• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

Has anyone thrown the new run of Pro Teebirds? got some on the way, but I am anxious about how they fly.

Sadly yes, from what I understand this is only the second time they have been run in Pro

I asked about Pro Teebirds either here in on Reddit. Nobody said anything positive about them.

I'm still debating picking one up.

Sadly yes, from what I understand this is only the second time they have been run in Pro

Third more than likely. 04' was first, apparently a couple years ago they were ran an sold through the Innova Pro Shop? I doubt Innova took them off the site, wasted storage space and money [spent on "useless" discs], and hoped somehow they'd become cool again. From the "New Innova Stuff" thread:

You could buy them on the pro shop a couple years ago for 9.99.

Interested in seeing if the new listings are actually a new run. I can't imagine why they would have done that but who knows.

=====

I asked about Pro Teebirds either here in on Reddit. Nobody said anything positive about them.

I may have responded to you about the older 04' ones. Maybe Marmoset. Either way that run of them absolutely blew. Anyone remember the R-Pro Boss feedback? Yeah, that but even worse. Maybe this new run is somehow amazing? Meh..

I almost ordered some of these "new" pros as for some info from a friend literally 2seconds before I hit the button..... Feel like I was saved in that one. Buddy said he's got a few from a couple years ago and I was free to try them out. TBC.

Got my first ever Teebird today. It's a Champ Metal Flake at 168 grams.

It was definitely more stable than I expected at first, which is nice because I prefer a new disc to start with more stability as I get to know it.
Definitely a nice clean strait flight for about 300 feet and it starts to hyzer out left. Looking forward to breaking this in a bit and sailing some true throws and hopefully taming the fade a little bit. Feels good in the hand, with a bit more flex on the top than I anticipated (not in a bad way at all).

In the middle in the pic attached.

Attachments

• IMG_20181119_151931.jpg
    IMG_20181119_151931.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 41
Yeah there was a run stamped "first run pro" tee bird at the end of the CE era. I think that's a big reason for all the hate...at the time there was "kc pro" champ plastic, "kc pro" base plastic, "candy pro", "pro line", "jk pro" champ, and "jk pro" base. It's been years since I've held one but it was just a bad blend similar to regular driver pro plastic. At the time all the current plastic was awesome, so pretty much anything was going to be a let down.

I didn't think the factory store batch of pro teebirds was too bad, kinda domey but the plastic was ok. No clue if these are old stock from that initial factory store run or a new run.

If it's a new run I could get down, I've been digging this real grippy and soft pro plastic that's been out lately. I've got a couple destroyers, a leopard, and a thundy that are all money.

Someone on another thread said the ones they got were tooled "Teebird" on the bottom, so they are a new run.........unless some shenanigans are being pulled

There's only one way to truly know: try one. If it doesn't work out, then you can sell it or pay it forward. :thmbup:

Someone on another thread said the ones they got were tooled "Teebird" on the bottom, so they are a new run.........unless some shenanigans are being pulled

If they are embossed, I'd think they were new. The old stock probably would have been penned before the put them on the shelf?

If they are embossed, I'd think they were new. The old stock probably would have been penned before the put them on the shelf?

That was probably me that said they were embossed. I also think they are a new run, for the reason you mention. These embossed runs have the pen marking 'PRO' for the plastic type. I don't know how the earlier runs were penned, but I would think it would be 'PTB' to signify plastic and mold, like they do did for other pre-embossed Discs. Unless they don't mark them when they're molded, but that sounds like a good way to mess things up.

Yeah there was a run stamped "first run pro" tee bird at the end of the CE era. I think that's a big reason for all the hate...at the time there was "kc pro" champ plastic, "kc pro" base plastic, "candy pro", "pro line", "jk pro" champ, and "jk pro" base. It's been years since I've held one but it was just a bad blend similar to regular driver pro plastic. At the time all the current plastic was awesome, so pretty much anything was going to be a let down.

I didn't think the factory store batch of pro teebirds was too bad, kinda domey but the plastic was ok. No clue if these are old stock from that initial factory store run or a new run.

If it's a new run I could get down, I've been digging this real grippy and soft pro plastic that's been out lately. I've got a couple destroyers, a leopard, and a thundy that are all money.

Don't forget the Special Edition" TeeBirds, around here they were mostly popular just before the CE Era,

Weren't the SE TBs all TLs? Mine are.

No idea, have a bin full :thmbdown: of TeeBirds, but I was one of the few that never clicked with them.

Banshees and Gazelles/Cheetahs (bins full :thmbup: of these as well) were more my style way back then.

No idea, have a bin full :thmbdown: of TeeBirds, but I was one of the few that never clicked with them.

Banshees and Gazelles/Cheetahs (bins full :thmbup: of these as well) were more my style way back then.

Please, tell me more of the Cheetahs. 11x?? Any Dyes??

Please, tell me more of the Cheetahs. 11x?? Any Dyes??

Lots of DX and the very earliest KC Cheetahs, thinking more along the lines of ?9x?? or probably 10x era. All pre champion.