• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

I have a number of Teebirds in DX, Star, G-Star, and Champion, but my favorite of all is my 162g Star. I have thrown that disc a ton and it just continues to get better.:thmbup:

Picked up a fresh 170g Star Teebird to complement my Barela Glow Teebird3 that's become my favorite disc. MAN I forgot how BEEFY Star Teebirds are right out of the box. Even at 170g, it's a borderline meathook and I can barely break 300' with it, whereas my Teebird3 is my goto for an easy 330'.

They weren't always like that. The Star TB's I have from before AJ's signature went on them are COMPLETELY different. They were beautiful discs out of the box, not the mini firebird things they are now. If you can find an older one for cheap, buy it and compare it, they don't even seem like the same mold. Not sure if the plastic just changed that much or what, but there other discs that are made by Innova that have had the same thing happen to them. S-PD's have been terrible for the last several runs, but the older ones are a thing of beauty like older star TB's

Anyone get one of the new ones without his signature, are they different? Maybe some old stock? That would be amazing.

I will also add to the trend of fawning over DX Teebird's. They are fantastic, I love how with a little use you get the gorgeous slow turn from them that doesn't fade back. Absolutely brilliant for hyzer-flipping tunnel shots. It's a fine line between worn just right and roller though.

Am I allowed to declare Teebird3 love here? They just hook in and stay straight so beautifully then fade very predictably. Bag DX and star to cover for wind variation.

They weren't always like that. The Star TB's I have from before AJ's signature went on them are COMPLETELY different. They were beautiful discs out of the box, not the mini firebird things they are now. If you can find an older one for cheap, buy it and compare it, they don't even seem like the same mold. Not sure if the plastic just changed that much or what, but there other discs that are made by Innova that have had the same thing happen to them. S-PD's have been terrible for the last several runs, but the older ones are a thing of beauty like older star TB's

Anyone get one of the new ones without his signature, are they different? Maybe some old stock? That would be amazing.

There's been a lot of variation in Star TB's over the years. I remember a chunk of the PFN's and lot of the numbered pre-AJ's as domey and straighter. Some of the early AJ's were on the OS end, then domey and straighter a bit after that. My experience buying the embossed AJ's from the last 2 years has been a good middle stability premium plastic TB. Definitely has some fade when fresh but overall true to the numbers and not firebird territory OS.
I have not tried any new embossed no AJ's.

Am I allowed to declare Teebird3 love here? They just hook in and stay straight so beautifully then fade very predictably. Bag DX and star to cover for wind variation.

My favorite Teebird I own is a team stamped glow T3 (thanks Streets!) - I dyed it pink though. So damn consistent, I learned to trust it as fast as any individual disc I've ever owned.

I was going to buy a Teebird. Compared side by side with the Explorer I already throw, the Teebird's dome was uncomfortable, or at least less comfortable by comparison. Decided to stay with Eagles and Exploers.

I recently picked up a 171g champ Teebird and it flies exactly what I've been told Teebirds should fly like out of the box. For context, every other bird I've thrown has been extremely resistant to turn....quite overstable for the 0/2 turn and fade. But this one will glide straight for a while before fading off.

I'm trying to build a winter bag and would love to get a g-star, but I know they're notoriously more understable. Are the newer runs of g-star the same? or are they comparable?

I recently picked up a 171g champ Teebird and it flies exactly what I've been told Teebirds should fly like out of the box. For context, every other bird I've thrown has been extremely resistant to turn....quite overstable for the 0/2 turn and fade. But this one will glide straight for a while before fading off.

I'm trying to build a winter bag and would love to get a g-star, but I know they're notoriously more understable. Are the newer runs of g-star the same? or are they comparable?

I bought a G-Star recently in the high 160s, I have not seen any turn out of it yet, I don't have a big arm, but so far it has slotted in nicely between my DX and Star TB

I just read on the Innova site that they make Teebirds in starlight plastic down to 130g. In reality, how can I find a 130g Teebird? That looks like the only super light fairway driver. (I could use one for my weak sidearm)

I will also add to the trend of fawning over DX Teebird's. They are fantastic, I love how with a little use you get the gorgeous slow turn from them that doesn't fade back. Absolutely brilliant for hyzer-flipping tunnel shots. It's a fine line between worn just right and roller though.

x2

I picked up a 168g star teebird to try to beat into that magical sweet spot, but it's been slow going. It's so much more stable than the DX birds that I don't find myself reaching for it nearly often enough to break it in. Meanwhile I'm on my 3rd DX bird :doh:

I just read on the Innova site that they make Teebirds in starlight plastic down to 130g. In reality, how can I find a 130g Teebird? That looks like the only super light fairway driver. (I could use one for my weak sidearm)

I haven't seen a starlite disc in the wild in years. 150 class dx are bombers though (in you don't play a ton in the woods)

Cross posting thanks for Teebird suggestions. I was looking at the DX before and didn't like the feel, but the Star feels nice. It's light for my weak sidearm

j3xx0V.gif

Anyone have an opinion on domey teebirds? I got some color glows and they have a heartbeat. So much dome that I am thinking about returning them.

Just saw my post count. Nice

Last edited: