• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Foot Golf = Footgolf = Soccer Golf = Football Golf

Not all that untypical with something that is novelty. The thing is, novelties are a fleeting passion. Will these folks still be doing that 5-10 years down the road once the novelty has worn off and there's some new thing to drop $10 per person on?

Unfortunately, novelties nowadays can translate into BIG $$$$$. It's like Frankensteining two or more things together to get something that is feasible to do, Foot Golf. Soccer will last through the testaments of time and so will Golf, but like scarpfish said: novelties ate a fleeting passion. So will Foot Golf last? Only time can tell but I will side work scarpfish on this one.

Yep, same novelty concern with disc golf. Unlikely that merging Frisbee throwing with golf will survive more than a few years...

Foot Golf Fun

"Safari Course anyone?"
images

images

images

images

images

More fun with Foot Golf

He's got big balls...
images

She's got big balls...
images

but we got the biggest, balls of them all
images

images

Yeah, I got a few aces under my belt...

images

"CE Bitches!"

well done, Donny :clap:

as far as foot golf goes... it's helping save many struggling public ball golf courses. So there is certainly a symbiotic relationship there. However if one 'course' fails, it may bring the other with it.

For the most part disc golf doesn't need to worry about that. Sure, parks close and courses close with them, but public parks are less likely to close than a struggling golf course.

Not all that untypical with something that is novelty. The thing is, novelties are a fleeting passion. Will these folks still be doing that 5-10 years down the road once the novelty has worn off and there's some new thing to drop $10 per person on?

People make new kids all the time! I have no idea if it will last, but I do think it appeals to A LOT of people looking for something easy, relatively low cost, and basically fun. It doesn't have to be a hobby for a lot of people to be successful.

"foot golf" of soccer golf has been pretty big in Europe for quite awhile now, it is just now starting to trickle over into the United States. its cool to see it taking hold, its great for golf courses that are public and don't have the traffic that they once had with regular golfers. just like disc golf, anybody can play. love to see this gaining momentum here in the states.

If you are designing two courses I say have one with Foot Golf and one without. This way you can see what kind of crowd the foot golf attracts and how will FGers and DGers jive. I seem to be turning into an old man, but I think that FG may attract a lot of "punk teenagers" that some of the more mellow DGers may not want to be around. I can also see these same people potentially causing damage to teesigns and baskets. I think my friends in those days would have. I have better friends now.

wait, Footgolf, but not disc golf, will attract the "punk teenagers" - I'm very, very confused :confused:

I've never seen a foot golf course in person; but I'm thinking that if the holes are big enough for a soccer ball, then they'd be big enough for a golf disc. Anyone tried playing disc golf on a foot golf course?

we just had prodigy baskets installed on an existing 9 hole golf course which already had foot golf incorporated. it's now a 3-sport venue.

I would seem to think older folks would be into this sport. The holes aren't as long so you don't have to walk near as much. We have a course here in Paducah that is on an existing 9 hole regular and disc golf course. Nothing fancy but something to do that is a little different. Only thing that sucks is retrieving the dang ball out of the deep holes. Golden Retriever needs to manufacture a soccer ball retriever so you can just stand up and pick the thing out of the hole. I guess a fishing net would work but carrying around a fishing net while kicking a soccer ball might look as silly as guys walking out into the woods carrying a bag of Frisbees.

It looks cool, I've got two foot golf courses pretty close to me. I'll give it a try, just for the novelty.. I'm not planning on picking up a sport that costs $$ every time I go out.

The holes are big enough for me to climb into like a washtub, never tried discing a foot golf course, but it could be fun.

I like this idea in theory. Could be because I chronically miss putts low(ha,ha), could be because I've always admired a could clean hole(settle down), could be because I favor the roller and/or could be because it removes all the many variables that come with the current basket/chains on a pole set up.
Some of the problems with holes being- safety, location(visibility), accumulation of debris, critters and of course the act of digging a hole in Arizona.. where the saying is: "If you haven't hit a rock, you haven't started digging."

we just had prodigy baskets installed on an existing 9 hole golf course which already had foot golf incorporated. it's now a 3-sport venue.

I want to play a round from the disc golf tees to the kick foot golf(?) holes. I just thought of another negative/con against holes: bending down to pick up your disc. Never have been a big fan of picking stuff up. I have the laundry pile to prove it.

So I tried thi with my wife and her friends, four college soccer players...

It was fun and I was less bad than I expected, wife almost beat the course record though. She's a beast when it come to placement, former defensive mid.

I really don't think I'd play often it made my lower back hurt after a while and I can throw way better than I can kick.

Tried a 18 holes of foot golf today. The course was flooded, but it was still actually a lot of fun. The pad were the same as the ball golf pads. The holes were a little off to the side of the green, most were in the rough so putting was kinda difficult and a few holes played over water which was pretty much impossible with the distance we could kick. There wasn't an alternative pad placement for the water shots, so a few holes were kinda weak. Otherwise it was a lot of fun and I'd definitely play it again.