• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

Are FR/2R outlaws worth anything these days?

I picked up a 2nd run brand new at a local shop last week for $25. 1st run was tagged $30.

Not sure if that is a steal or not since I have no experience with the disc but it felt nice, was pearly, and I've been meaning to try one for awhile.

I think those prices are probably fair. There were a bunch of SR's posted on Facebook last week for $25 shipped and I think he was cutting deals on multiples. FR's are normally more like $30-35. You can sometimes snag them for less if you are patient, someone dumped a couple FR's earlier today for $15 each.

I assume we are talking Icon here. The lightweight FR and SR pinnacles are probably in the same range as Icon, but the heavies not as much.

Do people still throw Legacy?

I used to know people locally that threw 1 or 2 legacy, don't know anyone that does anymore. Half my bag was legacy few years ago but when so many good discs started flooding the market i ended up switching them out. I'd put a ghost back in my bag if i still had a stack of the protege FR blend though.

i threw and collected legacy for years, have a lot of respect for rico, met him in madison long time ago. bought a LOT of discs and shirts directly through their online shop to support them, etc.

anyway long story short i decided to sell a few collector discs on the legacy collectors facebook page last year and one of the team legacy guys didn't know me and assumed i was "shady", so he knee-jerk banned me from the page the first attempt i made at posting some of my collectors, i even tried to have him call me and talk but he seemed to have different interests in mind.. considering the way that team legacy member treated me i decided to dump the ~90 discs locally for a dollar a disc and haven't "collected" a single disc or thrown legacy since then :)

I used to know people locally that threw 1 or 2 legacy, don't know anyone that does anymore. Half my bag was legacy few years ago but when so many good discs started flooding the market i ended up switching them out. I'd put a ghost back in my bag if i still had a stack of the protege FR blend though.

i threw and collected legacy for years, have a lot of respect for rico, met him in madison long time ago. bought a LOT of discs and shirts directly through their online shop to support them, etc.

anyway long story short i decided to sell a few collector discs on the legacy collectors facebook page last year and one of the team legacy guys didn't know me and assumed i was "shady", so he knee-jerk banned me from the page the first attempt i made at posting some of my collectors, i even tried to have him call me and talk but he seemed to have different interests in mind.. considering the way that team legacy member treated me i decided to dump the ~90 discs locally for a dollar a disc and haven't "collected" a single disc or thrown legacy since then :)

Dang...yeah Legacy was THE hotness for awhile with a crazy collectors market and now...just kind of silent.

Do people still throw Legacy?

My Legacy tourney setup:

-Judges/Daggers/Harp
-QMS/Buzzzs/Icon Pursuit
-Blue Legend Mongoose/Glow Phenom/QJLSs/Legend&Pinnacle Rivals/Teebird/Eagles/Thunderbird/Firebirds
-Orcs/Pinnacle Rampages/Icon, Legend, and Pinnacle Outlaws/Defenders/Ricky Destroyer/D1/Nuke/Air Ballista Pro/etc.
(I like go farr discs and don't discriminate so I test a lot :eek:)

In the winter, I'll swap out my CE QMS and CE QJs for a silver legend Gauge and one or two Patriots respectively.

I still throw Outlaws as my main distance drivers. And Ghosts as my main midranges.

Rivals and Patriots are on the bench right now but they come in from time to time, especially Patriots. But I haven't gotten excited about any of the newer releases.

I assume we are talking Icon here. The lightweight FR and SR pinnacles are probably in the same range as Icon, but the heavies not as much.

All of the outlaws I have are pinnacle. The FRs are 174ish, but I've got some lighter 2Rs (168 range)

Probably not going to sell them anytime soon, just reading the thread reminded me that I still have them in a storage box. I always liked the outlaw, but when the 3rd runs came out and were way flatter and more overstable than the first 2 runs, I was disappointed. I don't think I'll throw them again though, because the hurricane is easy enough to acquire and flies pretty much perfectly for my arm speed.

Still have a handful of Ghosts too, even my pokemon RDG stamp Ghost. Now, that's a disc I could see myself throwing again some day.

In my area, there's a few hardcore Legacy throwers. I think they just kind of fall off the map trying to make hard to acquire plastic while going too long between runs of their best discs (Outlaws and protege Ghosts immediately come to mind). I think overall they will end up a bit more regional, similar to Prodigy/DGA/Gateway - and that's not necessarily a bad place to be.

