• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Firefly

GoobyPls

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Innova's crafted up a new putter, and it sounds like Nate Sexton will be using them. Possibly a P2 clone. Will be available in their new "Nexus" plastic. That might be the old McPro. Actually, I really hope it is.

I posted this on another thread but will mention it here as well: I am wondering if this Nexus plastic is the same as Infinite's I-blend plastic. I-blend is good stuff, and I've been expecting Innova to start molding their discs in it, as well. Time will tell, I guess... :popcorn:

Kinda noticed in the picture they used of Nate it looks like he is doing a spin putt that he normally uses his dart for. Maybe I'm reading into this a bit too much but asking one of the world's best putters to change discs is a huge task. I'm not convinced he's going to replace his p2s with the firefly.

They had to come up with the name "Nexus" because changing "McPro" to "SexPro" wasn't gonna work out.

Well he was able to make a kid so I guess he isn't too bad at it. :\

The real drawback of SexPro plastic is that it's really slick and if it starts vibrating in your plane luggage the TSA will pull you out for a bomb inspection. :|

Well he was able to make a kid so I guess he isn't too bad at it. :\

The real drawback of SexPro plastic is that it's really slick and if it starts vibrating in your plane luggage the TSA will pull you out for a bomb inspection. :|

Gives a whole new meaning to the term 'push putter'... :p

Did Innova get bought out by Google? That was my first thought when I read Nexus. Maybe something similar to DC's JB, or McBeth's new blend? A P2 clone that is readily available would sell like hotcakes. Really makes me wonder what DM's game changer on Thursday will be.

Did Innova get bought out by Google? That was my first thought when I read Nexus. Maybe something similar to DC's JB, or McBeth's new blend? A P2 clone that is readily available would sell like hotcakes. Really makes me wonder what DM's game changer on Thursday will be.

If the news is that Discmania is splitting ways with Innova and molding their own plastic in Colorado, the Firefly looking like the exact copy of a P2 makes sense.
attachment.php

Attachments

• P2 (pink)-Firefly (yellow).jpg
    P2 (pink)-Firefly (yellow).jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 472
If Innova makes trash baseline, pray tell who makes good baseline? I'm genuinely curious here.

Genuine answers: Prodigy's 300 plastic is pretty good, and was their baseline until the 200 plastic came out. Also, Trilogy's Classic/ZeroHard/BTHard is good, and it's their baseline to me. Origio/Prime came out later, and is not bad.

Discraft's Pro-D is very bad, IMHO. And Innova's DX has had a few decent runs at time, but a lot of waxy garbage at times, as well.

If the news is that Discmania is splitting ways with Innova and molding their own plastic in Colorado, the Firefly looking like the exact copy of a P2 makes sense.
attachment.php

That's my thesis of what the big Discmania announcement on 2/14/2019 is. We'll see in a few days. :popcorn:

Latest posts