• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] From hype to horror-DON'T POST A GROOVE THREAD UNTIL YOU READ THIS!

Do you hate the groove

• YES(Always)

Votes: 221 52.7%
  • NO(Never)

Votes: 138 32.9%
  • SOMETIMES(When it doesnt do what you want it to...but you still throw it)

Votes: 60 14.3%

• Total voters
It hooks immediately to the left and nosedives into the ground like it's suicidal regardless of how much anhyzer I put on it. Is there some kind of a trick to throwing this thing...or am I just retarded.

You don't have the arm to throw it. $5 says that would happen with any speed 13 disc you throw that isn't mad undersable.

That, or the Groove he found was just that overstable. It is an inconsistent disc, deal with it.

You don't have the arm to throw it. $5 says that would happen with any speed 13 disc you throw that isn't mad understable.

I'll bet $15 more dollars that this is correct. I actually threw one that happened to be reliable but I'll admit that other ones I've tossed have flown differently. That being said, lets let this be. Bashing the Groove is like bashing a politician: it's way too easy and is mostly conjecture by folks that have no idea and are simply going with the crowd. I can't imagine that everyone that routinely disses the disc actually went out and bought one - I mean, it has such a bad rep who would waste the money? Lets just say that Innova tried something new, it flopped harder than a fat kid on the high dive, and now they (hopefully) know that it wasn't a great call. Anyway, how bout them Teedevils?

The groove...worst disc ever?

I found a groove in the woods the other day with no name on it. So I took it for a test throw...that thing is horrible! No matter how much anhyzer I put on it, the thing still turns left harder than a nascar driver. Is there some kind of trick to throwing it straight or am I missing something?

A quick search will yield a ridiculous number of groove hate threads.

It's a full blown witch hunt on this forum.

No matter how much anhyzer I put on it, the thing still turns left harder than a nascar driver. Is there some kind of trick to throwing it straight or am I missing something?

the trick is beating it in first so its not as overstable. i have two grooves and they both started out overstable but after beating it in a lil its perfect for hizer flip shots and has a lot of glide. its a good tail wind disc too

sorry the post thing was screwed up. i got two grooves and they are great discs for hizer flips but they started out overstable i had to beat em in a lil

This appears to be another groove hate thread, which is a flamable offense, but the OB is asking "how can I make this POS work?" not "tell me how much you hate it".

I use my groove a lot. On hole 9 there is a straight tunnel shot 300 feet. I take out my groove fill it with water and give it to my dog while I break out the Buzzz :). I have not been able to figure that disc out, and even when you do, the next groove you touch will be totally different.

i still love to use my groove for risky throws.

i'll never use the groove as my main disc, they are just too unpredictable, but because i can get them cheap, i'd rather throw them over water because they fly so much farther/better than my dragon. they also make extremely good overhand discs but my xxx works just a bit better. but the groove really does get insane distance on overhands. i need to test that in a field and compare them.

When I had one in my bag it was a very consistent turnover flyer. Once the Nuke came out, it quickly replaced the Groove for that particular fly. I have since worked the Groove back in every now and then; however, it leaves the bag as quickly as it goes in!!

Had a groove, lost the groove, never wanted to replace it.

a friend of mine had one that was left in the trunk of a car for a while and was completely flat on top. almost concave. it was the meatiest overstable thing I had ever seen.

but yes. it is a crappy disc.

I found at least 3 grooves this year. all bright green/yellow.

175g way to overstable for anything but overhand.

166g I could throw fine. I would rather throw a leopard or basically any other disc to get the same results.