• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] FD2

been hoping for these since i first heard a whisper about the mold. They would cycle insanely well in s and p line plastics. sales would go through the roof.

I would agree with this. If the mold stays in Champion only, I'm afraid it's going to be lost to obscurity.

Finally got around to throwing the FD2 that I found. Great standstill chip shot (175 to 225') fade finish forehand disc. In the past, I've struggled finding something in a fairway driver speed to fit my forehand shots (overstable fade out shots). This is it. I've always gravitated towards flatter discs for forehands (cuz it's comfortable) but found that the dome makes me be able release it hyzer, helping me from releasing anhyzer. Doubt I will ever use it on backhands, the lack of glide makes it dump yet it isn't that great skip/flare kind of finish like a Firebird or AJ Teebird.

I thumbed through a couple dozen of these at Infinite today and found one that was super flat and had a PLH a tiny bit higher than my 2nd run fd. Looks like it will be pretty beefy but have yet to throw it.

Add me to list of wanting these in S and P Line.

How do the glows compare to C Line?

Does anyone bag a FD2? I rarely see them out on the course. I'm going to pick one up next time I get paid. I met a guy yesterday at a tourney who was throwing a lot of sidearm shots with one. Seems like an underrated mold.

I have a flat c line in the upper 160s that I bag. It doesn't get a ton of use, I pretty much use it as a flick overstable mid. I carry a zone and can flick one just as far if not farther than a gator. Bear on the gator I can't say I'm a fan of anyway. In the 250 range the fd2 is still pretty overstable, sometimes it's easier to hit the fd2 at like 70% than a zone at close to full power. When I mash on it though it straightens out a lot but still fades a little at the end, something where a firebird might skip too much the fd2 is nice because thrown hard the fade is minimized.

Definitely not a disc I use all the time but when I need it the job gets done.

I have a flat c line in the upper 160s that I bag. It doesn't get a ton of use, I pretty much use it as a flick overstable mid. I carry a zone and can flick one just as far if not farther than a gator. Bear on the gator I can't say I'm a fan of anyway. In the 250 range the fd2 is still pretty overstable, sometimes it's easier to hit the fd2 at like 70% than a zone at close to full power. When I mash on it though it straightens out a lot but still fades a little at the end, something where a firebird might skip too much the fd2 is nice because thrown hard the fade is minimized.

Definitely not a disc I use all the time but when I need it the job gets done.

i agree, i have both a fd2 and zone and i can see what you're saying.
FD2 is great for forehand approaches.
it's kind of similar to a trident but not has OS.

I really want to use the 2 I own, but I just can't quite justify carrying them. I already have a PFN Champ Banshee and a Pinnacle Rival in the bag that cover everything I would use it for, but I really like the mold. It is comfortable in hand and really easy to range because of the lack of glide.

I really want to use the 2 I own, but I just can't quite justify carrying them. I already have a PFN Champ Banshee and a Pinnacle Rival in the bag that cover everything I would use it for, but I really like the mold. It is comfortable in hand and really easy to range because of the lack of glide.

i would choose the fd2 over a champ banshee. like you said, easier to range.
but depends on the shot.

fd2 = approach. banshee = distance.

When I mash on it though it straightens out a lot but still fades a little at the end, something where a firebird might skip too much the fd2 is nice because thrown hard the fade is minimized.

This is the main shot I use my Fd2 for. I also like them for hyzers that don't glide much which makes them easy to range.

I enjoy throwing Fd2's, just wish flat C-lines were easier to find.

I have mad love for my FD2 lately. It fits perfectly between the FD and FD3 (like thats a surprise). Thrown hard it flies dead straight with a healthy fade at the end. Extremely easy to gauge distance with as well. I will never understand why people still pay $35+ for a 2nd run FD when the FD2, although it has a different feel, is a direct replacement flight wise.

I have mad love for my FD2 lately. It fits perfectly between the FD and FD3 (like thats a surprise). Thrown hard it flies dead straight with a healthy fade at the end. Extremely easy to gauge distance with as well. I will never understand why people still pay $35+ for a 2nd run FD when the FD2, although it has a different feel, is a direct replacement flight wise.
I usein the FD2 in the same spot! Compliments FD and FD3 very well indeed. Still I would change it to 2nd Run FD immediately. FD2 has alot more fade. I just can't justify myself bagging 2nd runs due to the price and especially availability.

I have this crazy dream about DM finally figuring out how to recreate that 2nd run.

But for now I throw FD2 and be happy about it.

Lähetetty minun ONEPLUS A3003 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

2nd run FD does not equal FD2. The FD2 has a much harsher fade and significantly less glide. I never got into 2nd run FDs (even when I could still buy one off the shelf) Cause those middle run C line or S Line (and sometimes when I bagged P Line) PDs covered the same shots just fine.

2nd run FD does not equal FD2. The FD2 has a much harsher fade and significantly less glide. I never got into 2nd run FDs (even when I could still buy one off the shelf) Cause those middle run C line or S Line (and sometimes when I bagged P Line) PDs covered the same shots just fine.

I had 2 2nd run FDs when I first started throwing DM about 2 years ago (when they were selling for $15-20 :eek:) and from my memory they were very stable possibly even more stable than the FD2 I currently bag. I actually ended up not liking them because they only wanted to hyzer and never would hold a straight line

I had 2 2nd run FDs when I first started throwing DM about 2 years ago (when they were selling for $15-20 :eek:) and from my memory they were very stable possibly even more stable than the FD2 I currently bag. I actually ended up not liking them because they only wanted to hyzer and never would hold a straight line

2nd runs are very power hungry. Really was a unique disc with that combo of glide and HSS. The light ones that were still easy to find toward the end were even beefier, but glidier. Side by side flight were similar for me. Too much like a PD (I was throwing 3rd, 5th and SLine at the time)

Latest posts