• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

I would love if they came out with a longer Phenom or something Wraith like.

Never thrown a Phenom (held one though).

Isn't the Outlaw supposed to be a longer Wraith? Inb4 Destroyer comments...isn't a Destroyer supposed to be a longer Wraith? Not trying to be funny, honestly curious.

Any word on the new prototype "Vengeance" driver? Feel, flight, etc.

Updated info from FB: the Drew Gibson signature "Phantom Warrior" is just a new special plastic blend for the Rival. So the "Phantom Warrior" is literally just a Rival with a new name. The Vengeance is the new "Longer Rival" mold, people got glow prototypes with the Legacy Xmas mystery boxes. I've only seen one flight video and it didn't look particularly overstable. I was surprised to see it drift quite a bit to the right before hooking up.

I saw that video of the vengeance. Was surprised to see it be so understable. Looked almost like a beat in Valkyrie flight. Wonder what the rim size is?

I saw that video of the vengeance. Was surprised to see it be so understable. Looked almost like a beat in Valkyrie flight. Wonder what the rim size is?

Max Weight: 176.0gr
Diameter: 21.2cm
Height: 1.7cm
Rim Depth: 1.2cm
Rim Thickness: 2.0cm

So basically has an Orc sized rim. Wonder how the glow prototypes have been flying for people?
Infinite discs has a preliminary rating of:
9 speed
5 glide
0 turn
1 fade

Got out finally this winter and threw the phantom warrior for most of my drives.

Haven't played much this winter and it was around 30F, but it flew like a stable rival. Nothing different about it at all really.

How's the plastic feel? Gummy? Stiff? Which of the regular Legacy plastics would be the closest comparison (if you have exp with other Legacy plastics)?

How's the plastic feel? Gummy? Stiff? Which of the regular Legacy plastics would be the closest comparison (if you have exp with other Legacy plastics)?

When feeling the plastic indoors (I threw it when it was below freezing), it has the flex of a not super stuff legend disc.

The plastic is simply metal flake pinn from what I can tell; just light on the metal flakes.

EDIT: I mean new pinn, not the opaque swirly pinn

I started throwing Outlaws again and I've got a few really beautiful straight fliers that will flip up to flat and ride for a while. I'm looking for something a little more OS without being a meat hook. What run/plastic/color should I be looking for? Throwing 400-430' for reference.

I started throwing Outlaws again and I've got a few really beautiful straight fliers that will flip up to flat and ride for a while. I'm looking for something a little more OS without being a meat hook. What run/plastic/color should I be looking for? Throwing 400-430' for reference.

Golf lines or maxD flex/hyzerflip lines? Elevation? Plastic/weight/dome/run of the Outlaws you already own?

Golf lines or maxD flex/hyzerflip lines? Elevation? Plastic/weight/dome/run of the Outlaws you already own?

I have a few current run icon Outlaws (purple and yellow) that are relatively flat. I'm in Michigan, so low elevation. I'll push that 430' mark on flat holes with my current Outlaws on a flip-up-to-flat line. In the field, I'll get up to 450' on a big flex line.

Finally got around to giving the Vengeance a proper go, throwing it most of the second round to test it out, at a course I'm very familiar with, so I know what to expect from my other discs in similar situations. Came to the conclusion, not really for throwing off tees. If I throw the same power and line on an Outlaw and a Vengeance (as close as a non-machine can :p ), I get more distance from the Outlaw and it also doesn't start fading as quickly. Could be just this particular disc, it's pretty darn flat. I'm thinking, for me, it'll mostly be for those headwinds shots where I feel I can't trust a Rival to not flip too much. In fact, I think I'll probably get more D with a Rival than the Vengeance in most situations, it just fits into a weird slot in my bag. Since I don't really throw forced flex with FH (prefer flat or hyzerflip release), Vengeance isn't really giving me the distance I was hoping it would, to cover the slot between Rival and Outlaw in most situations.

I am a Legacy lunatic and decided to order a new "Prototype Middrange" from their pro shop. Got it today and of course it rained all morning so it's too wet to throw. Perhaps someone can make some comparisons based on images, or have thrown one?
HLxIB3L.jpg

txTk0FZ.jpg

pU33GR5.jpg

"Prototype Middrange"

So, I guess it's the extra "d" makes the disc $15 more.

They've passed the $30 price point twice now with recent releases.

Finally got a chance to throw the Legacy prototype and holy fudge that thing was an OS brick. More OS than my flat pinnacle Recluse without much glide. Couldn't even get 250 out of it backhand. I will say the one thing it has going for it is it's super comfortable in the hand.