• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form Critique

xKero

I just set up this net in the garage (which I found out to be a bit too small for this) after trying a friends techdisc and recorded 3 shots of my current form for analysis. Shots were thrown at ~80% power because I did not feel comfortable fully ripping a disc with basically a big trampoline right in front of me to launch a disc at my face lol. For future form work I will find a place to set up with more room for my run up.
When using the tech disc I was able to average ~54 Mph drives (pic attached), but when trying to push the speed the form really fell apart. When I was throwing ~80% effort I was consistently getting 1250rpm.
On the fairway I'm consistently able to drive 275'-300' accurately with a mid range at around 80% power. Drivers reach around 300'-325', attempting to throw more than that my consistency is pretty much gone, usually ending up with lots of hyzer.

The current points that I'm aware are off and am working on:
Lower body

-Not planting front foot far enough forward and out to properly engage hip rotation.
This is my main focus before I work on anything else.

Current flaws that I'm aware of but not working on yet:
Upper body

-Not pulling through in the power pocket.
The way I am throwing at shoulder level feels the most comfortable, but from everything that I have seen and read its not the optimal travel path for the arm. Will need to find some drills to correct this.

If you notice anything else that I'm not seeing that could be done better I'm happy to try it out and update the thread.

Attachments

• Garage Form Review.mp4
    17.8 MB
  • techdisc.jpg
    techdisc.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
1. Yeah, that is not enough space to practice. Looks like you almost hit your head on the ceiling.

2. Your posture from start to finish is Anterior Pelvic Tilt (APT) / spine extension. Note how your spine is leaning back and your shoulder never swings forward over your hip/knee.

Screen Shot 2024-04-18 at 10.09.49 PM.png

1. Yeah, that is not enough space to practice. Looks like you almost hit your head on the ceiling.

2. Your posture from start to finish is Anterior Pelvic Tilt (APT) / spine extension. Note how your spine is leaning back and your shoulder never swings forward over your hip/knee.

View attachment 338225

I am putting fixing this to top priority. I always thought I was in a neutral position but obviously I was just unaware of what my spine was actually doing.
Will update when I get a better space set up and have a chance to work on this. I greatly appreciate your help!

I went out to a field today and just threw all of my mid ranges and drivers as a baseline before starting any changes to verify that the small space was not causing me to do something I don't typically do. Was definitely a lot more comfortable than the garage and did not have to worry about hitting anything. Does not seem that anything is different so now I will actually start to focus on fixing my posture.

Latest posts