• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Feb 2021 Houston to Lafayette and back

lion

I'm feeling frisky.
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
So I have 4 full days, gonna be 4 of us on a disc golf road trip. Plans are to play 5-7 courses a day over the trip and live life like DG Kings. Any recommendations:

Beer
Courses
Breweries
Hotels
Attractions
Food
Spots

This is a rough section of late. Not many responses.

I've played all of Lafayette, Fairly fun stuff with some mediocre stuff tossed in, had a free day so I cruised up to Pineville and played the Fort Buhlow courses, really enjoyed those courses. Between Houston and Lafayette I didn't get much, Liked Charles Lake but, Jenkins in Baytown was better. It been 7 years so, my memory is a bit spotty. I had my First Pecan Nut Brown in Louisiana the Brewery was outside Mandeville, I believe. Best I can for ya.

This is a rough section of late. Not many responses.

I usually check in on this section, but I just don't have anything to offer between Houston and Lafayette. Closest courses I have been to down there are closer to New Orleans. Selah Ranch too, but that's not exactly close to Houston.

Good luck, man! Always appreciate seeing your road trip updates here and on FB too! :thmbup:

Well how bad is the weather going to effect golf this week?

Well how bad is the weather going to effect golf this week?

To be determined. Still a sh*tshow right now. I am lucky to have power, but don't have water. Other side of the neighborhood is out of power and water. At one point over a million people in Houston were without power today. Gas stations near me ran out of gas today. Grocery stores had limited hours and lines to get in.

Time will tell if it clears up before your trip.

To be determined. Still a sh*tshow right now. I am lucky to have power, but don't have water. Other side of the neighborhood is out of power and water. At one point over a million people in Houston were without power today. Gas stations near me ran out of gas today. Grocery stores had limited hours and lines to get in.

Time will tell if it clears up before your trip.

Is it better or the same out towards Beaumont, TX? Should I head east? Please update tomorrow

Is it better or the same out towards Beaumont, TX? Should I head east? Please update tomorrow

Im in Austin.. We f@@ked right now.

In 5 days it will be near 70° tho

I don't know the conditions toward Beaumont. We lost power for about 6 hours last night. Still don't have water and probably won't for the awhile.

well played for 4 days last week (Thursday to sunday) and got in 27 locations with disc golf. tired and still a blur. lots of crazy weather and swampiness. crazy times