• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] FD2

So I have one of these orange, domey, European open stamped FD2s. I find it very interesting. Not a ton of glide sometimes 50 ft shorter than my FDs. So I don't use it much bh. I either use my 2nd run fd or a pred for a straighter shot into a headwind. Where I do like his disc is on my forehand. It has a hard dumpy fade so I can throw it hard and it ends up pretty straight. Same distance but much straighter than my xxx, so it hits the straight gap between zone and pd distance wise.

Honestly this sounds similar to a gateway blaze, anyone have comments on that comparison? The good evo blazes are hard to get nowadays.

It's what I wanted in a fairway driver..per se,still getting used to it. I've noticed when you put a lot of snap and power into it it flies straight with a soft finish to the left. Not enough power and it tends to bite harder to the left than a tee bird. I love the feel of the shape of the disc and am trying to get used to that characteristic, but it is exactly what I've been looking for in a fairway driver

Finally scooped up an fd2 today,hot pink 169/170g. Flies like a dream and better than i anticupated at the weight it was. Still surprisingly hss and some nice lss with not a ton of skip. Ive been using a beat champ fb for the slot this disc will be filling,it worked fine but had too much skip at times and less glide,i think this will be a nice substitute. The rim feels really nice and thick ,i am looking forward to throwing this on the course to see how versatile it can be.

Looks like some of the profile pics in this thread have expired. I just picked up a crystal clear orange CFD2. I can't throw it due to a foot injury, but I was comparing it to a 2nd run FD.

The wing contour looks the same, with a blunter nose. The top of the plate pinches down near the wing, just like a Firebird. It doesn't look/feel like the anhyzer top at all. The shoulder starts about where the wing ends, and mostly flat after that.

Feels good. Can't wait to heal up an get flickin' with it.

its definitely not the anhyzer top. looks closer to the test config pd top but i believe the bottom part of the fd2 is the same as the fd,which from what i remember,was the archangel bottom but that,im not 100% on.

mine is still bagged and i love it, at 169 it fights wind with no worries ,consistent flight ,easy to fh and a great disc all around.

Well, I probably should have studied up on the forums before buying my FD2. Ordered a 172 orange from DGC and im a fan of flat discs. After reading up it seems the orange have the most dome. I know i can do the hot water thing but my 2nd run flat FD is pure bliss and was hoping for a slightly more stable compliment. Sounds like ill get brinster bird stable.....oh well.....we shall see

The C-FD2 is the perfect complement to my C-FD and Pro Leopard. Those 3 cover all fairway duties with a Firebird in the mix for big wind and "what should I throw here?" shots.

It flies so straight for most of its flight and then fades somewhat suddenly at the end. Its useful for me on holes where I really need to range a shot and think the FD might glide past the basket into trouble.

Really starting to click with this disc. Fairly flat with a blunt edge. This thing flies low without a ton of glide and finishes dumpy so not much skip. In my limited experience, other discs with these characteristics have too much HSS to be able to power down and get a straight flight, not the case with the FD2. I find it great for shots with low canopy and or trouble behind the basket.

...other discs with these characteristics have too much HSS to be able to power down and get a straight flight, not the case with the FD2.
This is one of the best things about the FD2. It powers down well. I can use it in place of an OS mid or put some hyzer on it and put it on a deeper skip shot if I need to get out of trouble.

This is one of the best things about the FD2. It powers down well. I can use it in place of an OS mid or put some hyzer on it and put it on a deeper skip shot if I need to get out of trouble.

Glad to hear that.

I was actually thinking about grabbing an FD2 for this same reason. Take care of overstable mid shots. The only problem I would see with this is skips. The FD2 may skip on shots where my verdict wouldn't.

I was actually thinking about grabbing an FD2 for this same reason. Take care of overstable mid shots. The only problem I would see with this is skips. The FD2 may skip on shots where my verdict wouldn't.

I think a Zone / FD2 combo will cover my OS mid/fairway shots just nicely.

Bought an FD2 today. I planned to use it for forehand shots but it was good for backhand too.

I compared FD2 to fresh 2nd run FD and to my surprise there's not much difference between the two. Flight paths were almost identical. Maybe touch more fade in FD2.

so is a FD2 anything like a trident?
that's what i use mine for, like an OS mid

The Trident has a little less HSS and much more LSS compared to the FD2. Generally the FD2 is going to be more workable on longer lines than a Trident.

Latest posts