• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Frolf vs. Disc Golf

here lets see what you can do with this, don johnson wack a mole frat boy i like big shorts at dicks sporting goods disc golf is not for monkeys butt they might wanna eat megan fox's lunchbox contents and winnie the poo likes eating honey in freshly plowed bush and beef jerky flip flop doggy dogg.

Sir you are disgusting! :eek:

If you come to the beautiful Mendocino Coast of Northern California you will be Frolfing like it or not! We are the MFC and that's how we roll. You dont have to hate because you don't like the word Frolf. We all play the same game.
Hope we can come together and just go play! Frolfers and discers unite.:)

Just keep the MFC away from the AVBC and KOA DGC's and I'll be AOK.
DSCJNKY

does it really matter what we call it, frolf disc golf who really cares? i dont know about you but i just love playing the game

Three Bosses for the Distance-kings under the sky,
Seven Rocs for the Tunnel-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine Wraiths for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One Buzzz for the Dark Lord War Eagle on his dark throne
In the Land of Flip City where the Shadows lie.
One Disc to rule them all, One Disc to find them,
One Disc to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Flip City where the Shadows lie.

Something else LOTR and Disc Golf have in common? Hours of tedious walking. :D

Yea i use them interchangeably... it is sort of a hot button word... there are certain people I can't say it around.

I am sure its been said a lot here, but Frisbee is a brand name (Wham-O). I think the Disc over Frisbee is something that Discraft is secretly supporting. think about it, the first Ultimate game was probably played with Wham-O frisbees, thus Ultimate Frisbee. Then the Ultra-Star came to dominate, and they marketed it as a flying disc and only refer to the game as Ultimate.... Just sayin. I could be wrong about all this though, I don't know what was used in the first Ultimate game.
This makes me think of my parents who are foreign (filipino). Filipinos have this weird tendency of using certain brand names to describe items in general... All toothpaste is Colgate. All refrigerators are Fridgedairs. Oh... also it makes me think of the South where all sodas are refered to as Cokes. What kind of Coke do you want?

Im done. wow this is my 4th post this morning... I should go to bed

I might have posted in this thread already but even if I did I just want to state again how much I dislike the term frolf. It just makes it sound like a hippie game like we don't already get that sterotype.

I don't care for Frolf or Frisbee Golf but I have to admit I usually call Slurpee type drinks, Slurpees. I don't even know the name of that type of drink. :p

Yea i use them interchangeably... it is sort of a hot button word... there are certain people I can't say it around.

...Oh... also it makes me think of the South where all sodas are refered to as Cokes. What kind of Coke do you want?

Yes, I grew up in Western New york and sodas were all "pop" then I moved to Florida and everything was a "coke"

I love when waitresses in the south ask what kind of Coke you want "umm brown and bubbly"

so when there says that there is a poll, where is that poll?

Disc Golf > Frolf .... think Frolf is what people called it thinking they were clever putting two words together never thinking that a whole new term had been made for such a great sport

Disc...golf?

So, we have the frisbee. But it is not just a frisbee, it is a frisbee disc.

So, when you are disc golfing, you are really frisbee disc golfing, but to lazy to say "frisbee" (laziness is truly a huge factor in language development).

But, if you are really lazy (like myself), you drop disc and most of the rest of the words and are left with frolf -- a portmanteau far superior to the shortened form "disc golf".

Thus, us frolfers are simply more evolved, and lazy.

Consequently there's about 30 discs at my local frourse that I didn't feel like tracking down.

Have at 'em!

So, we have the frisbee. But it is not just a frisbee, it is a frisbee disc.

So, when you are disc golfing, you are really frisbee disc golfing, but to lazy to say "frisbee" (laziness is truly a huge factor in language development).

But, if you are really lazy (like myself), you drop disc and most of the rest of the words and are left with frolf -- a portmanteau far superior to the shortened form "disc golf".

Thus, us frolfers are simply more evolved, and lazy.

Consequently there's about 30 discs at my local frourse that I didn't feel like tracking down.

Have at 'em!

Since you are so lazy you probably didn't look into this at all. Your whole argument is flawed. They are not frisbee golf discs at all. "Frisbee" is a brand name. If it doesn't say Frisbee on it then it's not a Frisbee.

i call it "dolf", short for disc golf. that way i am using a proper term but still being unbearable

Frolf just sounds stupid. It's disc golf. Quit trying to sound cool talking about it, because you don't.

I about laughed my ass off when somebody told me about another guys "sick jits" ... It's "jiu jitsu" you moron. What is the deal with this crap?

"Frolf" has been a term that's been in use for a looonnnggg time. First time I heard it on TV was back in May 1997 during a Seinfeld episode titled the "Summer of George" where basically George wants "frolf" (frisbee golf) to become his new passion.

I remember watching the episode and laughing thinking that I was in on the joke and the term "frolf" would go over most people's heads. Apparently, it's a commonly used term up here in the Northeast (i'm in the Buffalo NY area).

Good episode (weren't they all!)

from the script:
George: Severance package...The Yankees are giving me three months full pay for doing nothing.

Jerry: They did it for three years. What's another few months.

George: I'm really going to do something with these three months.

Jerry: Like what?

George: I'm gonna read a book. From beginning to end. In that order.

Jerry: I've always wanted to do that...

George: I'm gonna play frolf.

Jerry: You mean golf?

George: Frolf, frisbee golf Jerry. Golf with a frisbee. This is gonna be my time. Time to taste the fruits and let the juices drip down my chin. I proclaim this: The Summer of George!

if i remember correctly, george also aspired to eat a block of cheese in this episode