• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] FD2 - retooled

Soft Star plastic boo... How will this replace a 2nd run FD? Huge miss IMO.

How else will they sell nonsense like luster C line at a big markup?

19.99 for a fundraiser disc isn't a mark up. They just misled us a little by promising 2nd run like disc and delivering a soft version of star plastic.

The disc might still be absolutely amazing but it won't replace a 2nd run FD until its released in C-Line or at least Firm S-Line like the doombirds were. I would prefer Jolly Launcher though. If the disc is good and successful in the production runs I'm sure we'll see it eventually.

Until then I'll let people go crazy and pay aftermarket prices for this run and just keep stockpiling 2nd run FDs.

DM really seems to be off the mark lately. Too bad. I wasn't really looking forward to this release to begin with, but soft Star plastic??! C'mon guys... these should've AT LEAST been JL C-Lines.

I'll stick with my 2nd runs.

I gave up fairly quick on shimmer plastic after the first batches were gross colors like OG ti was.

If it's gross colors but felt really nice maybe bag it at certain times of the year but any of the shimmer I felt up was stiff and not a lot of grip. Hope it's different now?

I gave up fairly quick on shimmer plastic after the first batches were gross colors like OG ti was.

If it's gross colors but felt really nice maybe bag it at certain times of the year but any of the shimmer I felt up was stiff and not a lot of grip. Hope it's different now?

Not different that I'm aware of. I also don't like Shimmer Star (the Mystere in it was 'not good' while the regular Star Mystere has potential), and avoid it.

My retooled fd2s came in today, I got a blue/grey and a deep blue, the blue/grey is embossed while the deep blue is not. The deep blue is full of sparkles and is almost a champystar while the blue/grey is just solid colored.

They feel very similar to teebirds, but hopefully they have a different flight so it's not just another clone-like fairway. Unfortunately the weather in CLT is crappy right now so I wont get a chance to throw for a little bit.

First image is the retooled FD2 (left) and a 6th run FD (right)

Second image is the retooled FD2 (left) and a 2nd run FD (right)

The retooled FD2 has a much more noticeable dome than the second runs I have, but similar to other FDs I've had from other runs such as 3rd, 5th, and 6th.

Attachments

• IMG_2668.jpg
    IMG_2668.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_2670.jpg
    IMG_2670.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 179
First image is the retooled FD2 (left) and a 6th run FD (right)

Second image is the retooled FD2 (left) and a 2nd run FD (right)

The retooled FD2 has a much more noticeable dome than the second runs I have, but similar to other FDs I've had from other runs such as 3rd, 5th, and 6th.

Looks like they finally got it fairly close to the magic of the 2nd run. God I wish they would have ran it in C-Line I would have bought 10.:wall::wall:

Looks like they finally got it fairly close to the magic of the 2nd run. God I wish they would have ran it in C-Line I would have bought 10.:wall::wall:

The rims are still different and the FD2 has a slight lip. Also, they will be releasing these in other plastics, they just went with the shimmer for the Konopiste fundraiser. C-lines were made and tested by Simon, Jussi, and some others. We will just have to wait.

I threw mine a few times yesterday and they were surprisingly overstable. More stable than a teebird or 2nd run fd for sure. Reminded me more of an eagle without the turn. I'm really looking forward to the other versions of this so that they aren't as overstable.

Latest posts