• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] For the love of the Bird! ..Teebird that is!

Another disc instead of the Teebird as a straighter disc! Blasphemy! Season that Teebird in and let it become straight.

The JLS is so good, but I personally do think that a beat in teebird in premium plastic is more reliable than an equivalent JLS. Teebirds really do hold onto that good HSS even after the fade is beaten out of them. Usually.

Looong time JLS thrower here, since back when they only came in Millennium plastic.

They're one of my favorite molds ever made, sadly they became redundant when I fell in love with other molds. A Buzzz/Comet/Cobra can go pretty damn far, a Valkyrie can be under powered well, etc. I was anti Teebird for so many years for no legitimate reason...just wanted to be cool or something? I don't know.

Teebirds are never leaving my bag.

Miss you, JLS

I tried to go all Eagle in a futile attempt at mold minimization of my fairways, but nothing goes long and straight like a Tee Bird. If that is the shot, the Bird is the disc.

It is surrounded by 3 eagles though :)

Looong time JLS thrower here, since back when they only came in Millennium plastic.

They're one of my favorite molds ever made, sadly they became redundant when I fell in love with other molds.

Same with my PLS, although I still carry it around in my bag and throw it about twice a year for long, low, flat, standstill shots that need to go straight.

I just bought a JA tour series glow teebird on a lark (had to hit the free shipping at the proshop). All I have to say is WOW. The thing flies exactly like I always wanted a champ teebird to fly, like a fresh DX teebird in premium plastic. And the plastic is super sexy.

This is the first tour series teebird I have had, are there any other runs like this one? Or is this one a unicorn?

I just bought a JA tour series glow teebird on a lark (had to hit the free shipping at the proshop). All I have to say is WOW. The thing flies exactly like I always wanted a champ teebird to fly, like a fresh DX teebird in premium plastic. And the plastic is super sexy.

This is the first tour series teebird I have had, are there any other runs like this one? Or is this one a unicorn?

I gravitate to Teebird3s myself, but what you describe matches my experience with the Color Glow Champion AB Teebird3s. A good notch more mellow than standard star or champion.

There is a reason sexy birds sell so well, and it's not just the stamp.

I can't speak for really old JA birds, but the 2020 and 2021 ones are both rather beefy. 2021 and 2022 AB birds are just like you describe, pretty mellow out of the box.

I'm becoming more and more of a Teebird diehard.

I can get pretty close to max D with this disc.

But it also excels at straight, hyzer, and anny lines.

I was blown away today when I decided to experiment with anny lines. I can't believe how much lateral penetration this disc offers. Once the disc is in the air, it develops this mach speed left to right unwind. I've thrown anny lines before, but this was more of a 'push the limits' type field sesh.

Idk. Impressed. You get it.

I lump Teebird3 into this mix, as they perform nearly the same for me, but with the expected subtle differences. For fieldwork, I throw all of them, and I have 7 Teebs and 3 Teeb3's.

Not great on FH for me, personally.

Teebirds are touchy on the forehand. It's actually a great tool to learn the forehand or correct form/application of snap. I pretty much have used teebirds as my only driver for roughly two years now because they do it all and how I want it to be done.

I'm becoming more and more of a Teebird diehard.

I can get pretty close to max D with this disc.

But it also excels at straight, hyzer, and anny lines.

I was blown away today when I decided to experiment with anny lines. I can't believe how much lateral penetration this disc offers. Once the disc is in the air, it develops this mach speed left to right unwind. I've thrown anny lines before, but this was more of a 'push the limits' type field sesh.

Idk. Impressed. You get it.

I lump Teebird3 into this mix, as they perform nearly the same for me, but with the expected subtle differences. For fieldwork, I throw all of them, and I have 7 Teebs and 3 Teeb3's.

Not great on FH for me, personally.

have you tried a DX TB yet? Those can definitely get close to distance driver D.

My wife has a stack of DX Teebirds. They're her "throw away" discs for long water carries. I've thrown them. They pretty much remind me of premium plastic FD's. Super straight with a gentle finish.

Teebirds are touchy on the forehand. It's actually a great tool to learn the forehand or correct form/application of snap. I pretty much have used teebirds as my only driver for roughly two years now because they do it all and how I want it to be done.

You must have a cannon for an arm. I never experieced this. This is what i would say about a Leopard.

You must have a cannon for an arm. I never experieced this. This is what i would say about a Leopard.

I would say they are amazing up to 60 mph, when you break that they start to get touchy. I can throw them FH at 50-70% really well but don't try to power them up.

There's also the point where they flip and fade right.. I love that point, when it's needed.

the key is they do that turn late in flight and/or when thrown high. truly a beautiful flight and not one that can be replicated my many premium plastic discs

Latest posts