• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form analysis to reach nuke city

Back again!!!

So I've been fiddling with a lot of drills, analysing myself and realised that I'm waaaay too open at release. So I've decided to work on that.
I've been throwing in the net so far and purely focusing on release. I have not yet tried to throw a disc in the field.

Would love to hear your opinion on upper body mechanics :). Am I on the correct path?

P.S. Sorry that you cannot see feet, I've limited amount of space.

I noticed when practicing my release being more closed that my left leg swoops in quite a lot. Can there be too much left leg swoop?

I tried a field session and came back to my old ways straight away.

I was wondering, from what you can see on lower body does it look okayish when throwing in the net?
It feels like i bounce back in brace which then with upper body swings me a little bit around.

Is this bounce what should aim for?

Do I aim for a rear leg to come in so much as well or is it too much? I could tell the on the field my rear leg just stays behind and drags.

For lower body Q specifically:

I think overall you are kind of trying to force the braced tilt from the very beginning of the move, but that also means that a lot of your posture is getting in its own way.

1. You are stepping on your X-step and then rising up, rather than being tall or hopping higher in the step before the X-step (I like to call it the "prep step") and then carrying your momentum forward and down. Yours is more subtle than this, but you are tipping over rather than shifting underneath.
1715008865999.png

Compare to Simon. Notice his more centered posture and motion of his body and relative height of his head rising in the "prep step." The tilt is part of the overall movement pattern rather than forced throughout.

1715009339137.png
2. Your upper body is tilted away rather than centered and "stacked" on the legs (crush the can drills, Turbo Encabulator), and your spine and pelvis are pitched way forward up toward the sky rather than being prepared for an athletic "attack" on the line.

Don't worry, there are solutions.

As a grizzled driller, I think you need to pick one thing and work on it until you never have to think about it again. I would probably recommend:
- Doing some work on Hershyzer to adjust your posture for when you start to leverage off the X-step. Get feedback on the details to make your body learn to do it! Then do it with more and more momentum until it's very comfortable.
- Double Dragon for the "north-south" part of the tilt.

For you I'd estimate at least 3 weeks after getting posture feedback.

Here's a breakdown of some lingo you might encounter around DGCR with the associated "drill map" for the space of problems they work on. "Crushing cans" is implicit in all of these.
1715009077005.png

Attachments

• 1715008472882.png
    1715008472882.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 1715008981603.png
    1715008981603.png
  • 1715009009545.png
    1715009009545.png
  • 1715009259861.png