• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Finnish putting game

Opened just fine, now to try it out! (if I ever have 30 minutes)

Scratch that, its not working in open office spreadsheets. The Scored by round, Values, and scored by distance columns are not working. I wonder if I can figure out how to make it work through Google docs? I have fallen behind over the years on this stuff and hate windows8

Not working in google docs either. Not showing points scored, total points, none of the averages either. I may have to start tracking scores and playing the game without the spreadsheet, and maybe sometime be able to add them into the sheet.

It would be cool to see this as part of the Udisc app. Or as you are already working on a stand alone app.

Either way, thanks for sharing what you have!

After quickly testing, i think it works after importing it into google docs. (at least the primary functions work) Be sure to paste special values only, not just copy the cells normally.

Has anyone improved the 719 world record yet? What is the best american score?

Someone please make an App. Really a fun game, but too much of a pain entering scores.

This would be a really fun app to build. Not complicated in the least considering you probably already have the algorithms written into your excel sheets.

Getting it to work should be easy, making it look nice and user friendly is another can of worms.

I'd be open to helping code this through a social repository. Or do you have intentions of marketing this?

Big Tone, go ahead! I have no intentions (or skills) for making any money out of this. :)

Spreadsheet works on my iPad and iPhone numbers app. Pretty cool. Thanks for the idea. Makes putting a bit more purposeful.

Tried this the other day, scored 268 :( It was pretty windy or at least that's my excuse. About to give it another go. Wish me luck.

I can only squeeze out 27ft in my basement, so I've got it going from 12-27ft. Fun game, beats the monotony of what I've been doing up till now.

I made scorecards in case anyone wants to print them. Not the greatest quality but it's good enough for me. Figured it might be useful to some.

Attachments

• Scorecard-tile.jpg
    Scorecard-tile.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 202
I made scorecards in case anyone wants to print them. Not the greatest quality but it's good enough for me. Figured it might be useful to some.

Nice I will use these until I get my desktop hooked back up to use the spreadsheets... But they may finish an app by the time I have that done.

Getting it to work should be easy, making it look nice and user friendly is another can of worms.

This.

As soon as I opened up the speadsheet and saw all the cells with error messages, my excitement factor dropped.

I'd suggest separating the score-entry cells onto a different page, so it doesn't look like a jumbled mess when it lacks cell values.

Also, you have 3 columns titled "Scored". Perhaps more descriptive titles should be in order.

Everything opens up fine from what I can see. No errors here. I'm using Excel 2013 just for reference.

It could be a formatting issue with older versions of Excel for people experiencing issues.

I'll start working on a little something here in my spare time.

Tampora, what application you are using to open this? There should not be any error codes visible.

Also there are 3 columns titled "Scored" because of multiplayer naming. After entering player names on top of the score inputting column, it copies them to the corresponding columns. The single player sheet mechanic is the same but the other players are removed. You can change the titles yourself, that should not mess anything up.

JMGdiscgolf, i have no idea what you need this kind of chart for, as a single line of 20 numbers should be enough.

Anyway, i made you a chart with a little bit straighter lines.

Attachments

• fjdsakl.JPG
    fjdsakl.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 159
After 3 games, it is working great for me. The color variations are very easy on the eyes and speed up the review. 520 game high for me so far (indoors). Thanks for putting this all together.