• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Forearm Pain (not elbow) with backhand

Wow, these "articles" are based on horribly oudated information that no one is tought or should go by based on the research. The DPT education is heavily oriented towards evidences based practice. Things brought up in that first link are things debunked by research for the last couple of decades. Studies show that going to a PT first results in improved outcomes and fewer costs and imaging studies compared with PCPs, orthos, and chiros. I choose not to say anything disparaging about chiros but that is not helpful (though not sure where you got the hours if training) stat from.

One question, whom paid for these studies?
It's somewhat of an open secert that studies are bought in the medical field.

I am bowing out of this conversation now as this is too close to me. My emotions may override my logical side otherwise. That does neither of us any good.

Good evening to you.

Last edited:
Lol, compared to studies/experiences posted on a website for a person selling their own program?

Just because you disagree with something doesn't mean you should throw science under the bus.

I'm not an expert in this field, I just want to say that comparatively if there is published material in peer reviewed papers then it doesn't matter who paid for what or anything like that...the outcome is peer reviewed by non-biased and anonymous parties. Now there are lots of problems with peer reviewed literature, such as how they charge money for people who submit articles, enlist experts in their field to review articles for the good of whatever rather than being paid, charge for all downloads from those same people, and charge extortionate amounts of money for annual subscriptions to institutions to access their archives...but buying studies or publishing known fake information they do not do.

My PT seems to have magically made my pains disappear.

One question, whom paid for these studies?
It's somewhat of an open secert that studies are bought in the medical field.

I am bowing out of this conversation now as this is too close to me. My emotions may override my logical side otherwise. That does neither of us any good.

Good evening to you.

Lol, compared to studies/experiences posted on a website for a person selling their own program?

Just because you disagree with something doesn't mean you should throw science under the bus.

I'm not an expert in this field, I just want to say that comparatively if there is published material in peer reviewed papers then it doesn't matter who paid for what or anything like that...the outcome is peer reviewed by non-biased and anonymous parties. Now there are lots of problems with peer reviewed literature, such as how they charge money for people who submit articles, enlist experts in their field to review articles for the good of whatever rather than being paid, charge for all downloads from those same people, and charge extortionate amounts of money for annual subscriptions to institutions to access their archives...but buying studies or publishing known fake information they do not do.

Yes, and who is going to pay for physical therapy, biomechanics, and kinesiology studies? Who is going to be making money off of it?

For three years now I have not been able to throw a backhand. I've tried everything. Technique, stretching, compression. Nothing works. My forearm blazes with pain even after mellow 4o% throws. My elbow dies not hurt. Anyone else have this? Going to work on teaching myself leftie.

Three years is an awful long time to endure a problem without seeking treatment. My limited medical advice is that at this point, it's not going to heal on its own.

My experience is that if you seek proper treatment and get it fixed, you'll be slapping yourself for not having done it sooner. Though possibility not with that hand.

An orthopedist or physiatrist is what you're looking for. They will be able to figure out if it's some kind of referred pain, and then they'll send you to a physical therapist most likely. There are some good chiropractors out there...but they aren't necessarily in the majority. Same could be said for many doctors, but if you find an orthopedist or physiatrist specialized in sports medicine, i'm sure they'll fix you up.

All that said, the only thing I know of that causes forearm pain, that can last for years is tennis elbow.

Latest posts