• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finnish putting game

JMGdiscgolf, i have no idea what you need this kind of chart for, as a single line of 20 numbers should be enough.

Anyway, i made you a chart with a little bit straighter lines.

I just made a page with 3 columns and 20 rows:

Columns:. Distance/Made/Score

Works pretty easy that way. In my own bastardized version (27 ft max) I've topped out at seven and change...so huge asterisk beside that score. It really is a great game though, forces a lot of variety in distance. Kudos to you for coming up with it.

first attempt 496 indoors. 10 meters seems so much farther than 30 feet...
scoring is pretty easy on paper - just write down first score (10,20,30,40,50) and then when you putt from the next distance, write down that score, (18 if 2/5 from 9m). I just do the math while i'm picking up all the putts off the floor.. :p Yup, as above i just wrote down 20 numbers

I got errors in open office spreadsheets and googledocs

That is very strange. Googledocs shows zero errors when i am opening this with it.

Have not tested with open office, but there are no complicated formulas in there which could cause any visible errors. Can you send me a screenshot of these errors?

I just pulled it from office, and opened it with google docs without any issues at all. Works like a charm. Thanks!

Did this in the basement and actually measured. Depressing. Beyond 25 feet I'm pretty useless. Put some tape on the floor though and am digging this as an exercise. I, too, had to shorten everything by one meter. Now I need two more Daggers, though. I'm using 3 Daggers, an Ion and an Anode. :(

set this up, and got in 2 games, both around 500. I had cold hands, so I'm sure I can do better.

Heyy, I made a new version.

It is downloadable here: http://www.filedropper.com/jyly_1

Some minor bug fixes, added some graphs and multiplayer for 6.

(You can hide/show columns in the multiplayer sheet depending on the number of players or the necessity of H-K columns for you)

The statistics are easy to copypaste from the old version.

May your chains jingle all the way! Summer is coming!

got out to the park and played twice under the street light tonight. Awesome game! my putting has been so off lately, This game will definitely help me. First game was a 356, bumped that up to a 402. finally found my putt halfway through the second game.
what would mcbeth score on this game, i wonder.

The comment on the "Estimate" field of the excel file made me laugh. Nice.

I have not tried your updated one, but this is how it pulls up in Open Office for me.

puttsheeterrors_zps3bmomsp9.png

Tried google docs and the new version is working fine! I am excited play.

I am thinking I will make a rope/tape with a loop that can hook on the pole to easily move my marks to any direction on any basket I feel like playing on. Also plan on keeping a separate player for my self for different wind directions to keep better stats for myself.

I'm working on a desktop version of this so it will save everyone from having to copy/paste to see your stats.

It will be single player at first but I'll keep working on it in my spare time. Once the desktop is running fine, I'll put it into an app version.

Any request for additional features or things you would like to track or see or whatever?

I'm gonna throw another 100 putts tonight at this so I feel better about the first round of the year tomorrow. I got another 2 putters, so I have 5 in the same mold. Should be a big difference in walking back and forth - having 3 is tough with this game.

I'm working on a desktop version of this so it will save everyone from having to copy/paste to see your stats.

It will be single player at first but I'll keep working on it in my spare time. Once the desktop is running fine, I'll put it into an app version.

Any request for additional features or things you would like to track or see or whatever?

Thats awesome. The spreadsheet is simple, but easier will make people (myself included) more likely to track stats, which I see being one of the biggest draws to the game. I feel like seeing a gradual (even if slow) increase in score would be a great quantifiable way to see putting progress. Seeing the results of practice makes it easier to enjoy!

I took a look at the new version. I like it, thanks. On the single player page, there's a graph, but I'm not sure what this is showing me.

The graph is showing you your score for rounds 1-4, rounds 5-8, rounds 9-12, rounds 13-16, and rounds 17-20. Not sure if I really care about those numbers other than to say, "man, looks like I started off cold but then hit a nice hot streak in the middle of the round."

I ran a quick run at lunch in my garage at 15, 18, 21, 24, 27, and 30 feet (so, about 2-3 feet shorter than the official version) and scored a 629. World record, here I come. (Maybe the fact that I was on a travel basket cancels out the fact that I was throwing short putts ... or not.)

Thanks ToddL. That makes sense. The temps are reaching into the 30s now. Looking forward to another round tomorrow.