• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form Feedback

hanger129

Par Member
Hoping to get feedback on a few throws from my most recent fieldwork session. Apologies for the less than ideal camera angle. Thanks in advance!

You are extending your rear knee into the plant and locking out, instead of knee going into flexion to swivel freely.

What issues does that cause in the throw? Is it mostly a loss of speed/power? Am I not pushing off the rear leg enough?

Causes balance, shift and rotation issues. It's a different way/movement pattern of loading and unloading the rear foot/leg. You kind of lean back over your rear leg/tip back and tip forward instead of coil and uncoil in balance.

I meant to cut this video down to just a few throws but there was something about the way it uploaded to Google Photos that didn't allow me to edit the length, unfortunately.

Would love some feedback on things I'm doing RIGHT as well as what I need to improve. On a few of these throws, it looks like I might be reaching back too early? In this session, I was focusing on driving off my left foot and accelerating my arm as it comes into the power pocket. Thanks in advance!

One thing you are doing right: keeping the off-arm nice and tight to the body during the throw. There's ways to do it even better but its not hurting you how you are doing it now.

On your x-step you are a little too far leaned back past the rear foot. You want to be a little more upright and more forward with respect to your rear foot.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback! Oddly enough, I feel like my left arm is usually even tighter than it is here. I thought the way I was kinda flinging it outwards was weird in these throws.

And I see what you mean about being leaned backward past the rear foot. Looking forward to working on that in my next session!

Looking for tips on these putter throws. Getting them out about ~240ft but would love to add another 30 or 40 feet.

Need to stay more balanced and centered and stride straighter while turning back. You lean back too much and step too leftward into the plant without creating any internal torque/cocking of the hips.

Not sure that much has changed in my form but hoping this angle provides a better view of my throw.

Need to keep turning your hips further back while striding forward into plant. Stride more left to right into plant.

Here are my latest form videos. Interested to see what can be learned from the behind angle. Some advice on the FB group said my long x-step is causing my weight to be on my back leg instead over my plant foot.

I'm getting 350-360ft on my best throws, but averaging around 325ft. What's it gonna take to hit 400ft consistently?

Landing leaning back behind rear foot, slowing CoG down and making weightshift wonky. Need to maintain better center balance gliding forward.
hsMZKLE.png

Filmed a few throws after dubs last night. Tried making my x-step smaller but it still looks about the same. Also tried keeping my weight more over my plant foot, but it looks like I'm still leaning back a bit (though maybe less than before?). These mids went a little over 300ft which is the farthest I've ever thrown them so it seems like I'm doing something right.

Am I still bracing effectively? It feels like I'm shifting my weight into the brace but then I kinda swing around on my plant leg.

Balance looks a little better, but still looks like you are striding uphill or up the stairs, picking your right leg up, instead of going downhill/stairs and letting it hang/swing more relaxed and dropping into the plant.

I feel like I had much better balance in my throw, however, my x-step still feels bigger than necessary. Is that worth worrying about if I'm able to fix my balance issue (i.e. weight back instead of forward)?

I'm also trying to create more separation between my shoulders and my hips but really struggling to do so. I had a little more luck doing it standstill but it's not quite where I want it to be. Any tips? Should I be focusing on something else instead? Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the input as always! I'm curious to know more about how I can actively work this into my throw. The door frame drill is helpful in getting the feeling I'm after, but what do I need to change in my actual throw to achieve it? Lead with my butt more?

The golf examples you posted above seem fairly simple to do for a golf swing but really difficult for a disc golf throw. In the second video, it almost looks like the instructor is pushing up from his toes in order to fall into the hip turn. I had previously been doing something similar in my throw where I would push up from the ground with my driving foot as I came across my x-step and then would fall into the plant. However, at the time I was also keeping my weight back and abandoned the push-up maneuver because I thought it was contributing to balance issues.

Is the maneuver I'm describing a good technique to implement or is there a better way to get the falling feeling?