• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My first form check!

evulcow

Hello!

This is my first check posted here and I want some key points to work with.

We don't have the best weather here in Sweden and makes working on form abit tough sometimes and our winter is long but I'll do what I can!
Last year I threw 400 feet consistently and my max distance was around 440 feet.

My biggest problem is accuracy and I saw directly that my reachback is pretty early and I'm not reaching out wide (walking around the disc) like I thought I was which is probably leading to rounding.

Some other things I notice is: maybe too wide stance, stepping too far left, not really straightening my plant leg and not really using my left arm.

Sorry for the bad quality and only this angle, I will record more later on.

https://youtu.be/MlbIrSz-BL8 Normal speed

https://youtu.be/CXzvqZYG9to 0,25x speed

Thankful for all the help I can get!

Sounds like you have a pretty good idea of your biggest issues. I would add that your rear end is lined up near the right edge of the teepad on windup and then moves way left to about the center line of the teepad by the time you hit power pocket. That seems like an accuracy killer to me. If you watch pros with nice tight form like McBeth or Gibson you'll see they keep their rear end basically in the same spot east-west throughout, like theyre touching a wall with their butt and they stay on it the whole time.

Thank for your reply. I see what you are talking about!
I think the hershyzer drill is about that, to stride more forward with the butt leading.
I will watch and compare more with seabass22's videos, I've just been too lazy to properly work on my form so alot of wacky things are just muscle memory

Yeah, you aren't balanced on your rear leg to drive targetward. You are falling over your toes to the left tee.

Yeah I see it clearly now, gonna try to work on one thing at a time.
Thanks for your input, will hopefully post my progress sometime in the future 😄