• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Firebird-L (FL)

WaDoosh

Bogey Member
Hey everyone, just picked up a FL and haven't had a chance to throw it yet. Can anybody give me some reviews on it? Maybe how it compares to a Firebird? When it performs best? Thanks guys!

It is less stable than a firebird, but it still fights the wind allright. It is good to throw when there is winds, or when you need a hyzer shot. Pro Firebirds are awesome :)

Slightly less stable than a Firebird. For me it fights the wind very well, but still isn't too stable in no wind or with a tailwind. Has almost no glide at all, but I can get it to fly quite a bit farther than a TL or Teebird.

I often play mine for flick hooks. You can prevent it from fading a lot, but if you don't put a whole lot on it, it will make its way around 90 degree turns no problem. So I guess I'd recommend it for flicks more than anything. Good luck with it, man, you're gonna like it.

I love the FL for fh hand shots (anhyzer and hyzer) and overhead shots up to 300 ft.

It's accurate and dependable.

Hey everyone, just picked up a FL and haven't had a chance to throw it yet. Can anybody give me some reviews on it? Maybe how it compares to a Firebird? When it performs best? Thanks guys!

Is not as over stable as a Firebird. It is a lot like a longer 11X champ teebird. The disc will maintains flight characteristics into a steady headwind unless thrown with OAT. Due to its lack of glide, I personally think the disc performs better into a headwind than with out. Good forehand disc, short hole meathook, and flex shots. Once you learn it you will like it.

Bringing back an old thread here.

Anyone else liking these? I hardly ever see much mention of them on the forums.

I find this to be a real nice forehand disc, especially into a bit of a headwind. Not super beefy like a regular Firebird, but more stable than a Saint Pro or a PD. I get more straight distance with this than a XXX.

I had an FL awhile back a buddy gave me, I never saw the point of carrying an FL, the over stability of the Firebird is what makes it so good, Id rather throw a teebird.

I have a Star FL that comes and goes in my bag. Its domey and not real overstable, but it fits in that speed 9 control driver slot. Kinda bridges the gap between my Teebirds and Destroyers without being as overstable as a Firebird and still keeping molds to a minimum. Pretty useful really.