• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

Echo teen question: which ones are older: totem pole stamp och postage stamp-stamp?

ive been out of the tb loop

does avery jankins stamp mean more os or is it just another stock stamp star tb

ive been out of the tb loop

does avery jankins stamp mean more os or is it just another stock stamp star tb

It has been about a year since I purchased an Avery Jenkins Star Teebird, but the ones I have thrown have been pretty overstable. There can be some variation in them, of course.

Remember when people were talking about how the Brinster Champion Teebirds were overstable? It is my experience that the latest run of max weight Star Teebirds are in that category also.

If I wanted one that will be workable on straighter lines, I would immediately go for lower 160's weights rather than heavier. From what I have read, other people seem to also agree with getting them lighter.

My best Star Teebird right now is one that I scaled at 176 gm, but it took a couple of years to really straighten out. It's a really good disc now.

I predict that the pros will eventually be bagging max weight Teebirds, and gushing about how great they are. But, that will be after the discs have been well worn in by some person who generously gave it up for the pro to enjoy.

It has been about a year since I purchased an Avery Jenkins Star Teebird, but the ones I have thrown have been pretty overstable. There can be some variation in them, of course.

Remember when people were talking about how the Brinster Champion Teebirds were overstable? It is my experience that the latest run of max weight Star Teebirds are in that category also.

If I wanted one that will be workable on straighter lines, I would immediately go for lower 160's weights rather than heavier. From what I have read, other people seem to also agree with getting them lighter.

My best Star Teebird right now is one that I scaled at 176 gm, but it took a couple of years to really straighten out. It's a really good disc now.

I predict that the pros will eventually be bagging max weight Teebirds, and gushing about how great they are. But, that will be after the discs have been well worn in by some person who generously gave it up for the pro to enjoy.

those brinster tb were awesome

im not a tb thrower these days but my friend just got one and it seemed noticeably moar os than others

is the avery jankins the new stock stamp like the destroyers were for a bit or was this a special run

what is the current official star stock stamp

I purchased two max weight stock avery's a few months ago. NOT over stable. I was expecting them to start out like my previous meat hooks that took some abusive seasoning for just a bit to get a good flight. These have a bit of turn, or can be thrown with a slight amount of hyzer and flip up right off the shelf. Still decent forward fade.

I've since picked up a couple of shimmer star with some tournament stamps that are nice, fairly flat and overstable without being too much.

I carry both right now.

those brinster tb were awesome

im not a tb thrower these days but my friend just got one and it seemed noticeably moar os than others

is the avery jankins the new stock stamp like the destroyers were for a bit or was this a special run

what is the current official star stock stamp

AJ is the stock stamp

Is there still a split between the CAL tooled teebs and whatever the other option is/was? I remember reading something about the reputation of the two different toolings that were being produced simultaneously.

I historically have thrown a lot of star teebs in around 168g, super workable. Lately I've been throwing a max wt GStar as a bit of a stopgap between a thunderbird and an FD until I get into the new FD2s. Seems pretty chubby, slight dome, big glide, slow flight for a teebird, but a perfect bookend for FDs. 6.5/5/0/1.5

The CAL/CA tooling only applies to 11X Champ TeeBirds. Not sure Star was around when the transition to CA was made. If you see a new TB with CAL tooling, chances are it's a TB+.

I purchased two max weight stock avery's a few months ago. NOT over stable. I was expecting them to start out like my previous meat hooks that took some abusive seasoning for just a bit to get a good flight. These have a bit of turn, or can be thrown with a slight amount of hyzer and flip up right off the shelf. Still decent forward fade.

I've since picked up a couple of shimmer star with some tournament stamps that are nice, fairly flat and overstable without being too much.

I carry both right now.

i would be furious so the new tb you got were like eagles

i would be furious so the new tb you got were like eagles

I was super pissed at first but it fits a good role. A bit of overlap with the Exodus/Eagle-L but more wind resistant, so i'm less upset now, especially since i've found a few good OS luster/shimmer ones.

VERY slight turn, but noticeable compared to what I was expecting from every other new star TB. Fade is good but not anything close to Eagle-X territory. Overall it is like a well seasoned TB.

I carry both right now.

ummm where did you get the flippy ones. All the teebirds ive picked up over the last 3-4 years have been pure beef. Every plastic other than Gstar

There is an all out war happening in the middle of my bag right now. I have about 30 fairway drivers spread out on my floor that are competing for a total of 3 slots in the tournament bag.

The first fairway driver I ever bought was an old Champion Teebird, it was nice but at the time I couldn't control that level of high speed stability, everything just hyzered. So I switched to PDs and everything was great, that was until I discovered the Eagle.
That's when the problem started. I bought a few Eagles, and they were even better for my anhyzers. A couple of them ended up being EagleLs, so a new mold to further complicate the situation. Soon came 2nd run FDs, then a new run of Echo Star Teebirds, then Teebird3s, then more EagleLs and so on. The latest are the new FD2s.
I just can't anymore. Make the madness stop.

Those new pearly Champion Teebirds are nice..... maybe ignore my old ones and switch to them... :eek::(:wall:

ummm where did you get the flippy ones. All the teebirds ive picked up over the last 3-4 years have been pure beef. Every plastic other than Gstar

I had to look up exactly. Was December, ordered from Infinite.
Both are embossed so newer run. They are exactly alike. I was on a tear looking for penned replacements for a while, once I figured out when to throw these i calmed down. I wouldn't call them flippy, but I also would not call them OS. They can be flipped up to straight from a very slight hyzer.

Along those lines I picked up a couple Pro-TBs from the factory store a while ago as well. Not OS either, slightly less stable than these Stars, with tons of Pro type glide and very little fade. Gstar is just a bit soft for me but these fly similar to the one Ive tried.

There is an all out war happening in the middle of my bag right now. I have about 30 fairway drivers spread out on my floor that are competing for a total of 3 slots in the tournament bag.

The first fairway driver I ever bought was an old Champion Teebird, it was nice but at the time I couldn't control that level of high speed stability, everything just hyzered. So I switched to PDs and everything was great, that was until I discovered the Eagle.
That's when the problem started. I bought a few Eagles, and they were even better for my anhyzers. A couple of them ended up being EagleLs, so a new mold to further complicate the situation. Soon came 2nd run FDs, then a new run of Echo Star Teebirds, then Teebird3s, then more EagleLs and so on. The latest are the new FD2s.
I just can't anymore. Make the madness stop.

Those new pearly Champion Teebirds are nice..... maybe ignore my old ones and switch to them... :eek::(:wall:

Have you tried adding in a Banshee for when you really need to get a bit more fade or skip than you will get with an Eagle or Teebird?