• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Discs AMA

^ Give me some of that Magic, man!

What are the best Gateway blends to throw in cold weather? I was stuck on Eraser plastic for much of the early winter but now that there is snow on the ground, those feel like bricks in my hands. Should I go with something softer (RFF perhaps)? Any recommendations here?

SSS, RFF, or 4S would be the best options. 4S is still super floppy even in single digits.

^ Thanks! I had a Magic I won in a tourney last year that would fit this bill. I'll switch out my putters to see if the flexible ones do any better in the snow.

Are there stiffer swirly discs? Swirly stiff warlocks sounds nice maybe an s/ss blend

I have a quite a few wizards they all feel somewhat different in the plastics blends but all have the same general profile. All are older runs nothing newer than 3 years ago. But one wizard is a totally odd ball it's hand written on the back under the weight SOAR WIZ it doesn't have a tight shoulder like the others. And you guess it it's a slower disc that just glides like no other wiz I own. Label soft but it's the stiffness disc I own and the stamp it's in very bold print. What is this Soar wiz run and how common is it I wish I knew how to upload a picture of the disc. Any information would be great TIA.

Sounds like it's just a very poorly written 'SOFT'. I know of no 'SOAR' Wizards.

These are my personal favorites and in my bag at all times

Are there stiffer swirly discs? Swirly stiff warlocks sounds nice maybe an s/ss blend

We have done runs of swirly PWP blends and Soft blends in the past. They are all gone now though.

I am a big fan of firm plastic, so I always try to get them to run some when the mold is in. Hopefully we will get a wide range of swirly Warlocks, from Soft all the way to SSS or even RFF.

Looking to try a Wizard and a Voodoo, but seeing as I can't fondle them in person, I'm stuck ordering them online.

So, Question is, which blend of plastic is closest to a Yeti Aviar, or XT plastic. Something between KC and Rpro basically.

Looking to try a Wizard and a Voodoo, but seeing as I can't fondle them in person, I'm stuck ordering them online.

So, Question is, which blend of plastic is closest to a Yeti Aviar, or XT plastic. Something between KC and Rpro basically.

I would recommend SS or Eraser. SS is that sweet spot between firm and floppy where you get a good consistent grip and release and the disc still wants to grab chains even in cold weather. Eraser has a little rubber added for extra grip with similar stiffness to SS.

I would recommend SS or Eraser. SS is that sweet spot between firm and floppy where you get a good consistent grip and release and the disc still wants to grab chains even in cold weather. Eraser has a little rubber added for extra grip with similar stiffness to SS.

Thank you!! :thmbup: I'll order a few!

How soft or flexible is the SSS?

Thank you!! :thmbup: I'll order a few!

How soft or flexible is the SSS?

SSS is more flexible, but I wouldn't call them floppy. Maybe comparable to a firm R-Pro. Easy to bend. Not firm enough for my liking, but I am a fan of firm putters.

Ive been dreaming so diamond savages ever since they released the diamond and platinum plastics..PWP Sabres would be sick too. Gateway has the best plastics.

Latest posts