• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

tumblr_msfh710AV31s30ko5o1_500.gif

The Enemy will be a little faster speed 9ish, but beefy like a banshee/firebird type of disc would be from what i hear. i would love to see a speed 7 beefy also, but that might be further down the road.

The Enemy will be a little faster speed 9ish, but beefy like a banshee/firebird type of disc would be from what i hear. i would love to see a speed 7 beefy also, but that might be further down the road.

I can handle a speed 9 beefy disc. But just because it's somewhat overstable does that mean that it can handle a headwind like the Banshee or Firebird?

You can ask a great deal of these questions on the facebook group pages if you're a part of them. in4d is not a legacy employee or anything of that nature. His 'inside' information is hardly fact.

Just hate to have you get hyped for discs that he doesn't really know are coming or not.

I have NO "inside" information, i just talk to a few of the team legacy guys a lot. I know for sure the team are asking for a firebird replacement and the Enemy is what they've been told will be able to replace it.

I'm sure they're planning a more OS speed 7 in the future though, just makes sense.. although i have not heard about anything like that.

I use Pats for straight shots without too much wind up to about 325'.

I use Bandits for hyzer flips and longer tailwind shots.

I've only thrown an Icon, but I was using it in the mega-understable driver role right off the shelf. I'm no power player by any means, but I'm able to throw 300' turnovers and anhyzers that hold to the ground with ease.

Mongoose is meant to be a roller, it turns to a roll quickly and holds straight forever (if you lay it down properly). I find it useful for hitting tight gaps through the woods where i don't have much room to the right/left to lay down a roller, you don't need much room to work with to get them down.

yeah i LOVE Mongooses .. i use them for rollers, gigantic hyzerflips, trick type shots.. you name it .. i throw light weight Icons though so not too sure how the heavier Legend will differ but i think you will ike them

I haven't been able to throw lately with work and all the snow, but I picked up a few Legacy discs and I really like the feel of the plastic. Looking forward to giving these a toss ASAP. Picked up Patriots and Rivals in Pinnacle and Icon, and an Icon Mongoose.

The Pinnacle Rival feels like the long lost twin of my gummy flat 11X Champ Teebird. And the Icon Mongoose feels like a nicer Star Roadrunner. I wish the Patriots were flatter, I was hoping they would be a good replacement for my CE Leopards but they are pretty domey. The plastic feels great though.

I've thrown Tbirds and Rivals and to be honest I like the Rival better. The Rival just feels better in my hand and I like the flights I can get out of them. I currently bag a 173g FR Pinnacle Rival, and a 169g gummy Pinnacle Rival and a 173g Legend Rival. I have a Legend Patriot at 175g. A Blue SR 168g Outlaw. A 175g Purple Legend Clutch. A 175g Protege Lemon Drop Clutch and a 173g Protege Grinder Clutch. An Icon 179g Ghost and a 179g Protege Prototype Ghost. Add the two 173g Legend Mongoose that I'm getting from Ian. And don't forget the 180g Icon Gauge and 177g Pinnacle Gauge. Basically, Legacy is taking over my entire bag.

The only things I don't have from Legacy is a super OS putter (Z Zone currently in bag); something that will replace my Banshees, something that will replace my 4x JK Valk; and something to replace my Champ Stingrays. Besides those, Legacy has taken over.

Last edited:

Latest posts