• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

Wow that sounds OS. Like a solid 7/5/0/3. Right now I've got a 168g Glow Champion Teebird that is getting it done. It's basically replaced my Resistor. I want to keep stocking up beefy Teebirds so I can keep up the consistency.

KJ swirly stars are pretty stable, as are luster champs.

I don't know why this idea sticks around that you want super overstable discs for forehands. That's great if you want a dumping fade, but you shouldn't rely on OS discs to hide your crappy form. I bag a beefy Star Teebird and a much less stable GStar Teebird that goes much farther and much straighter. I love forehanding both.

I don't know why this idea sticks around that you want super overstable discs for forehands. That's great if you want a dumping fade, but you shouldn't rely on OS discs to hide your crappy form. I bag a beefy Star Teebird and a much less stable GStar Teebird that goes much farther and much straighter. I love forehanding both.

I only use FH when I need it to fade right (OS), all other shots are covered with my BH.

I only use FH when I need it to fade right (OS), all other shots are covered with my BH.

That is fair, but a less stable disc will get you longer distance before the fade takes over. My GStar Teebird isn't flippy by any means, but it holds straighter a good 30' longer than my beefy Star, and it has a similar fade at the end.

And my local course has a hole where the only way I've seen anyone reach C1 is a forehand flex/turnover (#9 Veterans Memorial in Parma OH). Such a fun line to hit!

My FH form is impeccable & I type that with no ego. A very stable Teebird just gives me a lot of reliability that I can count on. It's having to dial back the power off the tee where it's tricky with less stable discs.

My FH form is impeccable & I type that with no ego. A very stable Teebird just gives me a lot of reliability that I can count on. It's having to dial back the power off the tee where it's tricky with less stable discs.

The 17 Jen Allen's are what you want. I've thrown it about the same as my 17 Sexton firebird and it is more (over) stable. They are great power forehand discs.

It's having to dial back the power off the tee where it's tricky with less stable discs.

Interesting, as a FH dominant player (also played around a decade of tennis growing up) I find this is an easier throw, it's like a volley. Throwing distance is where I run into nose up issues as I try to end my swing up like a tennis forehand.

Interesting, as a FH dominant player (also played around a decade of tennis growing up) I find this is an easier throw, it's like a volley. Throwing distance is where I run into nose up issues as I try to end my swing up like a tennis forehand.

For short distances like a 250' or shorter (or the length of a tennis court) it's no problem for me to dial it back. When I'm needing fairway driver distance it's more consistent for me to have stability in a disc like a beefy Teebird over my Stalker.

Stalker can get it done in the woods on a FH but even then can be touchy.

That jl champ is sooo slick though. Even when beat in. At least my brinster is. It's ok when conditions are optimal but I usually don't bag it

I love the Brinster bird, I usually have at least two in my bag, never had any grip issues unless soaking wet, and then I can't grip anything but dx or pro. That being said, the jl champ is slicker than star or regular champ. What is your plastic of choice for a teebird?

Anyone that's thrown 2017 Jennifer Allen Teebirds - are they super OS? Like really good for FH's?

I have thrown these since they came out. My favorite TB ever, and I have tried them all dating back to the early 2000's. They are beefier than almost any other TB (except maybe a brinster). But the flatness makes them better for FH's. I got a stack of 10-15 that I am very thankful to have.

I love the Brinster bird, I usually have at least two in my bag, never had any grip issues unless soaking wet, and then I can't grip anything but dx or pro. That being said, the jl champ is slicker than star or regular champ. What is your plastic of choice for a teebird?

The Brinsters are not only slick, but also very firm which makes it hard to dig the thumb into it if you know what i mean

I like star best, but I do bag a beefy champ teebird and a superbeef champ firebird. other than those I only carry star plastic for drivers (all my drivers are Innova, ha)

Regular old stock star teebirds are my jam.

The Brinsters are not only slick, but also very firm which makes it hard to dig the thumb into it if you know what i mean

I can totally see that, its interesting how everyone's tactile preferences are so different. I can't seem to get a clean release with a softer disc, feel like I'm bending in half while trying to throw.

I like star best, but I do bag a beefy champ teebird and a superbeef champ firebird. other than those I only carry star plastic for drivers (all my drivers are Innova, ha)

Regular old stock star teebirds are my jam.

I do love a good ol' star bird, always keep one in the bag.

DX Teebird love here, snagged a pair of nearly new ones from the Disc Nation used bin for $5 a pop. Best gliding Teebirds out there. Ripped one on a high 410' laser with a slight tailwind this afternoon- such a beautiful flight. Been too long since they've been in the bag.

fc0ed56966d0dd3ab764ee44a44a2364.jpg

Latest posts