• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Favorites going OOP??

For me, the biggest loss would probably be if the Comet, PD or FD went OOP.

If the PD went the way of the Dodo, I would probably switch over to either the Motion(MVP) or the OLF(Millenium)

The FD is a tricky one because it fits in between a Leopard and TL, so neither of those would really replace it easily. I'd say maybe an XL(Discraft) or Maybe a Crave(MVP). The JLS is kind of like an FD too...so maybe that as well.

The Comet...I will loathe the day if this mold ever goes OOP. That being said, I'd probably try to hunt down some DX Ontario Roc's or maybe the DD Fugitive.

Everything else in my bag are just dust collectors for the most part. Putters are a dime a dozen, so I can easily transition that spot.

I miss the DX panther. DX roc & DX Skeeter took its place.

I lost my mind when Discraft stopped The Reaper. Z Reaper was my favorite stable fairway driver. I bought a bunch on ebay, etc. I now have none in my bag after all that. Replaced by a overstable Teebird + Glow Firebird.

I was talking about Cobra's with a guy the other day; I said I'm glad I decided on Rocs instead of Cobra's when I went mold minimal in the 90's because I can't think of another mid that would replace the Ontario Cobra. It turns so easy early and fights back so hard at the end that it gives me a perfect S curve. Every other mid I've thrown that turns that easy doesn't come back nearly that hard, and the other mids that fade that reliably don't turn that easily. The other discs I've thrown that do that are drivers. I'd have to get an overstable mid and then torque monkey the thing over to get the flight the Ontario Cobra naturally gave me.

I miss the DX panther. DX roc & DX Skeeter took its place.

I'm surprised they make champion Panthers and not dx Panthers. X Comets seem to be fairly popular, why not make pro/dx/xt Panthers ?

Everything is in my bag is replaceable and probably always will be in the future. This is partially because I'm always afraid of being left high and dry by manufactures. That being said, I'm currently having a hard time finding an understable mid that I like and that is easily available for repeat purchases @ the weight I want.

Last edited:
I'm surprised they make champion Panthers and not dx Panthers. X Comets seem to be fairly popular, why not make pro/dx/xt Panthers ?

Everything is in my bag is replaceable and probably always will be in the future. This is partially because I'm always afraid of being left high and dry by manufactures. That being said, I'm currently having a hard time finding an understable mid that I like and that is easily available for repeat purchases @ the weight I want.
Have you tried a Theory? Readily available at good weight range. Unless of course you dislike Axiom/MVP.

I'd be lost without my Volt and Axis. Not sure what I would replace them with, but I haven't really thought about trying and hopefully won't ever have to.

Polecat: Probably a Rattler
XL: I dunno, I do like DX Eagles....... Maybe JLS. Premium Eagles and I didn't get along.
Voodoo: I dunno again. I really like the bullet nose shape now, aviar type diagonal cut away rim bottoms feel really odd now. Probably a Wizard, it's just a big bead Voodoo, right? :p

Only disc I have in my bag that I REALLY wish I could get more of and am totally unsure of a replacement is the Nat Doss Surge. I cant find them anywhere and have tried searching for normal esp surges to match to it as similar in shape as I can and even my extremely work nate doss surge flies more stable then a brand new esp surge that is same plh, dome, weight everything. I wanted to get a new surge that flies like the nate doss did new. Its finally beating to a point where its turning over even in light winds now.

Are you saying they're discontinuing it in everything but Z? That would suck, Z sucks, less grip than champion even.

They already did. Then the Ti came out, but no mas. An ESP Wasp would be especially nice, IMO.

Grip is ok on most Z but nothing to get excited about. And yeh, some is a little slick, the opaque Z mostly.

They already did. Then the Ti came out, but no mas. An ESP Wasp would be especially nice, IMO.

Grip is ok on most Z but nothing to get excited about. And yeh, some is a little slick, the opaque Z mostly.

Ah...I only have 3 or 4 Z discs and I tho not totally opaque they're definitely less see through than any run of innova champ I own.

Well sure it grips better than say a buttered pie plate, but compared to every other type of plastic I've ever owned or fondled, I would rate the 4 Z discs I own as the least grippy of the bunch. Pre-jolly launcher champion isn't much better, but it's enough grippier to notice.

Latest posts