• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

A question for my fellow legacy throwers. I'm in need of a longer Rival. On a few holes around my local area I throw my Rival and it flys the line perfectly but is like 40 short everytime I hit the line. I feel like the enemy would be too over stable, bandit would be too understable and a outlaw would be too much disc. Have y'all ran into this problem? Oh btw Pinnacle Patriot is my favorite disc ever.

This is my Cannon. Pinnacle and it flies very true to the numbers. I've been throwing it powered down for control shots also. It moves fast, so lower tighter shots have been money recently.

Gotta love that Legacy swirly ripples of flowing plastic grippyness:thmbup: I'm gonna bet a hundy she kinda gummy...

Bad ass dye and I love my dogs too but even at 79, Chuck Norris could still kick his butt;)

A question for my fellow legacy throwers. I'm in need of a longer Rival. On a few holes around my local area I throw my Rival and it flys the line perfectly but is like 40 short everytime I hit the line. I feel like the enemy would be too over stable, bandit would be too understable and a outlaw would be too much disc. Have y'all ran into this problem? Oh btw Pinnacle Patriot is my favorite disc ever.

I've got a couple Bandits that fly similar to my seasoned Rival. They're definitely a different speed class, 10. I've also got a less stable Bandit that has a good amount less HSS than any Rival I own. So, maybe.

I've also thrown a buddies slime legend Enemy and it's awesome. It flips over 300' power but finishes with a healthy fade. I really wish he'd trade me something for it. Easy for me to push 400' with it while my best Rival shots are around 350' on golf lines.

Right now I'm covering longer than Teebird/Rival/Eagle lines with a combo of 169 Champ Thunderbird for stable to slightly overstable and 175 Star Orc for less than Outlaw/Rampage. I could drop in a Silver Legend Bandit to handle the well seasond to straight Orc duties no problem for holes 400' or less. Bandit might be the slowest disc I've broken 400' with, like a Valkyrie or maybe a tick faster.

Gotta love that Legacy swirly ripples of flowing plastic grippyness:thmbup: I'm gonna bet a hundy she kinda gummy...

Bad ass dye and I love my dogs too but even at 79, Chuck Norris could still kick his butt;)

She is def. a little gummy, but not too much. I'm looking for someone to dodge bullets(trees) not win a street fight. #chuckNorrisIStheOG

She is def. a little gummy, but not too much. I'm looking for someone to dodge bullets(trees) not win a street fight. #chuckNorrisIStheOG

I fear you've confused John Wick for Neo. Neo is the bullet dodger in the Matrix while your dye is of John Wick a wannabe Chuck Norris:doh::p:):D

*I'll show myself out

I fear you've confused John Wick for Neo. Neo is the bullet dodger in the Matrix while your dye is of John Wick a wannabe Chuck Norris:doh::p:):D

*I'll show myself out

The stencil was actually lifted from a real photo of Keanu Reeves. He just happens to have the longer hair, making the connection to John wick. Pure coincidence.

The stencil was actually lifted from a real photo of Keanu Reeves. He just happens to have the longer hair, making the connection to John wick. Pure coincidence.

I'd bet another hundy that the pic was taken during the release of one of the three John Wick films. He's got to have had that same look since 2014:confused:

Neo was clean shaven with slicked back hair and could dodge bullets and most likely trees... okay I'm done, again

Last edited:
I'd bet another hundy that the pic was taken during the release of one of the three John Wick films. He's got to have had that same look since 2014:confused:

Neo was clean shaven with slicked back hair and could dodge bullets and most likely trees... okay I'm done, again

Maybe 1989 with bill and Ted, but then I'd have a pic of a phone booth on the disc, I guess

Bump. Maybe someone can answer my question from 8/17/18? After that post I cleaned it and put it away, only to have the oil come back. Frustrating...

Remember those first run Pinnacle Clutches that came out recently? The clear ones? Yeah, mines already CE-ified. Shouldn't be so damn finger printy from being stored in a cool dark place inside a ziplock back inside an air tight storage bin. Anyone hear about this on the facebooks or elsewhere?

Attachments

• Pinnacle Clutch.jpg
    Pinnacle Clutch.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 48
Bump. Maybe someone can answer my question from 8/17/18? After that post I cleaned it and put it away, only to have the oil come back. Frustrating...

Speaking as someone with a degree in Chemistry, from what I'm reading about all this, the disc is going to leach that oil (or solvent) even in storage. Maybe cold storage, i.e. refrigeration/freezing, would slow it down or stop it, but it's gonna do what it's gonna do...

Speaking as someone with a degree in Chemistry, from what I'm reading about all this, the disc is going to leach that oil (or solvent) even in storage. Maybe cold storage, i.e. refrigeration/freezing, would slow it down or stop it, but it's gonna do what it's gonna do...

I'm familiar I appreciate the comment though. More meant is this every FR Pinnacle Clutch and why did Legacy not test/notice/recall them or something. The infamous fingerprinty CE took over a decade to get that way...

I'm familiar I appreciate the comment though. More meant is this every FR Pinnacle Clutch and why did Legacy not test/notice/recall them or something. The infamous fingerprinty CE took over a decade to get that way...

I can only guess that it didn't show up immediately, and it's not really a safety issue warranting a safety recall, so they just drove on...

Legacy just seems to have this issue with certain runs. Many 5-year Rampages are looking like this already too. People love the early run "bleeder" clutches, that's more or less the same thing.

Anybody got any experiences to share about the Recluse? Placed in my order with Infinitediscs for a Recluse, Skyline Outlaw and Pinnacle Bandit. Have thrown the other two, Bandit far less than the Outlaw (have six, soon seven different variants of Outlaw :thmbup: ), have the other Legacy mids, now filling the lineup with the Recluse. Of course will find out once it gets here (2-3 weeks from US to Finland has been the norm in the past, even during busy holiday season), but some expectations, especially in comparison to say a beefier Ghost or Pursuit (which is BEEF from personal XP) would be appreciated.

Anybody got any experiences to share about the Recluse? Placed in my order with Infinitediscs for a Recluse, Skyline Outlaw and Pinnacle Bandit. Have thrown the other two, Bandit far less than the Outlaw (have six, soon seven different variants of Outlaw :thmbup: ), have the other Legacy mids, now filling the lineup with the Recluse. Of course will find out once it gets here (2-3 weeks from US to Finland has been the norm in the past, even during busy holiday season), but some expectations, especially in comparison to say a beefier Ghost or Pursuit (which is BEEF from personal XP) would be appreciated.

I felt one at the shop last week. It will be BEEF, it's a gator clone.

Have they changed the name of the upcoming mid-range? It thought it was going to be named the Vandal and found one of such for sale on Ebay. However, doing some research out of the blue, found a Legacy Flight Chart 2019 on their site, which lists the fifth mid as Valor (5-5-0-2 numbers). Their pro shop also sells a Valor (but no Vandal).

I've thrown one recluse a few times. Crazy overstable. I think I would give it a 2 glide at most. Thrown on a big anny it fights out and just keeps turning back over to the ground. At no point did the disc think about flying flat. Very similar to a justice but maybe even more overstable.