• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Flippy throwing putters (KC?)

Jbultman

Birdie Member
I've been throwing p2s and aviars in r-pro plastic for quite a while.... After finding KC Pro rocs I'm hooked on the plastic. After playing with the r-pro for a while and seeing James Conrad throw those late flipping anhyzers I'm wondering if KC pro aviar plastic would beat in to exactly that or should I stay with r-pro or switch to jk. The reason I like the KC is how stiff it is, unlike the jk and r-pro
Thanks

I've been throwing p2s and aviars in r-pro plastic for quite a while.... After finding KC Pro rocs I'm hooked on the plastic. After playing with the r-pro for a while and seeing James Conrad throw those late flipping anhyzers I'm wondering if KC pro aviar plastic would beat in to exactly that or should I stay with r-pro or switch to jk. The reason I like the KC is how stiff it is, unlike the jk and r-pro
Thanks

Well no it will but due to being a stiffer more durable Pro Plastic then R-Pro and JK the KC will take much longer to get to what you want. The disc I would have segusted is Pro but Innova has yet to make a regular Pro Aviar P & A and the big bead molds. I would say that try the KC Pro and or try a Whale off the Innova Disc Golf Pro Shop in KC.

Last edited:
I would just stick with one of the softer plastics if you want to beat it into a turnover disc. R-Pro is perfect for that because it's a plastic that initially beats in fairly quickly, but then after a certain point seems like it doesn't get much flippier even as it accumulates a lot more visual wear. R-Pro Darts and Aviars are some of the nicest throwing putters you can find.

Alternatively, if you don't want to beat up a disc to make it turn for you, you could just buy a Swan, Spin, or Deputy in a more durable plastic. There are plenty of putters out there that are understable out of the box.

James Conrad have probably thrown his purple JK Aviar thousands of times to make it fly like that.

I don´t have time for that so i throw a Gateway Magic. DD Deputy or RPM Discs TUI for that shot. . flyes like that new out of the box

Thanks

The answer you are looking for is YES. The KC Aviar will turn into the thrower you are describing. It will take a little bit of time. A couple of one-disc rounds is a great way to get you there. It's also a great way to learn the intricacies of the disc.
'When it comes to putters, more stiffer more butter'

Season up a KC Aviar or a P2.. it will take quite a few rounds to get it there though. KC is very, very durable compared to softer base plastics like DX and R pro in my experience.
I bet if you asked in the marketplace somebody's gotta have a seasoned thrower they'd sell you..

I bet if you asked in the marketplace somebody's gotta have a seasoned thrower they'd sell you...

This times 100. Take advantage of the person who thinks their perfectly seasoned Aviar is too flippy. I never understood how people can abandon molds in their sweet spots. After thousands of throws, it should be the best disc in your bag, not benched.

Several turning/flippy putters there, right now.

Shameless plug. Lol

Selling for my dad, or I'd keep them. Lol

If you want to season a KC Pro Aviar or Roc quickly... take them to a empty parking lot, and throw low skip shots for about 20 minutes. You'll wear the bead off pretty quickly, and boom - straight flyers.

FWIW, the big bead Aviar (what the KC and JK molds are) also comes in DX as CFR discs, and pretty much every one I've gotten my hands on has been pretty stiff. Putters beat in pretty slow as it is, so it will probably still take a while to beat in but not as long as a KC/JK would.

If you want a late-turning flippy thrower out of the box, try a Deputy. They're Streets' favorite disc, but he's Trilogy fanboy, so take that for what it's worth.

I don't know if people aren't throwing them, or if they haven't tried them, but the Prodigy PA-4 is the best flying US putter I have ever thrown. So much so that it is the only non-Discraft produced disc in my bag. I am still on my first Proto stamped one. Late turn, great glide, the whole package, for me.

Just beat your KCs hard. After a while they'll be flippy. Grab a DX to fill that slot in the mean time. I have a couple of Mcpros I pull out in the yard sometimes they have that dead nuts straight flight to late flip. And my main thrower is a PW Wizard took a while to get one flippy. Was worth the wait.

Just beat your KCs hard. After a while they'll be flippy. Grab a DX to fill that slot in the mean time. I have a couple of Mcpros I pull out in the yard sometimes they have that dead nuts straight flight to late flip. And my main thrower is a PW Wizard took a while to get one flippy. Was worth the wait.

How fast do the mcpros beat in? Never fondeled one

I think KC pro is pretty slow to beat to flippy personally. All the aviars and rocs I have had get to pretty much straight and stay that way for a while. If you really want a flippy KC pro I'd look for used. I'm sure you could pick up a small stack for fairly cheap and have an instant cycle.

Short of that, the best flippy putter off the shelf I have found is a swan. But it doesn't feel anything like a BB aviar

This times 100. Take advantage of the person who thinks their perfectly seasoned Aviar is too flippy. I never understood how people can abandon molds in their sweet spots. After thousands of throws, it should be the best disc in your bag, not benched.

they probably have a FH. after a while i dont like my kc pros, the bead disapears and you get scared to loose it. also, its so easy to slide in a colt these days. the old school cycle is on its way out

they probably have a FH. after a while i dont like my kc pros, the bead disapears and you get scared to loose it. also, its so easy to slide in a colt these days. the old school cycle is on its way out

If you throw Rocs and feel the same way about them, thanks for helping this obsolete chucker keep his going without all the hard work.

Getting a KC Pro Aviar beat flippy is a labor of love, basically because that disc will be so sweet for so long before it gets flippy that you will already have a long-term love affair going on with that disc by the time it beats flippy. It takes a lot of rounds of disc golf to get there.

Shameless cycling plug: That's the fun of it, though. People who don't cycle have that instant gratification thing; they don't get that 1/2 the satisfaction of having that perfectly seasoned disc in your bag is the number of disc golf shots that seasoned discs represents. Those are your throws, the disc embodies a lot of the fun we have out there. For me, the feel of a good old beat Roc that I've thrown 1,000's of times before in my hand will always beat the feel of a new disc. If you don't have a disc in your bag you have thrown since forever, you really should.