• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form analysis and pointers for improvement greatly appreciated

Jyntefar

Hello fellow plastic throwers

I've been playing for a couple of years, but only recently began fieldwork practice to correct my form.

Yesterday i discovered i needed to engage my hip more, and it instantly gave me more distance, and allowed my drivers to fly more like they're supposed to. However that also means i'm still trying to incorporate the new throwing knowledge into my muscle memory, while forgetting the old. These videos are from today.

As far as i can see, i need to tuck my left elbow into my body more, and maybe reach back more out and less behind my body. What do you guys think? Please let me know what i can do to improve my form :)

Putters: 225feet
Mids: 275feet
Fariways: 300feet
Distance drivers: 350feet on a good hit

Drive from the side: https://youtu.be/snDKov9r45A

Drive from behind(Dont mind the bad release angle!): https://youtu.be/oNx6pCzZO58

Thanks from Denmark!

Yeah left arm is creating chaos. Need to post it up on front leg to swing from.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 9.08.38 PM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 9.08.38 PM copy.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 40
Thanks for the reply!

I tried to tuck my arm in today and it gave me good distance imediately. However i still release a bit left, not a lot though. Working on completing the throw and not Falling in to old habits.

Please correct me if im wrong but according to the pictures, i need to have more weight on my plant foot?

Im still a little bit puzzled in how to solve the rounding, but ill watch the videos some more tonight.

Thanks again

Please correct me if im wrong but according to the pictures, i need to have more weight on my plant foot?
Your rear heel is still back weighted on ground, pressure needs to shift off rear foot quicker. The rear arm should help with that.

Try to get your weight over the balls of your feet, instead of back on the heels. Until your plant foot hits, then that'll brace your weight as it spins on the heel (crush the can),