• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] FD2

Mine is in my bag to stay. I don't use it a ton, but when I need a reliable fade, I'm reaching for it. It's definitely not a meathook disc, but it is consistent and I can always count on it to fade. VERY similar to the second run FD's, so if you've hoarded those, no real reason to switch to the FD2 IMO.

According to the Innova website, the FD2 was supposed to be released June 4 - that is 10 days ago, yet I can not find any on Ebay, nor discgolfcenter, nor marshallstreet, dtworld......

I picked mine up from the Discmania store although I see others like Community Discs are coming out with them as well.

Sweet disc. Flies similar to a champ Teebird but I like the feel of the disc in the hand a little better. Really liking these.

Comparing the flight #'s to a Teebird, it should be a little more OS and predictable? Anyone else who has used these two discs agree?

Comparing the flight #'s to a Teebird, it should be a little more OS and predictable? Anyone else who has used these two discs agree?

I would not say it is more overstable. Since the FD2 is a little bit slower it is more predictable for sure. Stability is pretty much the same. Biggest difference is the feel in the hand - for me at least. I do like both discs but the feel and the added predictability makes the FD2 a better option for me.

They're similar for me. Similar distances and similar flight paths. Both have the same stability in Champ and C-Line plastic.

I've been looking for something to bridge a gap between my Teebird and Wasp. Sine I've read here on DGCR that the FD2 is slower and has less glide than a Teebird, I think that the FD2 could be what I'm looking for.

Talked to someone at the Discmania.net store and he compared the FD2 to the Brinster Teebirds. Sounds like what I want.

wow, im honestly blown away i got my question addressed by discmania right in the thread here. thats amazing and just solidified that my fairways are gonna be fd's and fd2's this season instead of prodigys. :clap::clap:

My orange FD2 is both moderately domey and very stable. Even though it is only 167g, it is even more stable than my raspberry red flat-top 175g FD.

Only had the chance to play a few rounds with one. Early first impressions were somewhat TeeBird like but a pinch easier to throw, not as beefy. It feels really good in the hand for my FH, kind of like an F7. I think it will find a place in the bag.

Only had the chance to play a few rounds with one. Early first impressions were somewhat TeeBird like but a pinch easier to throw, not as beefy. It feels really good in the hand for my FH, kind of like an F7. I think it will find a place in the bag.

That's the opposite comparisons I've read/been told. Sounds like your describing an FD not an FD2.

I have an FD, it's alright. I was talking about a pink C-FD2. It's next to my desk. I have a Cal glow TeeBird that is my primary fairway and IMO, the C-FD2 was a pinch easier to throw. I really like the feel of it for a FH grip, it's a natural fit. Like I said, I only spent a few rounds with it, but that was my initial impression.

I have an FD, it's alright. I was talking about a pink C-FD2. It's next to my desk. I have a Cal glow TeeBird that is my primary fairway and IMO, the C-FD2 was a pinch easier to throw. I really like the feel of it for a FH grip, it's a natural fit. Like I said, I only spent a few rounds with it, but that was my initial impression.

So, which one is more OS? Teebird vs FD2 I mean.

For me, so far, the TeeBird has been. By easier to throw, I mean that when powered down the FD2 doesn't seem to fade out as hard, where the TeeBird can be a bit more punishing, if that makes any sense.

For me, so far, the TeeBird has been. By easier to throw, I mean that when powered down the FD2 doesn't seem to fade out as hard, where the TeeBird can be a bit more punishing, if that makes any sense.

Yeah, it makes sense. I just would expect the FD2 to be shorter/more OS because of the two flight #'s compared. Odd.

I don't know what kind of FD2 you are throwing, but the FD2s I have a more stable than Teebirds and a harder fade.

Latest posts