• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flatpad teepads

I'm sure I wrote about the experience with our product. Not from experience in general.

I asked for clarifications on the things I have left unanswered. I will certainly try my best to cover all topics. I certainly have not claimed that our product is the best, but I have highlighted its advantages.
I still want to emphasize that I value your opinions as much as mine. Equally.

I don't want to get personal with anyone and I would hope the same from you.

And yes, I play when I have time.

The advertising seems to be "permanent ", not attached by tape or something else. You promote the portability of these, why would DGPT (probably the best target for this) want them? They would have to be able to easily change the sponsor info every tournament. It's easier to stick up signs.

In another post, you mentioned cities, municipalities, etc as the target....around here and probably most places, cities, etc will not spend that kind of money on disc golf courses.

Yes it looks like the ads are permanent. But we have a solution for this, which can quickly install ads on the edge and change if necessary.
I guess we'll see how our product succeeds in the future.

You also keep referring to the Tynni tournament's use of your pads. Did they buy the teepads or did you donate them to showcase them? Would the course have used them if you didn't donate/loan them?

Did you do a post tournament survey of the players to see what they thought of them compared to other teepads?

Yes, I refer to the Tyyni tournament because of its topicality and the availability of videos. So that information is available to you through that.
We are sponsors of the event, but we do not disclose the details of the contract to the public.

The feedback survey is in the works, but the feedback received so far has only been positive. If you look at the competitors' own social media posts, it is hardly a coincidence that numerous pictures and videos from the event are from our platforms.

So you are talking about an advertisement, to be seen at a distance, of less than 5" in height? What kinds of advertising are you envisioning here? Not much room for much information. At least not in a easily digestible manner. And if you are talking about wrapping an ad all the way around the pad.....I'm gonna have to ask if you are legit serious here.....

TLDR:

Advertising space available is utterly irrelevant.

I think it would be as relevant as the band on baskets?

So you are talking about an advertisement, to be seen at a distance, of less than 5" in height? What kinds of advertising are you envisioning here? Not much room for much information. At least not in a easily digestible manner. And if you are talking about wrapping an ad all the way around the pad.....I'm gonna have to ask if you are legit serious here.....

TLDR:

Advertising space available is utterly irrelevant.

We have planned space for advertisements in the product. It is used with our own logos, but other uses are possible. I would leave it completely up to the advertising sales professionals to decide what kind of ads it would include. However, what we have heard from them is encouraging and the clear understanding is that it is usable.

Wow.

So you're saying that a forum full of disc golfers, your end users, are just making uninformed and uneducated assumptions based on the information available information.

Well for starters, many of us have used various styles of teepads, and can formulate opinions based on experience. There are also several course designers/advisors present here also. The information we have is coming straight from you, and you're completely unable to adequately address many legit concerns or cons that people are discussing.

No one here has any problem with your profile. Many have wished you the best in your endeavors.

The biggest issue seems to be your utter delusion about many things here. Obviously you think your product is the best ever. We are voicing why we disagree.

But what do we know. We just play disc golf........do you???

I dunno Jake. I took his post more in the vein of...

...Since we haven't actually tried it, we don't really have first hand knowledge about the product. We're really just speculating. And although we haven't actually tried that product, our speculation is based on years of experience.

Let's do our best to keep it civil and constructive.

Just my take.

I think it would be as relevant as the band on baskets?

How many ads are actually placed on basket bands? I don't see too many. A few random stickers maybe? But at least bands are eye level when retrieving a disc, and are in a place you can see easily. Not 3" from the ground on the front of a teepad where no one ever looks.

How many ads are actually placed on basket bands? I don't see too many. A few random stickers maybe? But at least bands are eye level when retrieving a disc, and are in a place you can see easily. Not 3" from the ground on the front of a teepad where no one ever looks.

Bands are also at least visible on coverage when they show someone putting at the basket.

When you think about how much the best players earn each year, you would expect to spend significantly more money specifically on the development and construction of courses. We think that for competition use, the appearance of the tee pads is one important factor.

This told me all I needed to know about the focus of your company. If you're angling for temp installs for national/world tournaments, you may be on to something. ( I also thought for extremely rocky soils or consistently frozen terrain it might be a good option. )
But the price is far beyond the finances of almost all municipalities and private citizens, especially considering the much cheaper and much longer lasting alternatives ( I personally know of concrete tee pads still in use after ~45 years ).
And tossing insults at your perceived customer base, to whom you originally posted asking for opinions, isn't helping make your sales pitch either.

