• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

Ummm, this is going to be a thing?

No idea on the protege, but i hope so.

I got to throw the prototypes at the Mad City this weekend and the faf first proto is super beef, the second proto has much more dome and glide for days yet still beefy, i think the next proto they will try to bring the dome back down and try to find a happy medium but i was happy with the flight of both and would put either in my bag and find it useful. The mold itself is done they said but they are still trying to get the mixture of plastic, temperature and all the variables right so that when it comes out of the mold it takes the right shape and flys as intended. Rico said he expects probably a couple more prototypes before he will okay the disc. He mentioned "11x Firebird" as the type of flight he was looking to replace.

It was great to meet all the Team Legacy people who came out to the Mad City they are easily the best group of people on the tour that i have met, very humble and all around great people. They gave a spectacular clinic the night before and showed that they were there for more than just to win. Happy to be supporting those guys. :thmbup:

I hope they run some hunters in the new, more durable protégé plastic soon. All my hunters are taking a beating too quickly from my practice basket.

can way so protege prowlers!! cant wait to check these out.. sadly i have yet to get my hands on a Nemesis but its on my list but been focusing on throwing my slow stuff so it got pushed back a bit.. i LOVE my Protege Clozers but i am very curious about the Prowler.. beaded legacy anything has my attention lol

can way so protege prowlers!! cant wait to check these out.. sadly i have yet to get my hands on a Nemesis but its on my list but been focusing on throwing my slow stuff so it got pushed back a bit.. i LOVE my Protege Clozers but i am very curious about the Prowler.. beaded legacy anything has my attention lol

I asked what was up with the flippy Nemesis to the Legacy guys and they said it was designed to be for the AMs and women.. hence why they released it around AM worlds. So its not meant for those of us with big arms and meant to extend distance for the noodles :thmbup: makes sense i guess.

^ It would have been helpful if they publicly explained that ahead of time.

Dmoney mentioned they have a plan for a slower wraith-like disc sometime in the future because Rico still needs to replace that after they get the Enemy out. I thought the Outlaw was what Rico said was replacing his wraiths a while back in a video but apparently that wasn't the case.

Oh and that prototype white protege ghost that Rico threw into the brick wall, that's still in his bag and flys like a champ. :D

I asked what was up with the flippy Nemesis to the Legacy guys and they said it was designed to be for the AMs and women.. hence why they released it around AM worlds. So its not meant for those of us with big arms and meant to extend distance for the noodles :thmbup: makes sense i guess.

Such a kick ass name for a disc tho. They should have gave it more balls!

Give the disc an open route and enough room to work and it can fly. Probably would work well for AMs and women. Rollers, sky annys, low ceiling, hyzer flip turnovers, tailwind.

It's fun to throw. Now where's the OS'ness?!

Found a 175 white pinnacle rival today that's gummy like the fabled ivory pin. patriots! Haven't thrown it yet, but I'm pretty excited!

Dmoney mentioned they have a plan for a slower wraith-like disc sometime in the future because Rico still needs to replace that after they get the Enemy out. I thought the Outlaw was what Rico said was replacing his wraiths a while back in a video but apparently that wasn't the case.

Oh and that prototype white protege ghost that Rico threw into the brick wall, that's still in his bag and flys like a champ. :D

sweet! I was hoping the Nemsis would be the mold that i could pair with my Bandits .. ie PD/Thunderbird type mold and well i just assumed way too much on that one lol .. have heard good things from those that have been throwing it but my bandits/mongoose have that role covered.. so very excited to hear news about the Wraith type mold.. i enjoy the Outlaw but the rim is still a bit much for me.. i dig it but could def more a bit more comfortable so something that stability range but slower would be the tits! but boy oh boy does that Enemy look fun lol .. got to love stupid overstable :hfive:

I like the Glow Nemesis for hyzer flips/tunnel shots and a silver sparkle for rollers. Knocked the Bandits and Mongoose out. I know they're faster than a Bandit, but they power down nicely.

Phenom has been getting a lot of throws off the box for me lately. I much prefer it to the Patriot.

Also, did everyone catch the release last night? Aqua Pinnacle Outlaws, circle team stamped Glow Rivals, Legend Prowlers, and Pinnacle Nemesis. I'll have some 'splaining to do to the wife when I get home tonight.

Also, did everyone catch the release last night? Aqua Pinnacle Outlaws, circle team stamped Glow Rivals, Legend Prowlers, and Pinnacle Nemesis. I'll have some 'splaining to do to the wife when I get home tonight.

I missed out BIG TIME.. i was so excited for those aqua pinnacle Outlaws you have no idea, they are beefy ones too. :(

I already have like 20 Outlaws though.. i dont really need anymore lol

I got one of the Aqua PinnLaw, Prowler and Glow Rival. I managed to be one of the 12 people to get the Prowler with the free mini.

Looking forward to the Prowler and Pinnlaw.

Really hopping to get one of the Proto disc's that they are going to throw into 5 orders.

Hey guys, I'm thinking of bagging legacy and was wondering what would a good set up be? I know they don't have a ton of molds but what would a good solid set up be?

Thanks!

Closer - VP
Clutch? (never used a Prowler) - Ridge
Gauge (slightly more understable) - Ibex
Rival - Ascent
Cannon/Rampage variety (different plastics=different stabilities) - Lace family

I would suggest mostly Cannons and trying to track down an overstable run of Rampages for the O-Lace. I've never thrown an O-Lace so I'm not sure how truly overstable they are (haven't read its thread either) but that should work.

Hey guys, I'm thinking of bagging legacy and was wondering what would a good set up be? I know they don't have a ton of molds but what would a good solid set up be?

Thanks!

For sure a Protege Prowler, based on the profile of a ridge you would like it.

I think an Icon Outlaw for distance driver, a Rival for a teebird-ish straight to overstable fairway and a Patriot for straight to understable fairway, gauge for anny midrange shots, Protege Ghost for overstable midrange.

pretty much all you need ^^ you could even drop the gauge once you beat in a ghost.

maybe a bandit if you like flippy control driver shots

I cannot recommend the cannon ro rampage as i have seen too much inconsistency with them.

Last edited:
For sure a Protege Prowler, based on the profile of a ridge you would like it.

I think an Icon Outlaw for distance driver, a Rival for a teebird-ish straight to overstable fairway and a Patriot for straight to understable fairway, gauge for anny midrange shots, Protege Ghost for overstable midrange.

pretty much all you need ^^ you could even drop the gauge once you beat in a ghost.

maybe a bandit if you like flippy control driver shots

I cannot recommend the cannon ro rampage as i have seen too much inconsistency with them.

I'd add in the Mongoose. Great roller, hyzerflip turnover, sky anny and uphill disc. If I need to throw a long straight shot up a pretty steep incline, the Mongoose always comes out of the bag.

Closer - VP
Clutch? (never used a Prowler) - Sole
Gauge (slightly more understable) - Ibex
Rival - Ascent
Cannon/Rampage variety (different plastics=different stabilities) - Lace family

I would suggest mostly Cannons and trying to track down an overstable run of Rampages for the O-Lace. I've never thrown an O-Lace so I'm not sure how truly overstable they are (haven't read its thread either) but that should work.

Fixed that for you ;)

Clutch, Magnet, Sole and Swan share similar profiles.

^I was a Magnet guy then made the jump, never used any Vibram putters aside from the Summit and VP. The Sole sounds interesting now!

In which case I would change my answer to: premium Clozer - VP, base Clozer - Ridge.