Form Check Diary ✅

This sounds like a good plan, something i can do throughout the year until season is over.

Few questions.

1. easier to sit down if i go «taller» during x-step? ( like tamm)

2. i should never leverage my weight off my heel during x step and always of the insteep of my foot and like a iceskater?

3. to emphazize the sitting down combined with moving wheight from insteep of rear foot i can do buttwipe to get more feel for it? ( or just try to sit down more and thats it?)

If you can help me with this, i should be fine until the season is over.

Thanks alot for the help.
Good Qs. I think:

1. Yes, at least for now.

2. In general yes. "Like an ice skater" is also a good idea for the overall "tilted" balance we talk about. You can practice feeling more "seated" or sitting in this like Paige too:

399f528baff17f1809d5f52bc599b454.gif

3. Yes, I would encourage keep doing it in butt wipe and see if you can get that feel in the drill to be similar/the same in your throwing.

Last edited:
Hi

I'm all over the place so i want to have one thread to document the progress and have more structure on the feedback.

Intro: I'm a dedicated Norwegian athlete who's putting in the hard work every day to prepare for the journey across the sea and compete in the U.S. 🥏💨
I played with a guy from Norway on my card a few weeks ago at a tourney, Harvard Sorlie. He is a really friendly dude. You guys represent yourselves well over here.

Good Qs. I think:

1. Yes, at least for now.

2. In general yes. "Like an ice skater" is also a good idea for the overall "tilted" balance we talk about. You can practice feeling more "seated" or sitting in this like Paige too:

399f528baff17f1809d5f52bc599b454.gif

3. Yes, I would encourage keep doing it in butt wipe and see if you can get that feel in the drill to be similar/the same in your throwing.
I know we were supposed to calm down a little before season but i wanted to go out and do some few tosses after the drills and indoor practice/discgolfforumfeedbacks.

Something has clicked, im taller in xstep because im trying to get to a seated position before plant.
It kinda went automatic together in a sequence for some reason, witch is really nice.

I think honestly i gained more arm speed but i started throwing alot more to the right, its like i cant contain the speed yet. Is that maybe why i pull the shoots to the right?

I tossed a super stable pd almost 500 feet and that disc is not supposed to go that far.

I think i wanna build on this, i feel like i can smash the disc so fast and hard with this concept without putting a crazy ammount of effort.

With time i think i can sit down more and more if thats whats gonna give me more speed

View attachment IMG_7605.mov

Attachments

• IMG_7608.png
    IMG_7608.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
I know we were supposed to calm down a little before season but i wanted to go out and do some few tosses after the drills and indoor practice/discgolfforumfeedbacks.

Something has clicked, im taller in xstep because im trying to get to a seated position before plant.
It kinda went automatic together in a sequence for some reason, witch is really nice.

I think honestly i gained more arm speed but i started throwing alot more to the right, its like i cant contain the speed yet. Is that maybe why i pull the shoots to the right?

I tossed a super stable pd almost 500 feet and that disc is not supposed to go that far.

I think i wanna build on this, i feel like i can smash the disc so fast and hard with this concept without putting a crazy ammount of effort.

With time i think i can sit down more and more if thats whats gonna give me more speed

View attachment 336874

I had a hunch these would start happening at some point:
1. probably easier to throw,
2. probably more potential upper bound of speed,
3. shots going right as you add momentum

They are going right because you have started to get some of the balance and nimbleness in transition, but you are still throwing a bit "over the top" of the brace. To keep things simple & focused pre-season:

1. You can just keep building on this fundamental balance issue. Keep reinforcing your transition move. Look at where Sidewinder pointed you and his next posts. They are all attacking related issues.

2. You need to focus on committing the whole move more like "Sadlowski" in how you brace and throw. Take all the momentum down the line in transition.

1712339026938.png

To summarize, you are moving better onto and off the drive leg. In the long, you will want to develop the swing plane more like Sadlowski "throwing upward nose down."

