• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fossa Bags

Thumber99

Anybody using a Fossa ??

I picked up a Fossa Pro-Z . They were on sale with free shipping. Well made. Lots of zipper storage pockets for phones, wallets, even an umbrella pocket. Comes with a rainfly. 2 putter side pocket, 4-5 disc top pocket. 24 disc center area. The straps are adjustable and comfortable. The pack has lots of padding and is contoured to fit your back. Well thought out
design.

Attachments

• 20190306_185105.jpg
    20190306_185105.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 119
One of my regular group has a Tana and he seems to like it. I haven't heard any complaints. My backpack bag is an MVP.

In use the tana pro. Great smaller sized bag that has held up great I've thr last 2 seasons of all weather discgolf

Good to hear they have some confirmed durability. Will post back when I can finally get out on the courses. We have another foot of snow forecasted for the area!!

For anyone looking to get a Pro-Z, the Fossa site has a sale on them, with free shipping right now...

the single water bottle holder is a drawback, but the rest of the bag looks very solid.

I have a Zany Pro (Pro-Z) that I got on sale about a year ago and I've had no problems so far. Fossa customer service was amazing as well.

I just finished up a review of the Fossa Zany Pro.

I saw your review the other day and I thought it was very well done, I wish I could have found more reviews like that when I was picking out a bag. The Zany Pro is my first backpack bag, and the weight has never been an issue for me. I was curious what other bags you would recommend that would be lighter and around the same price range?

Last edited:
I was curious what other bags you would recommend that would be lighter and around the same price range?

Unfortunately I have yet to review most bags in that price range of $180 or less. Also It depends how many discs you want to carry.

One of the bags I have tried that fits the price is the VooDoo Spinal Tap 3. It is still a heavy bag, but much lighter than the Pro Z. Also at $99(+$13ish shipping) on EBay it is an INSANE deal. ST3 seems very durable.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disc-Golf-Backpack-with-Voodoo-Logo-Spinal-Tap-3-/173421622797

Lighter and more comfortable than both of those would be a Grip BX or Grip AX3 but you are gonna have to spend more at $219 and $249. The Grip bags are a mile ahead of the Pro Z for comfort and may simply be the best bang for $$ for what I have reviewed so far.
Current promotion use code "GRIPCOMBO" to get a free hat with bag purchase.
https://grip-eq.com/product/bx-series/
https://grip-eq.com/product/ax3-series/

Upper Parks Shift is on the extreme light weight end of the spectrum, but if you are used to filling a Pro Z with discs and other stuff then you may have trouble converting to a Shift for full time use. If you are considering buying an additional bag to supplement instead of replace the Pro Z then the UP Shift may be perfect. The shift is amazingly comfortable, light weight, and a good bargain at $129.99.
https://upperparkdesigns.com/collections/bags/products/thenewshift

There are so many bags that might be good in that price range and I do want to review them but I can only afford so much right now and I like to spend 2 to 4 weeks with each bag so that I can be thorough. Prodigy BP-1 v2, MVP Voyager Pro, Ranger H20, and the HyzerBomb Flak X all come to mind as bags that might work for you, but I have not yet reviewed any of them. Maybe by the end of the summer I will have completed reviewing all of those.

There are so many bags that might be good in that price range and I do want to review them but I can only afford so much right now and I like to spend 2 to 4 weeks with each bag so that I can be thorough.

That's completely understandable, and thank you for everything you've done so far! I had considered the ST3 and the Grips when I was looking for a bag, but I ended up choosing the Pro-Z because I got a very good deal on it. I'm not currently looking to replace it, but I'm hoping your advice can help out anyone that is currently looking!

I went out and added a ZUCA ez cart to carry my Pro Z backpack. This style of cart allows a great fit with access to all of the pockets on the bag. The ez is nice and compact with a very light weight. I added fenders, which will help with keeping everything clean and dry.

Mother nature has decided to play
havoc on us by dumping 8 inches
of snow, so will have to wait to give a course review of the new set up. My back already feels better !!

I added a Pro Pocket by Infinite Discs to my Ez cart/Pro Z combo. It finishes up the rig nicely !

Hitting the course Wednesday or Thursday.
No more lugging my stuff !!

Attachments

• 20201116_185957_1605575465522.jpg
    20201116_185957_1605575465522.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 47
I added a Pro Pocket by Infinite Discs to my Ez cart/Pro Z combo. It finishes up the rig nicely !

Hitting the course Wednesday or Thursday.
No more lugging my stuff !!

Forgive my ignorance, is the pocket of 6-8 discs facing the camera the Pro Pocket you referenced? Not a cart guy but I did bust out my Tana Pro for the first time in a while last week. Hence me in this thread.

Does anybody have the Zoma and able to give their thoughts about it? I've got one coming in this week but curious to hear others' thoughts on it.

Does anybody have the Zoma and able to give their thoughts about it? I've got one coming in this week but curious to hear others' thoughts on it.

I had one. It's probably still in my closet somewhere. I'm pretty easy on my equipment and it didn't make it three months before some of the stitching started coming undone on the edges. Beyond that grievance I didn't have any complaints about it. It is the type of bag that doesn't stand up on its own so if you set it down you'll need to make sure the discs don't fall out.