• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Flip to flat, straight, far, little fade - What’s in your slot?

Instinct. I used to throw FD for this shot for years but Instinct is better in every way.

Idk if it's been answered, but I use a ~170 production Z undertaker for this. Thing is great for hitting gaps over 300'.

But I'm sure there are a million answers.

Update: the FD still needs some break-in, but it's basically what I wanted. It turns more than the Explorer but fades about the same. In fact, the FD fades more than I expected at the end. Fade starts kinda early and slowly moves away.

I use a st00pid lightweight (145) Big Z thrasher. It's truly magical in that capacity, but my form lets the disc down and it gets ashamed of me.

I use a st00pid lightweight (145) Big Z thrasher. It's truly magical in that capacity, but my form lets the disc down and it gets ashamed of me.

I have a 17X weight Thrasher and love it for gliding turn from one gap to another, but I'm haven't tried flip to flat yet.

I have a 17X weight Thrasher and love it for gliding turn from one gap to another, but I'm haven't tried flip to flat yet.

I used to use Discraft Heats of varying plastics and wear; they were all so easy to flip and rode a really nice long straight path at one point, but the z and the big z started coming out of it and turning over way too soon for my liking, while the zflx would take the most effort to flip and then fade out. I actually really started to like the zflx version, but my lightweight thrashers fly very similarly while using less effort to get the same result from a standstill, so generally my releases are cleaner. I still need to spend a lot more time working on that shot though.

Yes on Vandal also here. A seasoned Air trespass comes in right behind this.

Yes on Vandal also here. A seasoned Air trespass comes in right behind this.

Interesting. I had a Trespass early on and was just starting to throw it decent when I lost it in a ravine creek. Fast forward a few months and bought another one Fusion, 170g. Man that will flip up very nicely as my throw has improved. I hadn't considered for the flip straight shot, but will try it out!

i flip my vip king for this...will turn a bit still but no fade....was flippjng straight but broke in oretty quick....champ beast for shorter...these will actuslly
come back a little...beat pro destroters are great hyzer flip disc too

I use a couple discs for this slot. I've got a pearly Z XL, it's pretty stable but still likes to flip up to flat and ride straight for a long time. The second disc I use for this shot (usually more tech lines) Is a 2017 ESP AR Sting. Super easy to flip up.