• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] For the love of LEGACY

I've got a blank red 174 icon clutch. I don't remember where I got it but it might have been from lion.

Did some field work twice this week and I've decided, no more Outlaws for me. I really didn't want to ditch them because I like the plastic so much, but I'm really more consistent with Destroyers. My absolute longest throws are still with Outlaws, but 9 times out of 10 they are about the same distance with a wider spread.

Might try a Rampage as a wide-open max distance driver.

Anyone on here thrown the Enemy yet??

Technically, no one's thrown an Enemy yet. The vids you've seen say it all. The mold came out WAY more overstable than they had in mind, so they're going to retool it.

Does Legacy ever put out blank discs?

I have a dye I want to do on an Icon Rival and would like to start it on a blank canvas. I emailed them 2 weeks ago about a blank and have not had a response...:confused:

I have a white one with a black stamp ( the stamp does take up a majority of the disc space ) and I am almost afraid to wipe it because I am worried it will smear or leave a black mess on my disc...:(

yeah they are out there. I got a set of three blank white icon patriots from Lion. If in search of blanks i would def hit up Lion, he is the man!

Technically, no one's thrown an Enemy yet. The vids you've seen say it all. The mold came out WAY more overstable than they had in mind, so they're going to retool it.

What a shame. They could release the Enemy as it is and then create the tweaked mold to be what they want. I would love something that beefy. I wouldn't throw it often, but when I need it, I would love to have it.

What a shame. They could release the Enemy as it is and then create the tweaked mold to be what they want. I would love something that beefy. I wouldn't throw it often, but when I need it, I would love to have it.

Couldn't agree more, had some crazy winds a few times. One time on a downhill into a heavy headwind...threw a firebird flat and low and the thing just flipped over into the ground maybe 150 ft off the tee. Such a heavy wind it exaggerated the speed I was throwing that much.

Pretty crazy that a Firebird flipped that much on you. I actually started bagging the 750 H1 because it was a beefier FAFbird. Sounds like even it would've flipped on you though.

Pretty crazy that a Firebird flipped that much on you. I actually started bagging the 750 H1 because it was a beefier FAFbird. Sounds like even it would've flipped on you though.

Right? It was 30+ mph sustained winds that day...and a tourney...sucked actually because there's not much OS stuff that can hold in that. Not to mention gusts that gave some crazy up and down action. I threw flat so I wouldn't give the flight plate any extra surface area to get taken. The worst decision I made was the shot after that, never again...tried to thumb it. Dumb, disc seriously went forward about 50ft and then blew almost back to the tee 100ft behind me. Those types of winds aren't common, but happen seemingly 5 rounds a year...now I don't have confidence in any disc in those winds because of the firebird incident.

Dynamic Discs Justice, just sayin :eek:

Maybe something like that or maybe a World/Misselin...something I have more trouble getting up to speed and has a ton of HSS and fade...wind would compensate for my inability with the power/speed? Also with those winds, the more blunt of an edge the more drag...less distance. So hence my high speed driver commentary...more distance into crazy headwinds.

Justice.
Maybe something like that or maybe a World/Misselin...something I have more trouble getting up to speed and has a ton of HSS and fade...wind would compensate for my inability with the power/speed? Also with those winds, the more blunt of an edge the more drag...less distance. So hence my high speed driver commentary...more distance into crazy headwinds.

o. I'm just saying, that the justice flys almost exactly like the demoed enemy in that video.

Or like third said those H1 look nasty overstable too.

I want the Enemy tooled the way that Steve Rico wants it tooled. When he takes those 11x firebirds out of his bag that's when the Enemy will be good enough. I really appreciate the Ricos and Legacy for taking the time to get molds right and sticking to the plan of being a great DG company, as oppose to sticking to a deadline and releasing a mold prematurely. THANKS LEGACY.

As much as I love the Legacy molds I carry, I don't think they should take all that time to retool. With their consistency being all over the map (often color to color, not even run to run), what's the point? Chances are good that one run will come out flying well enough to cover what they wanted.

As much as I love the Legacy molds I carry, I don't think they should take all that time to retool. With their consistency being all over the map (often color to color, not even run to run), what's the point? Chances are good that one run will come out flying well enough to cover what they wanted.

I'd rather the starting point have more glide and slightly less beef, get variation from there, the video shows the first tooling fly pretty much like a 0 turn 5 fade 1 glide brick. :gross:

I enjoy the variation in the same mold i get from Legacy .. counting out the second run of Outlaws which just fly like my beat in first run, i have had great luck getting replacements that are near identical to my FR's i found blue production to be same plh as my FR blues with just a touch more glide, couldnt ask for more than that :)

^ Good point, i could use a replacement thumber and tomohawk disc as my faf beef firebird isnt quite as beef as it used to be. The enemy will be a great disc no matter what as long as its true beef, you can always beat them into submission. :p

Maybe but youre right as well. They could make the mold a little more like a regular firebird and have a FAF molded version as well. I just remember having a ti force that I flattened completely in the oven (it worked, somehow) and I could throw a thumber with it that flew like a sidearm flex shot.

Are any colors of protege stiffer than any other? I've been putting with excel clutches since they came out. I recently picked up a white protege clutch that is not as stiff as I would like. My excel clutches are good KC pro stiff and kind of slick. They are great for me in the spring summer and fall but not as good when it gets cold.