Last edited:
That's nice to hear, i think ive seen him on social media. He did pretty well i think?
He did, he ended up in 2nd or 3rd, I took 7th. Decent size field. It was really, really windy out there and cold, and he putted really well given the conditions.

Either way, kudos to you for being the real deal on here, your 450 drive from the knees is absolutely sicko!

I had a hunch these would start happening at some point:
1. probably easier to throw,
2. probably more potential upper bound of speed,
3. shots going right as you add momentum

They are going right because you have started to get some of the balance and nimbleness in transition, but you are still throwing a bit "over the top" of the brace. To keep things simple & focused pre-season:

1. You can just keep building on this fundamental balance issue. Keep reinforcing your transition move. Look at where Sidewinder pointed you and his next posts. They are all attacking related issues.

2. You need to focus on committing the whole move more like "Sadlowski" in how you brace and throw. Take all the momentum down the line in transition.

View attachment 336876

To summarize, you are moving better onto and off the drive leg. In the long, you will want to develop the swing plane more like Sadlowski "throwing upward nose down."

im glad you keept this still structured somewhat.

The throwing upward nose up i think is something i have to wait with, sadly its just to big off a change before the season starts. Its also my biggest issue and the hardest to fix, poor sidewinder tried to help me with this in the past and i keept pushing it with not so much results. I ended upp throwing hyzers left and right.

I had to go to the course today after the field work session.

Take a look at my butt wipe compared to before.
I think this will be what i will work with before season. I think i can learn to control it before it starts in 1-2 months.

Attachments

• IMG_7629.jpeg
    IMG_7629.jpeg
    855.6 KB · Views: 0
im glad you keept this still structured somewhat.

The throwing upward nose up i think is something i have to wait with, sadly its just to big off a change before the season starts. Its also my biggest issue and the hardest to fix, poor sidewinder tried to help me with this in the past and i keept pushing it with not so much results. I ended upp throwing hyzers left and right.

I had to go to the course today after the field work session.

Take a look at my butt wipe compared to before.
I think this will be what i will work with before season. I think i can learn to control it before it starts in 1-2 months.
Yes, I think if I had to choose, I would still keep working on the transition move/buttwipe/balance.

The other part is going to feel like such a big change and will also potentially start adjusting on its own over time if your transition move improves.

Yes, I think if I had to choose, I would still keep working on the transition move/buttwipe/balance.

The other part is going to feel like such a big change and will also potentially start adjusting on its own over time if your transition move improves.

Alright, sounds like we have a plan.

Double dragon warm ups and keep working on transition move/balance/buttwipe.

Thanks for being patient.

One last quick question!

If im throwing with 70-85% power, can i be less tall before getting into the seated position?

If i try to jump a little or get taller in xstep i get to much power to controll and i overshoot alot lf the holes i play.

Here is one example, im not super tall in x-step but i still get alot more buttwipe and manage to sit down more.
Is it acceptable?

View attachment IMG_7742.mov

look at my friends grip during reachback, we are wondering if he has to fix that.

i found information about my question, it was on the forum.

So i just need some opinions on my friends reachback wierd thing.

Attachments

• IMG_7861.mov
    6.4 MB
Last edited:
I would like to know what @sidewinder22 would say about the speed/acceleration and his choice of options since this is probably my own weakest area of specific knowledge, but reasons moves can get faster seem to include:

1. Releasing "bad" muscle tensions that block actions.
2. Getting the arm in a position or rotation pattern that it can whip through longer in leverage.
3. Grip and posture and sequence are probably always connected because of the way bodies work - sometimes changes in grip also improve parts of posture and vice versa.

Sidewinder likes to say "backswing doesn't matter much" and I still tend to think that is true (as long as it gets you through the right fundamentals and is not related to or causing something else to go wrong).

