• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] From hype to horror-DON'T POST A GROOVE THREAD UNTIL YOU READ THIS!

Do you hate the groove

• YES(Always)

Votes: 221 52.7%
  • NO(Never)

Votes: 138 32.9%
  • SOMETIMES(When it doesnt do what you want it to...but you still throw it)

Votes: 60 14.3%

• Total voters
You rang?
It is a gimmicky disc that failed. Take 3 grooves and they will all fly differently. If is hard to get $5 for a Champion Groove on this site.

:thmbup: Picturing your avatar saying "you rang?"...

they are touchy and each fly differently. i think they glide well but takes 10 throws to take advantage of it and that is one birdie and 9 pars.

You rang?
It is a gimmicky disc that failed. Take 3 grooves and they will all fly differently. If is hard to get $5 for a Champion Groove on this site.

I know a guy who threw 20 Champ Katanas, same weight, and he said only 3 flew consistently the same.

I can throw one Katana 20 times, and only 3 tries fly the same.

Maybe it's me????

could be....

The dude I mentioned was a retired mechanical engineer so he was very analytical and had plenty of money and free time. He would buy multiples of the same plastic and weight, throw them the same way and record the results. He said the Katana was the most inconsistent of the discs that he had tried. We didn't talk about the Groove. Seeing that he was a rather intelligent person, I'm going to assume that he knew better than to bother with it.

could be....

The dude I mentioned was a retired mechanical engineer so he was very analytical and had plenty of money and free time. He would buy multiples of the same plastic and weight, throw them the same way and record the results. He said the Katana was the most inconsistent of the discs that he had tried. We didn't talk about the Groove. Seeing that he was a rather intelligent person, I'm going to assume that he knew better than to bother with it.

Intelligence has no bearing on one's ability to throw. Give anyone any high speed disc and unless they possess the uncommon form and power required to throw it they will have inconsistent results at best. The Katana and other understable high speed discs would be even less consistent. If a less than powerful thrower uses a Nuke OS, the result will be the same every time - Newb Hyzer. If you use a Vulcan, you may turn it over quickly or you may fail to get it up to speed and newb hyzer. On another note, thank you to Booter for the correct "snowflake of suck" quote.

Dmbrun on here chucked one on the most ridiculous lines on a hole that is nearly impossible to even get to the basket, and the flight pattern was so horrible that it it suited the horrible hole perfectly and he aced it with a Groove he just found.

I understand that smarts don't equal successful throws. Thanks for reminding me of that obvious fact.
My point was that dude does this for every disc, he's an engineer, he likes to know how things work. He has been playing for a long time and knows how to throw them rounded flying disc things.

oh, why even bother, everyone here knows everything already anyway....

I understand that smarts don't equal successful throws. Thanks for reminding me of that obvious fact.
My point was that dude does this for every disc, he's an engineer, he likes to know how things work. He has been playing for a long time and knows how to throw them rounded flying disc things.

oh, why even bother, everyone here knows everything already anyway....

You're very welcome. I was just saying that with the current knowledge base and general concensus being that Katanas are fairly consistent, It's more likely that the dude in question just doesn't have the arm for uber speed drivers, like most of us. If it was a slower speed disc the results of that particular test would be more reliable. I have nothing against you or your engineer friend.

I appreciate that only so much information can be gleaned from a few words on a computer screen. I only mentioned the Katana because I was also surprised by his results. Again, dude has been playing for a long time and knows how to throw. But in the end, I am not trying to convince anyone of anything.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Groove hate thread...

I appreciate that only so much information can be gleaned from a few words on a computer screen. I only mentioned the Katana because I was also surprised by his results. Again, dude has been playing for a long time and knows how to throw. But in the end, I am not trying to convince anyone of anything.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Groove hate thread...

So basically, neither of us had a real point... Huh. OK, as you were.

Latest posts