Last edited:
This told me all I needed to know about the focus of your company. If you're angling for temp installs for national/world tournaments, you may be on to something. ( I also thought for extremely rocky soils or consistently frozen terrain it might be a good option. )
But the price is far beyond the finances of almost all municipalities and private citizens, especially considering the much cheaper and much longer lasting alternatives ( I personally know of concrete tee pads still in use after ~45 years ).
And tossing insults at your perceived customer base, to whom you originally posted asking for opinions, isn't helping make your sales pitch either.

It makes a lot more sense when you find out it is an existing company making a lot of other stuff that isn't DG related. If selling 50-100 teepads a year is a success as a side-gig for an existing company, then that's a lot more feasible than a standalone company trying to make this their only income stream.

I have not really seen them hurling insults. Though, they certainly seem to have defend against them.

I think the majority of your post is right on the mark.....and I see nothing wrong with it. I, again, think there are many niche markets that will continue to open with our current rate of growth. Profit, marketing, sales and viability are the problems of companies entering the fray.

It makes a lot more sense when you find out it is an existing company making a lot of other stuff that isn't DG related. If selling 50-100 teepads a year is a success as a side-gig for an existing company, then that's a lot more feasible than a standalone company trying to make this their only income stream.

I think this is to be a popular business model entering into our game. Free market will shake out the ability to make money.

I didn't mean it was their sole product. By "focus" I meant it was middle-manning for a slice of the pie, which is pretty much dmoore's post.

I went through all my posts on this thread. Certainly in many places I could have chosen my words better. I'm sorry that I made some of you feel offended. That was by no means my intention.

You are doing exactly the right thing when you challenge the new product and us. We have to rise to the level that it is enough and be better in that way. We cannot influence other than through our own actions and this discussion is part of that. We are trying to improve here as well.

We updated the chart based on the feedback received here. The goal is of course to give a fair and realistic picture, but also to highlight the advantages of our product.

[Big Table Omitted][/IMG]

Others have raised other concerns and I don't want to keep harping on the same thing, but if you are going to say "designed to standards," I think it would be better to say "designed to applicable safety standards" if that is true and it would be even better to say "designed to standards set forth by the EU/Finland in SFS-EN 15312 + A1" if that is true. At least you are pointing them to a standard. The first thing that I would want to know if were a potential customer and you referenced a standard is what the applicable standard actually says. But, if you are meeting an applicable safety standard, then that should definitely count as a pro of your pad.

Others have raised other concerns and I don't want to keep harping on the same thing, but if you are going to say "designed to standards," I think it would be better to say "designed to applicable safety standards" if that is true and it would be even better to say "designed to standards set forth by the EU/Finland in SFS-EN 15312 + A1" if that is true. At least you are pointing them to a standard. The first thing that I would want to know if were a potential customer and you referenced a standard is what the applicable standard actually says. But, if you are meeting an applicable safety standard, then that should definitely count as a pro of your pad.

Good point. We should add that to the table, although it can be found elsewhere on our site as well.

The standard itself is +50 pages of detailed information. There are numerous points where different factors are defined, so adding them to the table is not meaningful. The law requires compliance with the standard in the design of equipment, so perhaps that information could also be added.

The text could be like this.

"Complies with the Consumer Safety Act 920/2011 and the standard
SFS-EN 15312 + A1 requirements."

Keep in mind that English is most likely not the OP's first language (maybe not even their 2nd language). Some of the wording in their posts may not convey concepts as clearly or accurately as if they posted in Finnish.

In any event, their English is orders of magnitude better than my Finnish. :eek:

Personally, I don't think Americans fully appreciate just how fortunate it is that so many people outside the U.S. are fluent in English. The fact that so many people, in so many countries, speak English, makes it easy to take it for granted.

Just my opinion.

BogeyNoMore;3822753 ....Personally said:
Have to agree with this...

My great nephew who isn't even one y/o yet will be bilingual because his mother ( my niece) teaches English, his father (who learned English from my niece) is German...
They live in Germany.

Me, I speak American...

in a fine Milwaukee dialect...

Ana' hay...

Last edited:
You are right about the language. The native language is Finnish and English is the weaker language. I'm not necessarily the best writer in Finnish either, so I'm sure there's a lot of development to be done.

Thank you for your understanding.

Latest posts