• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Flat star roc??

walkersfriend-sd

Bogey Member
is there a such thing as a flat star roc..i love star plastic but i cant stand how domey they make the rocs!!! have any of you guys ever run into a flatter one or know hwere i can get one..if not what plastic do you recomend i through i roc in?

You can always find some that are flatter, so the answer to your question is yes. But a lot of the Champ Rocs are a bit less domey in my experiences...

I'd recommend a Buzzz though... If you like flat.

I got a red Star Sanny last year that's flat for a Star. If you want a truly flat Roc I'd just get a DX.

I have a super flat red one. It is just as flat as my dx flat tops. I'm not crazy about star rocs though so I really don't throw it but it does feel great in the hand.

I have a super flat red one. It is just as flat as my dx flat tops. I'm not crazy about star rocs though so I really don't throw it but it does feel great in the hand.

whoa...never even heard of that before, let alone seen one. myth, busted.

My flat one was some type of hot stamped(double stamp) from a tournament. I bought it from a local guy and it is seriously that flat. I have other star rocs that are super domey as the op said.

Get you a flat top DX. That is what I have and love them. Also, if you like rocs and are needing something on the more stable side, you could try a MD2. You cannot beat a DX roc.

There's nothing wrong with a flat star rancho roc, you are just going to have to pay to get it, figure $25+. I believe they are only available as TFRs, but I could be wrong.

Yes. The ones I have seen are 2009 Ranchos.

This. Not the ones that say "2009" graffiti style, the ones with the big bird on them. They're so flat some of them are concave. Beware though, every single one I've handled has been gummy as a mother. So if you don't like gummy, you don't want.

:rolleyes:
just buy a dx and beat the hell out of it.

Not the same. The reason I stopped throwing Rocs is because I had a flat top roc that I absolutely loved... but an upshot that went too high bounced off the top of the yellow band and took almost two inches of the bead off. I didn't want to waste my time and money with Star or Champ rocs, so I switched to the Axis. To me it's everything a roc can be, in premium plastic.

oddly, i throw premium plastic in drivers, dx only for mids, and semi-premium for putters.
I throw dx rocs and gators for mids.