• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

From Des Moines, IA to Dallas, TX August 20-25

SaralaAnne

Bogey Member
Okay, so my main reason for actually joining this site was because my husband and I are going down to Dallas in August to visit some family down there and was wondering if you guys in, or have been to the area, could suggest any good courses? These are the ones we are thinking so far:

Bill Allen Memorial Park-The Colony, TX
Harry Myers DGC-Rockwall, TX
Lake Lewisville Park-Lewisville, TX
Lester Lorch Park - Coyote DGC-Cedar Hill, TX

Also, if there would be any on the way from IA to TX down I-35 that weren't too far from the interstate that you would suggest we would appreciate it. It's going to be a 12 hour drive, so the chance to stretch our legs in the Kansas/Oklahoma area would be pretty nice.

Thanks!

Water Works is in downtown Kansas City, definitely a good place to stretch your legs with a LOT of hills to traverse.

Looks like a pretty good list of courses in the metroplex. I suggest you also check out the DFW thread, it's got lots of great info about the local courses.

If you are interested in a couple of shorter courses, check out LL Woods(near Lake Lewisville) or Dash's Track (near Bill Allen) Both are close by, short, but fun.

Oh, and it will prob still be very hot when you're here.

You can't miss bear creek dgc in grapevine tx. Every time Im in the area I hit it up. Bill Allen is a great course and frisco has a great shorter course about 15-20 mins away. Frisco is an 18 holer almost all under 200 ft.

Also, if there would be any on the way from IA to TX down I-35 that weren't too far from the interstate that you would suggest we would appreciate it. It's going to be a 12 hour drive, so the chance to stretch our legs in the Kansas/Oklahoma area would be pretty nice.

Thanks!

Before you leave the state, the Lamoni courses, Graceland University and J & B Rolling Hills if you've never been there are pretty fun.

Kansas City area of course. Water Works would be the one to hit. The two Rosedale Park courses are also close to 35, but it can get crowded, especially the top course. Prairie Center Park in the southwest burbs is often overlooked. Some recent redesign on the back holes have added challenge.

Jones Park in Emporia, KS - Two courses. West is more rec friendly, East is more challenging. Peter Pan Park across town is also a fun play.

Herman Hill Park, Oak Park, or Stone Creek Park in the Wichita area.

Griffin Park or N.E. Lions Park in Norman, OK

Last edited:

Latest posts