• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Form Help please

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but there's a lot going wrong with your throw. I'm sure others will chime in and try to get you lined out but I would suggest maybe starting from a standstill and working on your upper body mechanics. Once that is straightened out then maybe start adding some footwork.

There are probably some decent YouTube videos that will at least help you kind of get the basics down.

1. Note how your right elbow is retracted down in next to your body like a T-Rex, instead of pulled taut and swinging wide out away like Olympic Hammer Throw.

2. Note how your right hip is extended while knee is bent and behind hip. Paul's right knee is bracing the hip which is hinged allowing the chest forward and shoulder to swing forward over hip like Olympic Hammer Throw. So you can see your hinge/swivel is happening in your knee instead of hip and you kind of stand up/extend your spine.

I would start from the top:
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119328

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 7.51.09 PM copy.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-11-03 at 7.51.09 PM copy.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 23
If I read your body language, you are very focused on the target. Your head/eyes seem to be locked. This may be a symptom of not understanding how your body alignment dictates the disc path.

Before you throw, find the place out in front of you where you want the disc to go. Think about what angle you want the disc to be at in the air. Now backtrack, back down the tee pad and visualize that path. If you keep the disc on that path, you don't need to look at the target. Let go of the idea that you need to keep your eyes on the target.

Work from a stand still, and focus on the disc path.