• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Firefly

I Ordered a pair to try out because why not. I still prefer the slightly rubbery/tacky feel of the 2019? fireflys, I've got a pile of the 2020 glow ones but some are slick, some are chalky, some are grippy. I ordered 2 of the 2021's last year also just to note any differences and thought those almost felt like a different mold, although the 2 I received are grippier than the majority of the 2020's.

I Ordered a pair to try out because why not. I still prefer the slightly rubbery/tacky feel of the 2019? fireflys, I've got a pile of the 2020 glow ones but some are slick, some are chalky, some are grippy. I ordered 2 of the 2021's last year also just to note any differences and thought those almost felt like a different mold, although the 2 I received are grippier than the majority of the 2020's.

The 2020s and 2021s definitely vary in grip and stiffness. I use the stiffer ones for putting and softer for throwing. No real difference in flight between the 2020/2021 runs. They're stable to slightly overstable for a few rounds, but get into a nice straight/stable sweet spot quickly. I have a beat 2019 in the bag for longer putts since it holds straighter.

Agreed, I do appreciate the consistency of flight amongst them. That way I can beat up a stack of ones I don't favor the grip as much for practice putting and keep the "good" ones that feel goldilocks to me for rounds/tourneys.

Agreed, I do appreciate the consistency of flight amongst them. That way I can beat up a stack of ones I don't favor the grip as much for practice putting and keep the "good" ones that feel goldilocks to me for rounds/tourneys.

Did you get the DXs in? I held off on ordering any because I can't imagine liking any plastic better than Nexus. I'd be interested to see if they molded up the same too.

Yeah, kind of. I've found that XT seems different with every disc, but Nexus is always pretty firm with almost a chalky, velvety feel.

Eh, I got a nexus aviar driver from the pro shop, and it was identical in feel to the galactic mcpro aviars of the past. Didn't feel like any of the 50 fireflies they have at a local store, or any other nexus disc for that matter. I felt lied to. Otherwise I agree with your chalky velvety comment.

Eh, I got a nexus aviar driver from the pro shop, and it was identical in feel to the galactic mcpro aviars of the past. Didn't feel like any of the 50 fireflies they have at a local store, or any other nexus disc for that matter. I felt lied to. Otherwise I agree with your chalky velvety comment.

They're stiff but not slick like the McPros. I still think those felt velvety haha

Did you get the DXs in? I held off on ordering any because I can't imagine liking any plastic better than Nexus. I'd be interested to see if they molded up the same too.

Yes I did, mold feels just like the ones I got last year, which is to say slightly sharper, more angled feel in the hand vs the 2019/2020's.
The feel is more on the slick side of things, not that smooth velvety feel you mentioned. Thus far the 2019's remain my favorites.

Well, Innova got me again with the KC Pro galactic fireflys. I'm still using the galactic DX firefly for approaches/more fade vs the main 2019 firefly but liked the KC pro stamp better and wanted to try the plastic anyways. Plus I had some innova rewards bucks to spend.
https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/kc-pro-firefly/

Looks like the hype might be starting to die off on this mold because they're still available 12 hours later.

Well, Innova got me again with the KC Pro galactic fireflys. I'm still using the galactic DX firefly for approaches/more fade vs the main 2019 firefly but liked the KC pro stamp better and wanted to try the plastic anyways. Plus I had some innova rewards bucks to spend.
https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/kc-pro-firefly/

Looks like the hype might be starting to die off on this mold because they're still available 12 hours later.

I ended up caving and getting some of both the DXs and KCs. I putted with P-line P2s before switching to the Firefly. What I like about the Nexus Firefly is the subtle puddle-top. It gives them a slightly shallower feel. The DXs molded up like old D-line P2s, so they're a bit taller. I compared them upside down on a flat surface and it's quite noticeable. I expect the same from the KCs, but I would be happy if they came out like the Nexus.

Ordered my stash of 2022 Nexus Fireflies. It seems like this year's are a tiny bit more puddle topped than the '19-'21s. They may also be a tad stiffer than the '21s, which I'm happy about. That said the stiffness has always varied disc to disc, but I thought the '21s were the softest yet.

I wish we had more choices in color, but I guess it's blurple putters for another year. I'm going to putt and throw them later today, but it's a Nexus Firefly so I already know what I'm getting.

Ordered my stash of 2022 Nexus Fireflies. It seems like this year's are a tiny bit more puddle topped than the '19-'21s. They may also be a tad stiffer than the '21s, which I'm happy about. That said the stiffness has always varied disc to disc, but I thought the '21s were the softest yet.

I wish we had more choices in color, but I guess it's blurple putters for another year. I'm going to putt and throw them later today, but it's a Nexus Firefly so I already know what I'm getting.

interesting. I just had a friend give me a '21 to try out and the first thing that stuck out to me was the puddle top! I'm liking it a lot though so I may have to pick up some of these '22s

Has anyone thrown a Star Firefly from that limited run from a couple months ago? Wondering how it flies compared to the other plastics (especially Nexus.)

I just got a couple in the mail. Will report back if you still care.

Anyone got any 2023 nexus? Im wondering if they are puddle topped? I am loving puddle top Nexus feel in hand for putting.

Has anyone thrown a Star Firefly from that limited run from a couple months ago? Wondering how it flies compared to the other plastics (especially Nexus.)

I have held one, but not thrown. It feels deeper with more of a typical flat top vs. the slight puddle top of most Nexus. I have thrown the other variants of Innova produced premium P2s and I can pretty much guarantee the Star Firefly will be a little more overstable and probably stay that way for most of its life.

Anyone got any 2023 nexus? Im wondering if they are puddle topped? I am loving puddle top Nexus feel in hand for putting.

Looks like OTB's stock are all "(-2) - Puddle Top" except one. Unfortunately they're all the same garbage blurple color we've had for the past 3 years. I have enough backups that I'm going to wait until they release Nexus in other colors. I'd try an Oliva Alpaca, but using OTB's rating again it looks like those are flat and I prefer the puddle top Firefly.

Anyone pick up a Joona Heinanen Moondust Firefly? Profile pics make it look like it has a higher shoulder than your average Nexus Firefly, similar to the old C-Line P2s. Probably a no-go for me for that reason, but the plastic is intriguing.

Latest posts