• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Forward Fade

I almost lost my Insanity today, it faded too far forward down a ravine. Fortunately, I found it, so I'm still as MVP crazy as ever ;)

XXX - little forward penetrating fade

Beast - almost entirely forward penetrating fade.

http://www.inboundsdiscgolf.com/content/?page_id=431&id=LR75704345113840345876O777921OO

Still don't get why this is threadworthy

The only reason I think it is thread-worthy is that the term itself is a bit confusing. I have not seen too many shots with any disc that are not moving forward while they are fading. Everyone can picture that. So if a disc manufacturing is saying that their fade is "better" than some other company's fade, it can make you scratch your head, whether it's true or not. I don't think I understand it. I just accept it as a marketing term and move on.

"Our discs fly forward when thrown that way."

Boom, Marketing.

But these discs here go to eleven. It's all just a bunch of words until you get your plastic out to the course. If your discs help people's game, you'll sell a bunch of them and keep doing that. If your product is nothing but hype, people will figure that out too.

Aha! That's what I need to add back to my bag! I'd forgotten how much I like Cyclones. But not the Elite-Z Cyclone. For some odd reason, Z Cyclones are dumpy.

Z sucked. ESP were nice though. Too bad they went OOP.

Back to the regularly scheduled thread, to me some discs hit the brakes harder than others.

My definition

This thread is serving as its own definition of forward fade - moving forward, and fading at the same time.

Latest posts