• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] FD2

rarintal was asking some pretty pointed questions re: what we'd be looking for in a P-FD. P-FD2 I think would be even better. If they're the same blend as P-PD's, it'd be the "actually good Pro Teebird" a lot of folks want.

Has anyone else been throwing the glow FD2's with the store stamp? The soft glow c-line plastic is amazing for BH shots with lots of glide and fade. This has been my favorite discs to put on a hyzer! I have been bagging that paired with a flat c-line that is perfect for rollers and get out of trouble shots.

Anyone else working with a similar system?

Last edited:
rarintal was asking some pretty pointed questions re: what we'd be looking for in a P-FD. P-FD2 I think would be even better. If they're the same blend as P-PD's, it'd be the "actually good Pro Teebird" a lot of folks want.

I'd buy a P-line FD2 and FD. I like cycling discs and although I have a nice cycle of Teebirds I wouldn't mind trying FD2's and FD's. I love the P-line DD and DD2 for max D. Love the P-lines grip.

Finally got around to feeling one of these up finally, a nice gummy flat orange 169. Man is it a sweet disc. The limited throws I got with it today made me think it's like an eagle x but with the teebirds high speed stability. Instant disc in the bag for sure. Do the glows have some dome to them?

So how are the C-FD2 flying for those who have been throwing them a while?

Just bought one and fresh out of the box it flies far closer to my Star Banshee than any Teebird I have.
Love how it feels in the hand for forehands though.

I have a fresh 168 C-line FD2 that flies like a Lat 64 Spark (OS utility disc). The FD2 is a lot more OS than my champion Teebird. I like the feel in the hand and was hoping for something more like a Teebird, but out of the box this is way too beefy.

Found one of these on the course this weekend. Wildest combination of mega blunt rim and super dome I've ever encountered. I'll need to chuck it a few times but good golly does it feel weird in the hand.

This is more like a banshee for sure it doesn't quite have the glide of a teebird, and has more fade.

If they put this out in Pro plastic, and it had the HSS that the Pro DD's have.... Man I would by 10

Yeah, I took my C-FD2 out for some field work and pitted it against my Star Banshee in some pretty good wind. The Banshee is more stable than the FD-2, but not by much. The FD-2 will fly a bit further, but not enough to say so.

I'll keep working with it when I do field practice and see what it turns into. It feels good in the hand and forehands well, but I don't think it's going to make the bag. For fairway's, I already carry a *Banshee, Champ Eagle "X", *Teebird and a G*TL3. I just don't see it doing anything special that I couldn't use one of these for.

Oh well, like trying new plastic none the less.

Yeah, I took my C-FD2 out for some field work and pitted it against my Star Banshee in some pretty good wind. The Banshee is more stable than the FD-2, but not by much. The FD-2 will fly a bit further, but not enough to say so.

I'll keep working with it when I do field practice and see what it turns into. It feels good in the hand and forehands well, but I don't think it's going to make the bag. For fairway's, I already carry a *Banshee, Champ Eagle "X", *Teebird and a G*TL3. I just don't see it doing anything special that I couldn't use one of these for.

Oh well, like trying new plastic none the less.

In case you didn't know (I haven't followed this thread), FD2 has a Banshee rim. I'm surprised to hear that the Banshee was more OS, typically our Anhyzer Top makes them more overstable than the mold they share a rim with. (for my education) Do you think you have an especially beefy Banshee, or is it pretty typical?

I would agree with the assessment that you have a plethora of good fairways. I tend to think of the FD2 as a tweener (midrange/fairway) because of its slow speed.

Please keep updating your thoughts. Not as many people throw FD2's as some of our other discs so I like to hear the feedback.

In case you didn't know (I haven't followed this thread), FD2 has a Banshee rim. I'm surprised to hear that the Banshee was more OS, typically our Anhyzer Top makes them more overstable than the mold they share a rim with.

I thought it was the opposite. Don't the PD and FB share the same rim?

I love the fd2 for forehands, haven't used it much on backhands actually.

I tend to think of the FD2 as a tweener (midrange/fairway) because of its slow speed.
Agreed. I think people gravitate toward the FD2, thinking that it will be a replacement for a 2nd run FD, but that's simply not the case. The FD2 is it's own unique disc; definitely slower and more OS than the 2nd run FD.

That said, LET'S GO PRODUCTION RUN 2nd RUN FDs!!!

^^^^^^^^^^ I have 9 already but a production run would be even better

In case you didn't know (I haven't followed this thread), FD2 has a Banshee rim. I'm surprised to hear that the Banshee was more OS, typically our Anhyzer Top makes them more overstable than the mold they share a rim with. (for my education) Do you think you have an especially beefy Banshee, or is it pretty typical?

I would agree with the assessment that you have a plethora of good fairways. I tend to think of the FD2 as a tweener (midrange/fairway) because of its slow speed.

Please keep updating your thoughts. Not as many people throw FD2's as some of our other discs so I like to hear the feedback.

I'm not sure if my Star Banshee is extra beefy or not, I've only owned two, one star and one champion and they were both pretty identical. What the FD2 has over the champion Banshee is grip, the Champ banshee I had was pretty slick.

I tend to use my Banshee more as a tweener, I recently dropped my Gator because I just wasn't using it as it's easier for me to ease up on the Banshee.

I'll keep working with it when I go out practicing (at least 3 times a week) and see how it goes.

I have several FD2s, haven't had a reason to throw any of them yet but I have to admit that they feel very comfortable in the hand.

I thought it was the opposite. Don't the PD and FB share the same rim?

Correct. It's definitely only a guideline, not a hard and fast rule, but generally the drivers go a notch up stability-wise. PD is a great counter-example. I believe the CD is as well (Viking rim).

Some other examples:

PD2 rim = XCal (PD2 more OS)
DD rim = Wraith (DD more OS)
FD rim = Leopard (FD more OS)

For me, what the FD2 is good for: shorter forehand shots that need the fade, very accurately ranged hyzerbomb approaches and also for steep long forehand annies/s-curves that may want to fade out or at least flatten at the end. This last one is very fun and useful.

The more I think about how awesome an S-line FD2 would be, the more I want it to become real! There would be so much potential molded in S-line.

been hoping for these since i first heard a whisper about the mold. They would cycle insanely well in s and p line plastics. sales would go through the roof.