Last edited:
All of the outlaws I have are pinnacle. The FRs are 174ish, but I've got some lighter 2Rs (168 range)

Probably not going to sell them anytime soon, just reading the thread reminded me that I still have them in a storage box. I always liked the outlaw, but when the 3rd runs came out and were way flatter and more overstable than the first 2 runs, I was disappointed. I don't think I'll throw them again though, because the hurricane is easy enough to acquire and flies pretty much perfectly for my arm speed.

Still have a handful of Ghosts too, even my pokemon RDG stamp Ghost. Now, that's a disc I could see myself throwing again some day.

In my area, there's a few hardcore Legacy throwers. I think they just kind of fall off the map trying to make hard to acquire plastic while going too long between runs of their best discs (Outlaws and protege Ghosts immediately come to mind). I think overall they will end up a bit more regional, similar to Prodigy/DGA/Gateway - and that's not necessarily a bad place to be.

Ah OK, Pinnacle is a little different story. All three of those are probably worth $20ish, maybe $25. I try to scoop up the lightweight lavender and yellow FR/SR pinnacles when they come around, and I've never paid more than $20.

I always liked the outlaw, but when the 3rd runs came out and were way flatter and more overstable than the first 2 runs, I was disappointed. I don't think I'll throw them again though, because the hurricane is easy enough to acquire and flies pretty much perfectly for my arm speed.

Wait, by 3rd run do you mean production run, with flight numbers in the stamp? Those Pinnacles? If so, I dread to think how OS they are as my FR Pinnacle Outlaw I would say is the most OS of the high speed stuff I have (Enemy and Fighter top it, but can't get nearly as much distance), more OS than a Rampage or even Legend Outlaw (as well as the odd really OS Cannon I have).

For Icons, my experience has been FR most OS, Production Run next but nowhere near FR stability and SR being very flippy (very much pop-top/heartbeat is the one I have).

As for throwing Legacy, I'm in my second or third year of bagging only their discs. Ironic as getting hold of their discs isn't the easiest here, but then again, don't need to replace their stuff either, buying only premium plastic, it holds. Was just commenting to my friend that an Icon Rival I've had in the bag for four years still flies true, hell, can't even feel any nicks in the rim. And it's hit its share of trees and such :doh: .

Still happily throwing Outlaws, Rivals, and Ghosts since day 1.

I've tried all their molds, and some have been in and out of the bag, but those 3 aren't leaving anytime soon

Wait, by 3rd run do you mean production run, with flight numbers in the stamp? Those Pinnacles? If so, I dread to think how OS they are as my FR Pinnacle Outlaw I would say is the most OS of the high speed stuff I have (Enemy and Fighter top it, but can't get nearly as much distance), more OS than a Rampage or even Legend Outlaw (as well as the odd really OS Cannon I have).

My experience has been that regardless of run, the heavy and flattish pinnacle Outlaws are always very overstable with basically no glide. Just bricks. Pretty much every Legend Outlaw has been the same for me.

Anyone throw any of the Compa blend putters? I see they are releasing a batch tonight but the internets seem to be light on details. Is it like firm grippy gravity plastic? That seems to be more or less what I can figure out, but it's not clear.

I have been killing it lately with a glow Clozer, yesterday at league I just fully switched to putting with the Clozer instead of my old trusty Wizards. It feels really weird to putt with something different, but I've got to play the hot hand. Compa Clozers release later today.

Finally got around to playing a couple of rounds, had been like six weeks since last disc hucking session. Was mostly wanting to see how the Icon Valor would fly, along the Pinnacle Clutch as a putter.

Description on the Valor online indicates that it slots between Gauge and Ghost, that seems to fit with my experience tossing it a couple of rounds. Felt like I could trust it a bit more than a Gauge and that it would have a reliable fade back, even maybe giving a bit more glide easier than my Ghosts, which all have more fade. Left the course with very nice vibes about the Valor, aided by a throw-in birdie through some woods and a drop-in par after a Valor upshot on a normally tough to par (for me) par-4. Gave it one forehand toss, came out quite fluttery, but held its line and faded back solid. Still going to stick with Ghosts, Pursuit and Recluse as the mids I forehand though, their rims just feel better in my hand for FH.

I would love if they came out with a longer Phenom or something Wraith like.

They have dropped a bunch of videos lately with Drew Gibson promoting their new mold, the Phantom Warrior. Supposedly a "longer Rival."

They have dropped a bunch of videos lately with Drew Gibson promoting their new mold, the Phantom Warrior. Supposedly a "longer Rival."

I remember Drew being a big Roc guy, and he has a pretty good arm (almost like mine ;)).
It would be great to see him take an interest in Protege Ghosts to perhaps speed along another production run of these. :)