• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

Has anybody purchased this year's Nybo Splatter Star Teebird yet? How are they compared to last year's unfortunately Shimmer Star but wonderfully flying run?

Also, heck yes DX is awesome. If you throw anything under speed 9 you're doing yourself a disservice for not throwing the DX version of the disc. Especially DX Banshees, Rocs, and Teebirds.

I have a 11X Nybo Swirled Teebird that is money. I love the feel. I use it for my OS Teebird.

Should I expect a Champion Teebird to ever beat in to fly like a lightly worn DX Teebird or will it go on an entirely different path?

Should I expect a Champion Teebird to ever beat in to fly like a lightly worn DX Teebird or will it go on an entirely different path?

I have a flat orange pfn champ I have been throwing for nearly a decade and it isn't close to flying like a dx. A used star lighter weight maybe? Or beat champ Valk?

Not really, they wont turn as hard, but I have one that will walk to the right on RHBH. One of my Stars, however, is beat to the point where it's reminiscent of a worn DX 'bird. However, it's a PFN, fingerprinty now and very well used.

I've got a glow Champion Heimburg Teebird3 that I still haven't thrown yet. Are they really os like Jen Allen tour series?

At my current ability level there isn't a disc I've ever thrown that I can depend on more than my gstar teebird. Same flight path every single throw no matter what the wind is doing. Also the least sensitive to form issues, it just does what it does.

I've got a glow Champion Heimburg Teebird3 that I still haven't thrown yet. Are they really os like Jen Allen tour series?

I've only thrown the Jen Allen which I love for backhand, overhand, forehand...such a great disc. Is it considered a more overstable run relative to champ?

I've only thrown the Jen Allen which I love for backhand, overhand, forehand...such a great disc. Is it considered a more overstable run relative to champ?

Depends on the year. 2017s I believe are, 2018s are more neutral, and 2019s I'm unsure.

I have an 11x that I've bagged since it came out, definitely flies dead straight with a touch of hyzer and will drift a bit when thrown flat but always comes back to center.

At my current ability level there isn't a disc I've ever thrown that I can depend on more than my gstar teebird. Same flight path every single throw no matter what the wind is doing. Also the least sensitive to form issues, it just does what it does.

How far you throwing it? Does it show any turn or just hold flat?

My Star Teebird is as you've described - super reliable, zero turn with a predictable fade out to ~330'. I've only thrown my GStar teebird a handful of times so far, and it has just a hint of turn that seems very useful.

How far you throwing it? Does it show any turn or just hold flat?

My Star Teebird is as you've described - super reliable, zero turn with a predictable fade out to ~330'. I've only thrown my GStar teebird a handful of times so far, and it has just a hint of turn that seems very useful.

I only get them 280-300. At 330 I'm not surprised you see some kind of turn. I've only ever thrown it in the 330 range with a tailwind and it definitely wasn't going to turn in that case.For me it's dead straight for near the entire flight then the easy fade at the end. I've thrown it into some pretty gnarly headwinds and it still never turns. Straight to fade, every time. That's max weight, I have a 168 gstar that will turn slightly on a good rip and is not as reliable into a headwind. I've been throwing a lot of putter rounds lately and the only exception to the rule is that teebird, there are a few shots on my course where it's just silly to not throw it.

I have some nice Teebirds, an old MF Champ and a Glow Champ are my favorites, but I have not actually bagged a Teebird since 2014. I found the Stag, and now paired with Tyrants I don't feel the need to have one. I often consider throwing a Tb back in the bag, but then I get distracted and forget.

Anyone that's thrown 2017 Jennifer Allen Teebirds - are they super OS? Like really good for FH's?

Anyone that's thrown 2017 Jennifer Allen Teebirds - are they super OS? Like really good for FH's?

Mine is pretty stable, I've never thrown a stock champ teebird though, only a few shimmer star and a MF one. Mine is probably slightly less stable than my SE Criminals if that means anything to you.. Or slightly more overstable than my 17 Sexton FB that has seen a good amount of use.

Mine is pretty stable, I've never thrown a stock champ teebird though, only a few shimmer star and a MF one. Mine is probably slightly less stable than my SE Criminals if that means anything to you.. Or slightly more overstable than my 17 Sexton FB that has seen a good amount of use.

Wow that sounds OS. Like a solid 7/5/0/3. Right now I've got a 168g Glow Champion Teebird that is getting it done. It's basically replaced my Resistor. I want to keep stocking up beefy Teebirds so I can keep up the consistency.