I would like to know what @sidewinder22 would say about the speed/acceleration and his choice of options since this is probably my own weakest area of specific knowledge, but reasons moves can get faster seem to include:

1. Releasing "bad" muscle tensions that block actions.
2. Getting the arm in a position or rotation pattern that it can whip through longer in leverage.
3. Grip and posture and sequence are probably always connected because of the way bodies work - sometimes changes in grip also improve parts of posture and vice versa.

Sidewinder likes to say "backswing doesn't matter much" and I still tend to think that is true (as long as it gets you through the right fundamentals and is not related to or causing something else to go wrong).

im no expert on this but doesnt it look like he pulls the disc from the front and that makes his pocket not so deep as it should be before extension?

Yeah it looks a little weird, but it looks like he gets into good power pocket. KJ Nybo and Gregg Barsby also tend to grip more toward the leading edge of the disc at the top of the backswing.

Last 4 weeks ive done rate of force developement training to convert my max strenght into speed, i did not miss a training during the whole off season so its been paying off big time.

For some reason when i throw, it sounds like im kicking a baloon or something. ( i like to think its the increase in speed but im not sure )

Here is a toss if anyone wanna listen to the wierd sound effect, dont mind my hype friend!

Attachments

• RPReplay_Final1713387598.mov
    39.7 MB
I bought a pair of vivo barefoot shoes to try to get better balance and ankle mobility so i can do buttwipe and my transition move alot better.

Feels better, im curious to see how this will affect my posture etc in a few weeks with the drills and tons of throwing im gonna do.

Attachments

• IMG_8013.mov
    33.3 MB
im gonna throw through this gap, i noticed i followed the green line today. Usually im blue line, it feels good for me to start a little right on the pad.

But is yellow line optimal?

Or is the blue line fine?

Attachments

• IMG_8077.jpeg
    IMG_8077.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
im gonna throw through this gap, i noticed i followed the green line today. Usually im blue line, it feels good for me to start a little right on the pad.

But is yellow line optimal?

Or is the blue line fine?
Depends a little on the shot and intended line I think but in general:

I think you still tend to naturally swing/pull a bit over the top of your brace to the right as we discussed (not a criticism, just an observation), which may be why it is more comfortable to you to go on the green line.

Sometimes however depending on the posture and weight shift, advanced throwers might prefer the green line even if they are not throwing "over the top." E.g., some players move at something like 20 degrees down the tee relative to the line as sidewinder has marked up occasionally (such as on Simon or Gibson).

My guess based on how you move otherwise is that once you throw less over the top, you may naturally do the blue line. Or, you will use the green line if you shift to plant with more staggered closed (e.g., more like Simon throwing "flat" or hyzerflip).

Depends a little on the shot and intended line I think but in general:

I think you still tend to naturally swing/pull a bit over the top of your brace to the right as we discussed (not a criticism, just an observation), which may be why it is more comfortable to you to go on the green line.

Sometimes however depending on the posture and weight shift, advanced throwers might prefer the green line even if they are not throwing "over the top." E.g., some players move at something like 20 degrees down the tee relative to the line as sidewinder has marked up occasionally (such as on Simon or Gibson).

My guess based on how you move otherwise is that once you throw less over the top, you may naturally do the blue line. Or, you will use the green line if you shift to plant with more staggered closed (e.g., more like Simon throwing "flat" or hyzerflip).

You can criticise me all you want as long as i get better.

I hate throwing over the top, you have no idea.
I might travel to finland to get help from joona merele ( the guy you had a meeting with today/yesterday ) since he can physicaly show me how to fix it, since i have problems understanding it and feeling it.

Im doing double dragons all the time, it feels like im in some karatekid movie just waiting for a evolution breakthrough.

so i shouldnt try to go for the yellow line?

I just go for whatever feels best?

I end up like this on the pad and i think hitting the line is harder on green line then yellow?

Attachments

• apr172024-305pm-W00IGf.mov
    2.2 MB