• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

When did Legacy start molding their own discs?

They have a "factory" but I get the feeling from FB posts, etc. that they are only doing hotstamping and not molding themselves. I don't think they have anything special as far as quality control, you can find discs with the same kind of variance that you see at any other disc manufacturer. Their lots are probably just smaller, so it's easier to find 2 or 3 similar discs.

When I said I think the plastic is really their selling point, I mean the plastic blends themselves. When they released Legend and the early Pinnacle, there wasn't much else like it on the market. For me, throwing Legacy was like being able to get a sweet CE or Pearly 11X Teebird off the shelf. Just get a new Pinnacle Rival.

In the last year or two I think the others have closed the gap a bit with some of the newer releases (Luster, Color Glow, etc.)

I was talking more to Mr. Innova Is The Devil Because They're A Business inferring that Innova doesn't care about their products like Legacy does. Legacy hasn't molded their own discs from the beginning, and they suffered (much like Lat did before they took everything in house) from serious variation in their molds. I was hoping they'd established themselves enough that they could start molding their own and actually care about their quality instead of kind of being held back by their molder.

Love me some legacy currently rampage , outlaw , cannon , patriot , fighter . Might be going all legacy after I pick a few more up ......

I'm interested in the pursuit. Anyone have any further feedback on the flight, feel, plastic differences, etc. I currently throw a discraft hornet in esp plastic and I can throw this out to 290-320ft on a straight line with a dependable fade at the end. Although I love this disc it is OOP and hard to find, so I'm playing with the idea of upgrading.

Not familiar with the Hornet but I've had the pursuit in the bag for a couple weeks and have tried it in two plastics (icon and glow). Both are grippy and board flat. Beadless with a rounded feel to the lower rim, it's very comfortable for FH throws. That was one of my main reason for the switch from my old trusty Gator. I throw my Ghosts/Rocs in your same 290-320 range, plus or minus depending on the day and the wind. For me the Pursuit is a tick shorter, more like 270-300. It's not crazy overstable, but it will hold the line and finish hard with a decent skip. Will not flip up from hyzer release. So going from the Gator I added maybe 20-30 feet of distance, dropped a tick of stability, and got a more comfortable FH release.

Legacy, man. The Waluigi of disc golf brands - exists only as a referential shadow to the big boys.

I'm interested in the pursuit. Anyone have any further feedback on the flight, feel, plastic differences, etc. I currently throw a discraft hornet in esp plastic and I can throw this out to 290-320ft on a straight line with a dependable fade at the end. Although I love this disc it is OOP and hard to find, so I'm playing with the idea of upgrading.

Icon - Flat flight like a justice
Pinnacle - Little more dome - Flight like a used zone but faster
Legend - Domey - Flight like a used Drone

I used these three to replace 2 firebirds, a zone and a drone.

I was talking more to Mr. Innova Is The Devil Because They're A Business inferring that Innova doesn't care about their products like Legacy does. Legacy hasn't molded their own discs from the beginning, and they suffered (much like Lat did before they took everything in house) from serious variation in their molds. I was hoping they'd established themselves enough that they could start molding their own and actually care about their quality instead of kind of being held back by their molder.

Hate to say it, but you're wrong. Legacy does indeed mold their own discs now and have become far more consistent from doing so. Don't know where you got your info from, but it is definitely wrong.

Hate to say it, but you're wrong. Legacy does indeed mold their own discs now and have become far more consistent from doing so. Don't know where you got your info from, but it is definitely wrong.

I was hoping they'd established themselves enough that they could start molding their own and actually care about their quality instead of kind of being held back by their molder.

I wrote my post that way so I wouldn't be spreading potentially incorrect info as fact. I guess you missed that...

Thanks for indirectly answering my question though. Glad someone had more than speculation.

Last edited:
Found that the softer blends of icon plastic are so perfect during this time of year. A touch more rigid than gstar for that in between summer and winter weather.

The tac on the icon is what seperates itself from other grades of plastic. That tac helps with grip when the temps are starting to drop.

I found two icon mongooses, with a touch of pop to them. Perfect amount of tac on them and just enough give to the plastic for these autumn days.

Threw one of my longest 75% percent effort rollers while testing them.

First time trying some legacy glow plastic!

Got two glow 5 year aniv. rivals in the mail from marshall.

Stoked!

First time trying some legacy glow plastic!

Got two glow 5 year aniv. rivals in the mail from marshall.

Stoked!

You will likely find that they are a tad straighter with less of a penetrating fade than Pinnacle or Icon.

If you get a chance, give the Type-R a shot. I've been very happy with the feel and durability, especially for a recycled blend.

yeah, I went to their website to research plastic blends. my experience with legacy has been almost all icon.

saw the r blend but had no idea on where to get it.

Anybody have/throw/feel that Shattered Sparkle plastic?

Not sure if this has been posted before, and I can't be bothered to search this whole thread. I was searching for the profile pics of the putters and decided this might be helpful for others in the same position. Really wish Infinite still took profile pics of all new molds they sell.

Clozer Profile and Clutch Profile

Attachments

• Legacy Clozer Profile.jpg
    Legacy Clozer Profile.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Legacy Clutch Profile.jpg
    Legacy Clutch Profile.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Latest posts