• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] FD2 - retooled

DinosaurThunder

Double Eagle Member
Rumor has it - a better feeling and flying second run FD.

The re-tool was approved today!

Discmania FD2 (retooled) 21.2, 1.6, 1.1, 17.5, 1.8

Teebird bottom and new top is what I've heard.

Hopefully resulting in something like the 2nd run FD which is not like a teebird3 imo.

This would really fill out my bag. Any more news on this topic?
Jussi said that swirly S-Line Konopiste Open fundraisers will be the first release in April. Should probably start hearing about presale info soon.

Now the big question;
Are they going to offer it in anything besides C-Line?
Swirly S-Lines first, followed by stock S-Line release shortly after, then C-Line in the summer.

I've often wondered why people don't just throw a star teebird over a pricey 2nd run FD. Either way, I love the idea of retooling failed molds, gives us another option that makes us wonder "wait, why am I not throwing a teebird??"

I've often wondered why people don't just throw a star teebird over a pricey 2nd run FD. Either way, I love the idea of retooling failed molds, gives us another option that makes us wonder "wait, why am I not throwing a teebird??"

Star Teebirds are some of the most inconsistent discs I have thrown. Some are soft and flat, some are domey and soft, some are stiff and domey (the good ones), some are flat and stiff. The new star Teebird3s are very nice, but they didn't make them for a while. The old champion Teebird3s (non-metal flake) were also very good, but they don't have a production run either.

I tend to get good deals on 2nd runs so I have a good stack, they last forever and have a unique feel that I cant find in any Teebird. For forehands I cant deal with Teebirds, backhands they are great. 2nd run FDs are great both ways. It's the same reason people only throw 2-line Destroyers or prefer 11x Rocs, it's all about feel and confidence in what you are using. The only fairway that I have found that I like as much and have the feel for forehands and backhands is an Eagle. Problem with the eagles that I like are they are hard to find too (flat opaque).

I might switch but there is no need right now because I have a stack, the retooled FD2 or the star Teebird3s are getting me interested in switching or could be backups for the future.

What's this, fd3 is to firebird as fd2 is to teebird?

fd3 and the new fd2 share the same top. it is a little faster and a lil less HSS than the firebird top, it's actually a modified firebird top. its a little slower and more HSS than the teebird top. so im not sure because the fd2 will be more OS than a teebird but the fd3 will be less overstable than a firebird

fd3 and the new fd2 share the same top. it is a little faster and a lil less HSS than the firebird top, it's actually a modified firebird top. its a little slower and more HSS than the teebird top. so im not sure because the fd2 will be more OS than a teebird but the fd3 will be less overstable than a firebird

How do you know any of this? Bs.

jussi said teebird bottom and a discmania media team member said fd3 top. i know what these pieces are because i buy the discs and compare them, not sure what else to say but i am excited for the new fd2 and when i post in threads i try to bring knowledge and not just weak ass hate

Bump, any more info about these? Sound kind of interesting.