• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First form check!

Bend your knees outward to catch your tilt. You are rotating instead of tilting and rear foot spins out and upper body goes over top.

Screen Shot 2023-10-16 at 12.46.12 PM.png

The end part was starting to look better, but you stop short. Not sure if you are trying to maintain front side bend or keep your shoulder down(neither should be done), but the frontside needs to expand outward while the rearside goes into side-bend.

Screen Shot 2023-10-17 at 3.47.43 PM.png

The end part was starting to look better, but you stop short. Not sure if you are trying to maintain front side bend or keep your shoulder down(neither should be done), but the frontside needs to expand outward while the rearside goes into side-bend.

View attachment 321681

I definitely don't think it's a conscious thing - it's like my front side has never been properly shifted onto that plant leg so where the shoulder is related to it in the dingle suddenly feels funky/new.

Added water glass and wanted to see if I could get closer to what you're showing here, trying to figure out where the slash thru was after the adjustment...

Edit:
Tweaked dingle spiral kick thru a bit, then two standstills, and two pendulum X-step with starting stance changed.

Some bits better, some not yet. Thanks & happy weekend!

Last edited:
Edit:
Tweaked dingle spiral kick thru a bit, then two standstills, and two pendulum X-step with starting stance changed.

Some bits better, some not yet. Thanks & happy weekend!

Stand throws looking really smooth. I can tell the well-timed sequencing and pull-through set you up for a lot of energy harvest in the power pocket.

I could tell I was still having "rotation vs. lateral" body confusion thru the hips and staying compressed thru the release point.

SW previously had me focus on the finish taking me into more of an uppercut than a hook. I exaggerated that a bit more in the drills & form.
1698085587945.png

New tilted spiral dingle, kick thru standstill, standstill, 2x pendulum drives:

Attachments

• 1698085999671.png
    1698085999671.png
    259.1 KB · Views: 0
1. Note my wider stance.
2. Note how my pump posture is square in the hips/resisting collapse/standing up, and knees are pointed out(laces out Marino!). Your front hip is collapsed/IR.
3. Note in backswing how my rear femur is angled against the my body with knee out. Your rear femur is vertical/knee in.
Screen Shot 2023-10-24 at 3.09.58 PM.png

1. Note my wider stance.
2. Note how my pump posture is square in the hips/resisting collapse/standing up, and knees are pointed out(laces out Marino!). Your front hip is collapsed/IR.
3. Note in backswing how my rear femur is angled against the my body with knee out. Your rear femur is vertical/knee in.
View attachment 322335

Wow. Dunno if you'll like this but it feels way different/more supported by my legs. I still think my rear of tee shows posture/sequence still needs a little nudging.

Two views and standstill:

1. You over turn in backswing and rear hip/head/lead shoulder get outside your posture. Backswing should stay leveraged/loaded back inside rear foot. Note how my arm/disc swing further back/up away from my mass.

2. Both your feet spin out. Note how your rear heel spins back away from target. My rear heel everts targetward just a little bit pulled my mass. Front foot shouldn't start to pivot until after swing passes it - pulling it as necessary.
Screen Shot 2023-10-25 at 12.09.49 AM copy.png

I started with my feet and tried to figure out how to shift like you. I am lost in the woods.

Last edited:
Note how I'm in more battering ram/lumberjack posture against the backswing pulling behind me inside posture. Your backswing looks very careful and placemental.

Note in 2nd frame how my right shoulder gets loaded much further back behind my hips. You are more upright and don't have much linear/lateral/horizontal separation of your shoulder from either hip.
Screen Shot 2023-10-25 at 2.48.33 PM.png

Note how much more athletic I am at the hit, it looks like I'm running thru it while you are standing up in place. If Terrible Terry Tate was going to tackle us face on, you would get posterized.
Screen Shot 2023-10-25 at 2.42.04 PM.png

Note how I'm in more battering ram/lumberjack posture against the backswing pulling behind me inside posture. Your backswing looks very careful and placemental.

Note in 2nd frame how my right shoulder gets loaded much further back behind my hips. You are more upright and don't have much linear/lateral/horizontal separation of your shoulder from either hip.
View attachment 322382

Note how much more athletic I am at the hit, it looks like I'm running thru it while you are standing up in place. If Terrible Terry Tate was going to tackle us face on, you would get posterized.
View attachment 322383

Lmao

Thanks for the reframing. I am taking this as "permission to heave + run through it" and see what we get.

Note how much more athletic I am at the hit

I think I was starting to get my legs/feet shifting and grounded better, but your shoulder is still swinging out a bit more over your toes/less over the top into the hit than me. My body mass is still more trapped East-to-West between my feet than you. So I'll try to focus more on the ram posture/slash thru/baseball backswing thought into the hit next.

Last edited:
This time I focused on swinging my arm/shoulder more like a baseball bat through the hit. Some of that improved but I think I still am landing out of posture/spinning out a little early on the front foot here.

Last edited:
Note your feet/hips rotating well ahead of your shoulders and pelvis/spine/head tilted over.
Note how I'm tilted back inline to front leg and hips/shoulders more squared up to hit/camera.
Not sure your intended swing, but I'm launching the ball upward on a homerun trajectory. It looks like you are hitting downward into an infield grounder.
Screen Shot 2023-10-30 at 2.08.37 AM.png

Note your feet/hips rotating well ahead of your shoulders and pelvis/spine/head tilted over.
Note how I'm tilted back inline to front leg and hips/shoulders more squared up to hit/camera.
Not sure your intended swing, but I'm launching the ball upward on a homerun trajectory. It looks like you are hitting downward into an infield grounder.
View attachment 322538

Tried home run swing thought and tightening up trail side to commit the stroke: