• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

Here is a Teebird I have been bagging for about 10 years. This thing is a friggin' laser beam. I owe a lot of birdies to this one. Closest thing I have found to it is a Pro Teebird with a flat top, but nothing really compares to a well worn 11x Champion plastic Teebird, there's just something about that plastic...

Plastic wise not exactly the same, but the Rival from Legacy is basically an 11x teebird IMO

Dear innova, can you make some color glow star teebirds please? Thanks.

Like the Sexton Firebird where it's 'champion plastic' but feels just like star. I'd be down for that. Especially if they're flat. So we need some Tour Series Glow Champion (feels like star) Teebird3's.

Here is a Teebird I have been bagging for about 10 years. This thing is a friggin' laser beam. I owe a lot of birdies to this one. Closest thing I have found to it is a Pro Teebird with a flat top, but nothing really compares to a well worn 11x Champion plastic Teebird, there's just something about that plastic...

Is that a CAL or CA?

Like the Sexton Firebird where it's 'champion plastic' but feels just like star. I'd be down for that. Especially if they're flat. So we need some Tour Series Glow Champion (feels like star) Teebird3's.

I've got color glow champ teebirds, but what I really want is this newer softer color glow star. The new wraiths and sidewinders feel amazing, and I think I need a reason to add another teebird to the stack.

Does Innova even know how to make flat top discs anymore?

My theory is that if you yank them out of the mold when they're hot you will likely get a dome. With the market and demand being what it is these days they are probably rushing everything to get as many discs produced and sold as possible. I think if they weren't rushing things and would let the discs cool down in the mold we might see some flatter discs.

Total unscientific theory based solely on nothing.

My theory is that if you yank them out of the mold when they're hot you will likely get a dome. With the market and demand being what it is these days they are probably rushing everything to get as many discs produced and sold as possible. I think if they weren't rushing things and would let the discs cool down in the mold we might see some flatter discs.

Total unscientific theory based solely on nothing.
I've read the same thing before and it makes sense to me. I wish I'd known 3 years ago that flattop thundies would become a rarity

I've read the same thing before and it makes sense to me. I wish I'd known 3 years ago that flattop thundies would become a rarity

Stopped at Dicks for shinguards the other day (old friend asked me to guest play for his indoor soccer league). Checked the discs of course and found a few flat Thunderbirds...had to buy one lol. I was surprised they also had some gorgeous swirly Star Destroyers and a bunch of pearly Champ _____.

Sadly no disc stores near me - just one a solid 45+ minutes away. Doesn't hurt I have entirely way too many discs.

Any insight on the 22 barela teebird3s? Are they as money as the 21 run?

Thread also needed a bump. Hopefully one of the team members picks a halo t3 soon that looks like the ohn l3s.

That plastic has gotta be better than 12x Champ Teebirds. I had one for about 5 years. It turned into a hyzer-flip to straight disc, which was great, but then the entire flight plate shattered with one too many tree hits. It was a sad day and I still don't have a disc that flies like that seasoned Teebird.

How does the new C-line FD compare to a stock champion tee bird? I'm about to get my FD and wondering if it will kick my Teebird out of the bag, or compliment it.

How does the new C-line FD compare to a stock champion tee bird? I'm about to get my FD and wondering if it will kick my Teebird out of the bag, or compliment it.

If the new FD flies anything like the older runs I would say it is closer to a fresh DX Teebird or maybe a well seasoned champ Teebird.

I think you'll find it more complementary than something that will replace the Teebird.

I guess we'll see if I am wrong after you get a chance to try it out.

Any insight on the 22 barela teebird3s? Are they as money as the 21 run?

Thread also needed a bump. Hopefully one of the team members picks a halo t3 soon that looks like the ohn l3s.

I got two of each and am preferring the 21's I got. The two 22's I got are a little softer then my 21's. Still good but the 21's are perfect.

FD is straighter but otherwise identical. I fancy myself a Teebird devotee, the disc continues to surprise and impress both in distance and reliability.

Both finish the same, if 'finish' is considered fundamental driver stability at the lowest speeds.

There are significant differences that become apparent with wind and angle. I'm moving increasingly toward the idea that a Teebird is about the perfect driver ever made, and that perfection include performance in wind and reliability. I throw a Teebird about 380-400 most full throws, if that helps gauge my comments.

FD has impressed the hell out of me. It's a Teebird but straight. It has a weird reliability/stability. I have the feeling that it's a matter of preference. I could probably get the same exact results by adjusting angle with an FD when it comes to wind--but stopped testing prior to success. That Teebird wind success has come with tons of reps and visual feedback. For example, in 20 gust 35 strong HW with slight L to R, on day 3 of an AM40 A tier in which I moved up about 20 places, I was happy sending a Teebird on a moderate hyzer line (355' hole) that finished near the basket. I've developed feel with a particular Teebird (this one is 168g Star). I've throw FD in the field in strong HW and sometimes FD I'll throw intending to hyzer but it doesn't bite. More reps I'd probably get the feel.

I've noticed champ Teebird new at max weight has a bit more beef than my 168g Star, especially since I've thrown the latter so much.

This is context for my answer to 'will FD kick it out of the bag?'

Definitely not. If you know Teebird thangs, they ain't going anywhere. If you never threw a Teebird and somehow came to it fresh, maybe.

Does the FD fly differently? Absolutely. The last 1/2 of the flight is flatter and straighter when thrown at the same speed.

Is it worth bagging both? For me, no. I don't have the bandwidth to get so good at both discs. If straighter flight is the issue, I'll just throw a Hex and sacrifice the 30'. Maybe throw the Teebird and lean into a slight flex.

Last edited: