• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Field Work

Yeah that's true. If you just want to play for fun and don't care about improving your game then obviously you won't need to do field work. More power to you.

Generally the guys in this section of DGCR are not those people.

I practice on the course. Throw different discs, try different lines, putt under actual playing conditions. It works for me.

When practicing a new course for an event this is fine, but do you do this every round/every hole? What if there is only one line, what if there are groups behind you waiting to throw, what if it's a water hole and your first shot doesn't make it, do you keep throwing "different" discs for practice?

When practicing a new course for an event this is fine, but do you do this every round/every hole? What if there is only one line, what if there are groups behind you waiting to throw, what if it's a water hole and your first shot doesn't make it, do you keep throwing "different" discs for practice?

No, not every round every hole, lol. Just when I am practicing. I'm usually only one at my home course at 8 am, so groups getting in my way not an issue.

For me, no sense practicing water holes, either you make it or you don't. If you know the shot (hyzerflip, hyzer, turnover, etc.) and distance than water isn't an issue. Same with wooded holes. I'm more interested in seeing the line I need to hit.

I'm sure I can probably practice better, but I have limited time so would rather be out on the course.

When I can, I'll play a round and throw multiple shots per hole, but I also practice in the field too. I focus on one set of discs in my bag at a time (for example mids), and place my bag about 250' out, and throw each on it's natural line. Every few weeks I'll take all my mids from home out, and throw everything again. As my arm is improving, I'm finding discs I couldn't throw before are suddenly making it back into my bag, while others are removed. I also do this with my drivers but on different days.

Latest posts