• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

FH control grip!?!

superdrive

Par Member
So, I learned FH again because I had F'd up my form (terrible wrist roll). Heres what I did:

Chanced grip from power (index finger curled) to 2 fingers straight and side of the finger facing the rim. This has cleaned my throw and changed the way I generate power as well.

Heres the question: is there anyone else who's using this grip for control?

My forehand grip is two-fingers, stacked, pressing on the inside rim. Not sure if that is what you are referring to or not, but this is how most people I know throw the forehand shot. The fan grip, or what I call the "k in sign language grip" seems to have a strength and control.

same grip, but side of the finger facing the rim. This reduces tons of snap compared to grip you described. I use it with putters up to 240 and for control with any disc. Similar to Fork grip vs. power grip in BH shot (not the same but...)

I've never even heard of it and that's why I'm asking.

I use that control grip for approaches and short midrange shots. It works very well when power isn't a requirement. For FH drives I use a stacked power grip with both pads pressed up against the rim, it definitley adds a ton more snap when you pinch the fingers closed during the ejection.

Latest posts